Olympics Anyone?

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Annie
Global Moderator

Olympics Anyone?

Post by Annie »

Just thought I'd ask if anybody was watching the Olympics. We have such an international crowd here. Are you able to see most of it? In the US, we are.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: Olympics Anyone?

Post by Stavrogyn »

I'm not really into sports much besides soccer (or football, as we call it in Europe), so I don't really follow the Olympics. I also generally don't read news, so I was very much surprised when I learned a few days ago that my country is actually doing pretty well, and that we did especially well in tennis, men's doubles, in which we won both gold and silver medal, so that's nice! :D

Did anyone you're maybe rooting for win something?
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I've never seriously watched the Olympics, but this thread actually inspired me to check it out. It's been nice to have on as dinner background. :) I find that I jump around from event to event not out of interest in the event, but in terms of how much I like the commentators or not. Some of what they have to say is real interesting, and they'll mention memoirs and myths and folk wisdom. It really is a whole culture I had no clue about.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

I watched a lot of it, as always! But it's a bit late now for the topic... ;-)
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB