Bookhouse Member

Re: Part 5 (SPOILERS)

Post by Jasper »

Things that are missing:

• Cooper’s room key
• Cooper himself
• Annie
• Laura’s writing about the good Dale being trapped in the lodge

Margaret says that it’s related to Cooper, so it’s unlikely that Cooper himself is this particular missing thing. Everybody already knows that Cooper went missing.

As for the hotel key, hotel keys get lost all the time, and besides, that key is already on its way back via the U.S. Postal Service, so Hawk really doesn’t need find it.

My guess is that it’s Laura’s writing in the missing diary page (or wherever she wrote it). This is a missing thing that would have a major impact on the narrative. It would let them know that evil Cooper isn’t really Cooper, and why he isn’t really Cooper. What’s more, if it didn’t turn up, it would really waste a fascinating part of the narrative of FWWM. It’s something that ties together Laura, Cooper, and Annie. Most importantly, it was Hawk who told the legend of his people relating to the lodges and the shadow self. Hawk is the one who would best understand Laura’s message, and therefor what’s going on with Coop.

Whatever Laura wrote could include a description of Annie (Annie tells Laura her name in FWWM), so it could lead to both the knowledge that evil Cooper isn’t really Cooper, and the recollection of the existence of Annie (if she’s truly been forgotten).
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

As an addendum to my previous post, I'd add that Cooper lost his FBI pin and presumably his badge when he went through the electrical portal. This may symbolize his identity being lost in the transfer. Part of being "tricked" might have been those parts of Cooper's identity getting taken to the lodge with Dougie. The golden sphere that's left over from Dougie could be most of Cooper's identity, perhaps in the form of his pin and badge (both gold). Gerard (as they're calling him in the credits) holds up this golden sphere when he talls Cooper that he's been tricked.
opium
Roadhouse Member

Post by opium »

Jasper wrote:
opium wrote:The only scene that I didn't enjoy was the one with Frank's wife. I don't see myself coming around to this one like I did with Cera's. There was no redeeming factor here and hopefully we never see Doris ever again.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmen!

BB.jpg
This tickled the shit from Shinola out of me
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Weird, Sheryl Lee was credited and didn't have a scene while Caleb Landry Jones and Jane Levy weren't.

Also, does anyone know the name of the girls in pink with Amy Shiels? (the actresses).
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Actually, we don't really know if room 315 key is missing. Did the the doppelganger Cooper come out with his own copy of the key? We only really know that his clothes were duplicated. Was his wallet copied?

We never saw how Cooper got back in hotel room at the end of episode 29. Did Truman just get the key out of his pocket and then open the room? Or did they have to have the Great Northern open the room because they couldn't find the key?

So the GN could end up with 2 copies of the room 315. They might keep records on whenever keys are lost and need replacing.
Last edited by Esselgee on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Weird, Sheryl Lee was credited and didn't have a scene while Caleb Landry Jones and Jane Levy weren't.
I'm pretty sure they were both credited. I saw Jane Levy's character was named Elizabeth.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

There are two other possibilities for Richard's parentage - he could also be Johnny's son, but more interesting is the possibility he was adopted: Cooper and Annie's son.

This is just fun fan speculation - nothing to back up this idea - but if Annie entered the lodge pregnant, it's possible one of the lodge spirits inhabited her unborn child. Upon realizing she had given birth to Rosemary's baby, the child is given up for adoption. Perhaps Audrey adopts him upon finding out it's Cooper's son because she can't have children of her own due to injuries she sustained from the bomb blast at the bank.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Weird, Sheryl Lee was credited and didn't have a scene while Caleb Landry Jones and Jane Levy weren't.

Also, does anyone know the name of the girls in pink with Amy Shiels? (the actresses).
Sheryl Lee was probably credited because we see her picture in the Sheriff's Department conference room.

CLJ and Jane Levy were both credited as Steven Burnett and Elizabeth.

The girls in pink are Sandie (Giselle Damier), Mandie (Andrea Leal) and Candie (Amy Shiels).
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Anyone have any complaints about the Hawk and Andy scene? It was short, so it was not too bad in that regard, but it rubbed me the wrong way as a scene that would normally appear on a deleted scenes portion of a DVD.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

Did anyone else take the body language of the policemen in twin peaks as an indicator of them being either dirty cops or good cops? The cop that we now know is dirty is walking with his thumbs "in" his belt. So does Bobby, and the cop who announces the arrival of Wally. However, Andy, Hawk and Frank does not.
ozziejohn
Roadhouse Member

Post by ozziejohn »

thefifthlizard wrote:No one seems to have mentioned the brief but sinister music which plays after the 119 woman wakes up at the end of the car bomb scene
Yeah, that was really striking - just those few notes made me sit up!
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

mtwentz wrote:Anyone have any complaints about the Hawk and Andy scene? It was short, so it was not too bad in that regard, but it rubbed me the wrong way as a scene that would normally appear on a deleted scenes portion of a DVD.
Yeah, it was pretty random. I chuckled a bit when I watched it, I'll admit it, but it was really random.
oldforce
Roadhouse Member

Post by oldforce »

Panapaok wrote:
mtwentz wrote:Anyone have any complaints about the Hawk and Andy scene? It was short, so it was not too bad in that regard, but it rubbed me the wrong way as a scene that would normally appear on a deleted scenes portion of a DVD.
Yeah, it was pretty random. I chuckled a bit when I watched it, I'll admit it, but it was really random.
I think it's important to show that Hawk doesn't think the Log's message about his heritage is necessarily related to his ethnicity.
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Panapaok wrote:

Sheryl Lee was probably credited because we see her picture in the Sheriff's Department conference room.

The girls in pink are Sandie (Giselle Damier), Mandie (Andrea Leal) and Candie (Amy Shiels).
Is that the extent of Amy Shiels role? Seems like she got a lot of press if that was it. I mean she didn't even have any lines.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 5 (SPOILERS)

Post by Panapaok »

musicaddict wrote:
Panapaok wrote:

Is that the extent of Amy Shiels role? Seems like she got a lot of press if that was it. I mean she didn't even have any lines.
I think we'll see more of her.