Dated Product Placement in TPTR

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Re: Dated Product Placement in TPTR

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

LateReg wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:23 pm IT'S THE MOST POPULAR OF ALL COLAS AROUND THE GLOBE AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE I'M DRINKING IT RIGHT NOW!

(This is a joke. I'm not drinking it right now. I'm not allowed to have much of it because then I start typing in all-caps. But yes I'm in the US and it's always been available in just about every restaurant and every grocery store since I can remember.)
What the hell LateReg, I thought you were an Englishman...! No idea why exactly, but, it was a firmly held conviction.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Strawberry wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:26 pm
LateReg wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:23 pm IT'S THE MOST POPULAR OF ALL COLAS AROUND THE GLOBE AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE I'M DRINKING IT RIGHT NOW!

(This is a joke. I'm not drinking it right now. I'm not allowed to have much of it because then I start typing in all-caps. But yes I'm in the US and it's always been available in just about every restaurant and every grocery store since I can remember.)
What the hell LateReg, I thought you were an Englishman...! No idea why exactly, but, it was a firmly held conviction.
Those of us who live in the USA seem to be a distinct minority. Which just goes to show how TP is more popular abroad then in its home country!

Actually, we used to have a few members from the Snoqualmie area on this board, but most are no longer active. I think The Return is more in line with European art cinema than with American television.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mr. Strawberry wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:26 pm

I was certain LateReg was Johanna Ray.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

I still drink cherry coke

Also Skype looks to be being finally phased out in favour of Teams next year. (Annoying as I pay for a Skype phone number and use it on Linux which I don’t have with Teams, never installed it)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jonah wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:10 pmWould like to hear from other people in the UK and Europe - was it briefly popular then discontinued and unavailable or limited availability in your country for years too?)
It is available in Poland for years now. Last two or three years only no-sugar version, sadly.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

Wales here, you could get Cherry Coke sporadically since the 90s but widely in the last five or so years, which is great because I mainline the diet one