An Ever-Growing Collection of Quotes Pertaining to the Possibility of a Season 4

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: An Ever-Growing Collection of Quotes Pertaining to the Possibility of a Season 4

Post by krishnanspace »

Check out @Kyle_MacLachlan’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/sta ... 73216?s=09
It's either what we think it is or he's going back and changing the timeline :)
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Re: An Ever-Growing Collection of Quotes Pertaining to the Possibility of a Season 4

Post by Hester Prynne »

I'm not sure how to interpret his tweet . . . :?:
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I'd say that there are two ways we could take it:

1. Someday we'll live in a world were something like an actor in a weird auteur show winning an Emmy can happen.

2. I have a feeling that there will be another opportunity for me (Kyle) to be nominated, because I have a feeling that there will be more Twin Peaks.

Maybe Kyle knows something and maybe he doesn't. Maybe he was just in an optimistic mood. Either way, it's a positive tweet, so I'll take it.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

It takes a real reach to not think that suggests a possible S4, IMO.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:It takes a real reach to not think that suggests a possible S4, IMO.
Or maybe deleted and extended scenes from The Return would be released?
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Jasper wrote:I'd say that there are two ways we could take it:

1. Someday we'll live in a world were something like an actor in a weird auteur show winning an Emmy can happen.
Yes, that's what he meant, I feel.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

IcedOver wrote:

Yes but if he meant it that general why the #twinpeaks
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

eyeboogers wrote:
IcedOver wrote:

Yep, that #twinpeaks is the thing that actually makes me do a double take.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

eyeboogers wrote:
I've never made a "tweet", but don't people "hashtag" stuff so it can be found by people searching for that topic?
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

IcedOver wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
I've never made a "tweet", but don't people "hashtag" stuff so it can be found by people searching for that topic?
Exactly, so Kyle made it be explicitly about "Twin Peaks" and not someday, some daring show might...

Realise I/many of us are grasping at straws, just saying that at this point THERE ARE A LOT OF STRAWS!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Thanks to OneandtheSame for bringing Ray’s comments to our attention, and to vicksvapor77 for recording and posting the below footage.

Ray Wise
Monster-Mania Con 41
September 29, 2018
"I know that there’s some thought about a fourth season, and I know that the parties responsible are thinking on that, and so I think it’s always a possibility."

The statement occurs at 18:10 in this video:
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Here's Mädchen Amick saying: "Hell yeah" for you Jasper

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/twin- ... 202011902/
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Soolsma wrote:Here's Mädchen Amick saying: "Hell yeah" for you Jasper

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/twin- ... 202011902/
Good one. I'll edit it in with the other actor quotes. Thanks!
IndieWire
Oct 14, 2018

Mädchen Amick can’t say if the series itself will return, but she does know what she’d say if she were asked to participate in a new season: “Oh hell yeah. It’s always a yes to David no matter what,” the actress tells PeopleTV. "You may not understand it, but you always say yes.”
Read More:‘Twin Peaks VR’ Will Bring Fans of David Lynch’s Iconic Series Inside the Red Room, Hopefully Not Forever

“Everybody is really really hoping for it,” adds the actress, who currently stars on “Riverdale.” “As far as I know, both Showtime and David have said never say never. So I think the door’s open.”
By the way, krishnanspace made the below post on October 14, and I’m wondering if anyone out there has any video (or just audio) of George Griffith's response, or has seen it in print anywhere:
krishnanspace wrote:So I was checking out Instagram stories and while scrolling through the stories, I came across the official Twin Peaks account. So since Festival of Disruption is going on, George Griffith has taken over Twin Peaks's Instagram account. George had a live video stream going on and one of the viewers asked him "Is there going to be a Season 4??????" to which he replied by taking a pause , looking away from the camera , thinking what to say and he finally says , "I can't talk about it right now".
The video is still available on the Twin Peaks Instagram story but I suspect it won't be available for much longer
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I updated the main collection of quotes with this bit from an article published ten days ago and posted by Soolsma in another thread:

The Daily Beast
Oct 3, 2019
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kyle-macl ... aton-laugh

I do dutifully ask him the lame Twin Peaks questions. Will there be another season? “I don’t think very likely, but never say never.” Would he want to do one another? “Yes, immediately. I would.”
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Cool! Didn't know about this thread. Going to look through it for the most positive quotes. Perhaps we can paste them over in the main Season 4 thread we're all discussing in at the moment? The George Griffith one above looks promising anyway.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.