Part 8 - Gotta light? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

wxray
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 8 - Gotta light? (SPOILERS)

Post by wxray »

zeronumber wrote:Could the Young Girl from '56 be the "American" Girl in the Room on the purple ocean world?

( f ~ tammy)

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
This is my belief and I discussed it here yesterday.

I pulled up some pictures of the actress from S1/S2/FWWM time period, and I'm getting that vibe.

However... I do not believe it is Ronnette, it is just that DKL/Joanna Ray like Pheobe enough to find a place for her to play another character.

There's no mistake in my mind that she's listed as "American" girl when spending time is this lodge room with or near the injured Asian woman.
DamnFineCreamedCorn
Roadhouse Member

Post by DamnFineCreamedCorn »

wxray wrote:
zeronumber wrote:Could the Young Girl from '56 be the "American" Girl in the Room on the purple ocean world?

( f ~ tammy)

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
This is my belief and I discussed it here yesterday.

I pulled up some pictures of the actress from S1/S2/FWWM time period, and I'm getting that vibe.

However... I do not believe it is Ronnette, it is just that DKL/Joanna Ray like Pheobe enough to find a place for her to play another character.

There's no mistake in my mind that she's listed as "American" girl when spending time is this lodge room with or near the injured Asian woman.
I had thought the young girl was unlikely to be any other character we'd seen or would see, but this makes sense to me.

Now to dwell for days upon the connections between the American Girl, outlet 3, and "Trinity."
I've already gone places. I just want to stay where I am.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

ronamer.JPG
ronamer.JPG (17.71 KiB) Viewed 8895 times
Nikki Grace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Nikki Grace »

Just too hard to tell when it comes to intended likenesses between young/old actors in my opinion.
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

pixletwin wrote:About the flash forward theory... forgive me if it's already been brought up but the man from the insurance agency who wants to speak to Sheriff Truman in episode one only makes sense if it's a flash forward... or it was just a device to let us know there are two sherif Trumans...

*shrugs*
I have no idea why the appearance of the insurance agent implies any sort of flash forward. There's nothing mysterious going on in that scene. Lucy tells him there are two Sheriff Trumans, which there are!
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Nikki Grace wrote:Just too hard to tell when it comes to intended likenesses between young/old actors in my opinion.
Yeah, I don't disagree. I'm more intrigued by the name "American" girl.

And clearly, this young girl is not intended to be any character played by Laura Dern or Sheryl Lee. So, yeah, hard to tell, but clearly at least in a grouping that could cover various characters.

And yeah, the frog-girl may just be someone completely new. Fun to speculate, though.
NewShoes

Post by NewShoes »

h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

Welcome to Twin Peaks (possibly with Reddit's help) just speculated that ???????'s job title is
Spoiler:
The Fireman
based on the TP:TR soundtrack releases thus far.

Spoiler for Link:
DamnFineCreamedCorn
Roadhouse Member

Post by DamnFineCreamedCorn »

The revelation that the nuclear bomb is foundational to the story certainly layers meaning upon Dougie's home being Las Vegas.

"- the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce issued a press release about their latest attraction — the nuclear testing site, even describing their town as 'The Atomic City' .... Over the next 12 years, there was a detonation every three weeks, each one a source of immense pride, patriotism, and dollars for the city of Las Vegas.... The Chamber of Commerce published a calendar of the bomb schedule, including the best places to see the clouds."

http://www.upworthy.com/9-strange-but-t ... lear-bombs
I've already gone places. I just want to stay where I am.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

h2nho wrote:Welcome to Twin Peaks (possibly with Reddit's help) just speculated that ???????'s job title is
Spoiler:
The Fireman
based on the TP:TR soundtrack releases thus far.

Spoiler for Link:
That's amazing! He's fighting
Spoiler:
the fire (evil) with Laura (?)
Again, I want to know if this is the same Giant from the original series.
Spoiler:
The Fireman
is certainly more of a name than The Giant, which to me was always a physical description because we didn't know his "real" name. I really hope they clarify if they are in one in the same but I'm afraid they won't.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

pixletwin wrote:About the flash forward theory... forgive me if it's already been brought up but the man from the insurance agency who wants to speak to Sheriff Truman in episode one only makes sense if it's a flash forward... or it was just a device to let us know there are two sherif Trumans...

*shrugs*
Lucy has his business card, yet we never hear what his name was or what company he works for. Lucky 7?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Fireman.. Oh I like that!

I think it's safe to say he and the Giant are one and the same. After all, the giant helped Coop fight fire (BOB) before. Of course, it all backfired ( ;) ) and Coop is now a victim of fire, but the Giant did try to warn him for that.

About that iTunes soundtrack listing: so we've got 8 more tracks coming up, probably not all Badalamentis.
For the love of all that I hold dear, let Moving Through Time recur in S3
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
pixletwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by pixletwin »

boske wrote:

*shrugs*
Lucy has his business card, yet we never hear what his name was or what company he works for. Lucky 7?
That's what I'm wondering.
bastia
Roadhouse Member

Post by bastia »

Fireman! I have just seen it !
Anyway, do you have any how coop story will progress? Reading the titles i would say he will go in a place with fire ;)to look for Laura ;)
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

agreed about The Giant from original series and ??????? being the same character and serving the same purpose in both shows.

cool to see the soundtrack listing, I knew it was Grady Tate who came back for some more Twin Peaks grooves. Heavy shit!