Episode 5

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Re: Episode 5

Post by Henrys Hair »

Another good 'un! Josie's appearance/disappearance/reappearance in Ben's office has always bothered me - particularly as all they had to do was ditch the first cutaway to her. As Jonah says upthread, James & Donna by the gazebo has quite a season 2 feel - shame we never got to see the scene with James' mum.

The ad copy Cooper reads out from Fleshworld doesn't matched what's actually written by Laura's photo.

There's been a lot of talk about One Eyed Jacks in the last few episodes - so much so it's easy to forget we haven't seen OEJ (and Blackie) since episode 2.

Is this Betty Briggs' biggest scene this season? Betty's always great & I wish we saw more of her. There's a feeling at this point that the writers aren't really sure what to do with Doc Hayward - he's the only member of the main cast who doesn't really have his own story at this point and seems to get shoved into random scenes in a making-up-numbers fashion.

The Icelander standing next to Ben when Catherine pours her drink over his shoe looks like a cross between Howard Jones and Green Gartside from Scritti Politti.

The cracked mug that was on its side the last time Audrey spied on Ben's office has gone.

The whole scene with Leland dancing while Audrey cries is excellent - I'm not sure any other show has really captured this sort of existentialist slapstick so well. It's the sort of thing that shouldn't really work but works really well.