Star Trek: Picard

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: Star Trek: Picard

Post by Stavrogyn »

Hester Prynne wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:14 pm Yes - I think Number One saved the season from going completely off the rails - at least at this point. Much better episode. Wish they’d let him direct the whole season! My only complaint was that I felt they packed too much in this episode — wish they had more of a build-up and let it simmer a little bit. They could have easily done that by eliminating the unnecessary stuff in Ep. 3 and 4.
He should just direct everything, I agree :) First Contact is my favourite TNG film, and he directed episodes of multiple Star Trek series, so I think he's already proven himself many times.

As for packing too much stuff into a single episode, it's true. I was actually confused when the actor we mentioned earlier reappeared, I wasn't sure who was he playing this time around. I guess a great great great ancestor of one or two of the other characters he previously played. I'm watching new episodes when they come out on Thursday, and I always rewatch the previous episode before the new one, so tomorrow I'll have an opportunity to clear things up a little bit to myself.

I read some exciting news today, but I'm warning you that they're about major spoilers for season 3, so don't open the link if you want to be surprised:
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)