Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Post by Ross »

yaxomoxay wrote:Most disturbing thing in episode 9 is that the girl's beer can is obviously empty and she keeps drinking from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha!!! I thought the same thing!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

dud wrote:thoughts / questions:

1. Who killed Hasting's secretary, Phillip? not bad coop, he wanted the coordinates from her. does this mean Phillip has the coordinates?
2a. So Duncan Todd works for bad coop? guess that makes more sense than Jefferies, but for some reason i was thinking Jefferies till this episode
2b. What if he works for BOTH of them and is betraying one of them? maybe that's why he seems so agitated all the time!
Hastings' secretary was killed by the car bomb installed by "Jack" wasn't she? DoppleCoop then says kills Jack by giving him a face massage. The car-bomb plot seems totally set up by DoppleCoop and his bunch.

Hastings gets so rambly that I can't quite put the events in order. The way he tells it, they find hibernating Briggs. He asks them to get the coordinates from the military computer. Then he goes right into someone throwing him down and asking him his wife's name. It *seems* to be DoppleCoop since he apparently bangs her or gets *her* to do something he wants (based on her reaction to seeing him) then he initiates the plot to have her killed with her boyfriend's gun AND ALSO the voice on the box says that DoppleCoop had been to see Major Briggs.

BUT after Hastings tells this part, he tells about going to get the coordinates from the computer, at which time Hasting's secretary must have gotten them too? Then Ruth writes them on her hand and they go back to Briggs and tell him the coordinates, and when he hears them, he floats into the air and his head detaches and disappears, but then someone kills Ruth (there were so many people there!) and he cradles her as she dies. Who kills Ruth is more my question, and if she had the numbers written on her hand, it must not have been DoppleCoop or Ray/Daria who killed her, because none of them have the coordinates until Ray gets them from the secretary.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Ross wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:Most disturbing thing in episode 9 is that the girl's beer can is obviously empty and she keeps drinking from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha!!! I thought the same thing!
I was irked as well. It looks like there are quite a few of us. It seems that it was more upsetting than the rash. :lol:
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

Esselgee wrote:Well, I guess we now know that Tim Roth isn't playing Philip Jeffries.
It would be funny if Hutch turned out to **be** Jeffries though, hehe.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

So, do we think that Diane is wearing a wig? Or is that really supposed to be her hair?

I'm so confused by the text Diane got from Mr. C. I wonder if she thinks it's from Phillip Jeffries?

"around the dinner table, the conversation is lively."
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

sycamore wrote:
frompureair wrote:
FlyingSquirrel wrote:
Does the "click here to read older journal entries" link do anything besides display static and play the TP theme music?
There is clearly something else hidden over the static it's a voice but I can't make out. Someone needs to run it through audio software. Very nice find! Can't wait to decipher this one!
on this page that someone posted:
http://thesearchforthezone.com/guestboo ... ntries.txt

there seem to be lots of little clues. here's one:
"The Engineer,,,2017-07-09 23:08:43,::ffff:122.59.219.119,"running hi and lo pass filters over the electrical interference reveals...something"
hundreds of lines of fodder among the temp entries on the guestbook:
http://thesearchforthezone.com/guestboo ... ntries.txt

"Hewigo,,,2017-07-09 23:16:47,::ffff:82.25.50.248,"253 253 430"

and this website (click on each photo):
"Laszlo Bolender,,,2017-07-09 23:01:11,::ffff:104.174.36.108,"This is amazing... thank you, "Bill Hastings, " or should I say David Lynch?<br /><br />l &aacute; sz l o b o l en d er <br /><br />www.trianglewave.tk"

and this website:
"Drfantasty,,,2017-07-09 22:34:05,::ffff:104.32.252.47,"Have you checked out <br /><br />https://cassiopaea.org/cass/Varo-Jessup.PdF<br /><br />The annotated copy of The Case For The UFO, sent to the first iteration of Project Blue Book in the US Navy in the 60's. First mention of the philadelphia experiment and includes a lot of what you have discovered here. Thanks for your work"

and a ton a gibberish that might mean something (or not) ...
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

Those are written by fans, I wrote this:
Philthy Ray,,,2017-07-09 22:20:07,::ffff:104.35.175.50,"I don't know what to believe anymore."
it's on the list, but the name must be randomly generated, because I did not chose one.

Edit, just double checked and posted again, it showed up after a minute or two:
Aabbbcccc,,,2017-07-10 00:47:12,::ffff:46.9.149.188,"Hey dugpa, how's it going?"
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

When someone first posted the link to the guest book temp entries, I clicked and found the one I had written. It is no longer there now. Wonder why some of them would be deleted.

Did anyone visit the Horizon project link? It's a fake (?) financial site all in German?
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

Normonaut wrote:Those are written by fans, I wrote this:
Philthy Ray,,,2017-07-09 22:20:07,::ffff:104.35.175.50,"I don't know what to believe anymore."
it's on the list, but the name must be randomly generated, because I did not chose one.

Edit, just double checked and posted again, it showed up after a minute or two:
Aabbbcccc,,,2017-07-10 00:47:12,::ffff:46.9.149.188,"Hey dugpa, how's it going?"
ugh. now i see ...
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
djsunyc wrote:damn diane...did not expect you to be on the same side as dopplecoop.
I didn't get that from the scene at all. TBH he's messing with her, the phone said unknown. They weren't keeping in contact and she was clearly puzzled and a bit frightened. How would he have Diane's number you ask? Well, he's BOB so there's your answer.
That's what I got too. He's reminding her of that last night, taunting her (by mentioning only the nice things from that evening). At the same time, given how beguiling BadCoop seems to be, I wouldn't entirely be surprised if he convinces her to do something stupid.
"The stories that I wanna tell you about... "
bastia
Roadhouse Member

Post by bastia »

In Ben's scene:

Have you seen that the shades of the lamp created the owls figure?
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

is that shaggy from scooby doo??

also.. i knew the surprise was gonna be sky ferreira.. i voted for it on the poll. wheres my prize?? 8)
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

tresojos wrote:is that shaggy from scooby doo??

also.. i knew the surprise was gonna be sky ferreira.. i voted for it on the poll. wheres my prize?? 8)
1. Yes
2. Smug self-satisfaction is its own reward.
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

thedougpa wrote:I think we will see a funeral for Johnny Horne soon. He was running pretty fucking fast. Would be a good way to bring Audrey into the picture and possibly settle the parentage of Richard Horne.
Good call.

Does that rule out Richard being her son, or has he gone to stay with his grandparents in Twin Peaks? I always get hung up on the fact that the girl in the bar didn't recognise him, as if he was a new face.
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

madeleineferguson wrote:
garethw wrote:
Pinky wrote:MacLachlan outdid himself here, that stare was something else. I was transfixed. Poor Coop.
I'm racking my brain of Twin Peaks trivia and trying to figure out the significance of the red shoes he fixates on. All I can come up with was Lill, but that doesn't seem to fit.

Anyone got anything else?
I immediately thought of Audrey Horne's red pumps from the Pilot.

It's kind of impossible to see Sky Ferriera in Twin Peaks and not think she's Audrey's daughter. She looks just like her. Could "Elle" be a nickname for Linda? Like, everyone calls her "L", so she changed her name to Elle?
I like the idea that Richard and Linda could be twins. There's a nice play on the theme of duality, male/female, L/R (left/right)...