Inland Empire coming to Criterion

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

konoyaro

Inland Empire coming to Criterion

Post by konoyaro »

Recent postings online indicate Criterion is likely to be releasing Inland Empire on blu-ray before long.

https://www.janusfilms.com/films/2039
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Re: Inland Empire coming to Criterion

Post by AXX°N N. »

Would be curious to know how they'll present it. I'd love for more exposure to IE, and the write-up indicates they get it from a filmic perspective. But the DVD Lynch self-distributed is basically already an ideal, optimal Criterion edition. The only thing I could think of would be maybe including Dynamic 1, stuff that was on the Lime Green set, and the short that was on that Avid promotional disc, or even unreleased website shorts, in order to present it alongside its origins as the culmination of his web experiments. Basically, I wonder if they'll just present it as a movie, or present it as a showcase of that period of his creative output. Would be amazing to have all the Lynch web stuff on one place, but I don't want to set my expectations unreasonably high. :)
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

I believe a while back Dern gave an interview where IE came up and she talked about the full extended monologue/take Lynch shot with her and said "I think they're releasing the whole thing on like Criterion or something" so I think we'll at least get that full take as an extra.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Ickles wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:10 am I believe a while back Dern gave an interview where IE came up and she talked about the full extended monologue/take Lynch shot with her and said "I think they're releasing the whole thing on like Criterion or something" so I think we'll at least get that full take as an extra.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I hadn't even considered we'd get something never seen before! :D
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Here's a link to the interview snippet where she mentions it: https://youtu.be/iJqjbtXGgiU?t=1695
gladhand

Post by gladhand »

Does anyone know anything about a possible UK release? It's frustrating how different the Criterion collection is between the US and UK. The UK doesn't have the criterion channel either.