The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: The deceased dugpa spoiler thread's partial mirror

Post by Panapaok »

dreamshake wrote:did we see any scene between red and shelly where he isn't wearing his jacket? those set pics may be from a deleted scene.
I'm pretty sure that these were just rehearsals before the night shoot.
Attachments
gOWIopq.jpg
gOWIopq.jpg (125.83 KiB) Viewed 17433 times
joHnBW1.jpg
joHnBW1.jpg (95.43 KiB) Viewed 17433 times
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

In the end, what was the Double R Window/Train Car VFX blueprint about?
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

It's interesting to think about Audrey originally being slated to have scenes with the other Hornes, before contract negotiations allegedly hit a speed bump. I wonder how much of the Beverly Paige character is a write around for this? Beverly's job at the Great Northern is essentially what Audrey's was near the end of Season 2. And Beverly argues with a bald husband who is reluctant/unable to leave the house, mirroring Audrey and Charlie's dynamic.
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

BGate wrote:Where's the PDF?
Linked it in the first entry.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

whoa, reading through this it's INSANE how much you managed to find out about the series beforehand.. it seems quite a bit of the impact of certain scenes, as well as some plot points (Miriam being found nearly beaten to death after seeing Richard Horne at the hit and run, etc.), ran a risk of being diluted. i thank my lucky star that when i returned to really active Twin Peaks duty with the release of TSHoTP in December the thread was soon locked and deleted.
hotcarl333

Post by hotcarl333 »

Might be being stupid here but there's a bit on page 110 under the blurred out Deadline comment part - says "all this turned out to be true" - what turned out true?
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

hotcarl333 wrote:Might be being stupid here but there's a bit on page 110 under the blurred out Deadline comment part - says "all this turned out to be true" - what turned out true?
I think he said Bowie didn't get to film anything, which was later confirmed by Harry Goaz. Maybe more, but I forgot.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Really glad I didn't see any of this before the show aired.

Since I joined, this site really did a good job of keeping the mystery alive, and should be warmly toasted for that.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Novalis wrote:Really glad I didn't see any of this before the show aired.

Since I joined, this site really did a good job of keeping the mystery alive, and should be warmly toasted for that.
It was awesome! Oh boy, that anticipation! For about 2 years long the tiniest tidbits started dripping in every now and then, making everyone lose their minds. Towards the end most people still knew next to nothing about the plot.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Soolsma wrote:

It was awesome! Oh boy, that anticipation! For about 2 years long the tiniest tidbits started dripping in every now and then, making everyone lose their minds. Towards the end most people still knew next to nothing about the plot.
The one thing I wish I had not known was who would answer the door when Cooper and Carrie knocked on it. I was not surprised when it was not Sarah. But in the end, not a real big deal.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Didn't someone on the board claimed to have witnessed filming of a trial with Denise as a witness? Or something along those lines.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

mtwentz wrote:
Soolsma wrote:

The one thing I wish I had not known was who would answer the door when Cooper and Carrie knocked on it. I was not surprised when it was not Sarah. But in the end, not a real big deal.
Fortunately I missed that. I did know about the Carrie shenanigans though.

Up until a few episodes in, I believed part of this rumor (one of the earliest, even ahead of the announcement) would turn out to be true. Specifically the young reporter bit. I imagined her played by Shiels or Seyfried:
(now this is weird English here and there, look badly translated. I saw another version of this rumor, but couldn't find it back)
The rumor comes from an anonymous source that States have been present at a meeting between the directors of American NBC television with David Lynch, that raised the return of series. The premises of this return would be (EYE, SPOILERS!):

the third season would begin having spent the same time in the series in real life, What would be almost 25 years.
Lynch wants to have control of the project and NBC executives are open to this, but with reservations, since they do not want the series to be something extremely unusual. Similarly concerned to be responsible Lynch series solo (the original series did it with Mark Frost).
The story would revolve environment Cooper, who is locked up in the lodge, and a young reporter who is willing to know the whole truth about Twin Peaks, BOB and the lodge.
Since the end of the season 2, the bad Cooper has been in prison in another State for the murder of two people in Twin Peaks. He doesn't know who they are, seems he went berserk. Everyone continues to believe that it is the real Cooper.
Lynch wants to start the series recreating the first scene of the red room of the first season. It would take place today and would be a track that Cooper is trapped in the red room.
Major Briggs wrote:Didn't someone on the board claimed to have witnessed filming of a trial with Denise as a witness? Or something along those lines.
I thought an attorney. But yes, something like that. I was quite surprised Denise got only one scene. If there were more and they got cut, it'd be a shame. I definitely wouldn't have minded some other scene to land on the cutting room floor to make space for more Denise.
Last edited by Soolsma on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

Major Briggs wrote:Didn't someone on the board claimed to have witnessed filming of a trial with Denise as a witness? Or something along those lines.
Yeah I remember that rumor. Not sure if it's in there. Probably speculation from knowing Bad Cooper went to jail.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

We should ask Sabrina about whether there are deleted scenes.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

To be honest, I always suspected someone just mistook Denise's rather grand office for a courtroom (or maybe it was filmed at a courthouse). I know I thought the rumor was true and that was a courtroom when I first saw the still of her.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.