RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: Music From The New Series

Post by claaa7 »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
dunkrag wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Somebody messed-up big time, they put the WRONG RECORDING ENTIRELY on the disc. It's the one by Herbert Kegel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qj6nFMaM0M[/youtube]

Looks like we need to start sending some emails.
I suspect it's a rights thing and maybe they couldn't get the version they licensed for the show..
If it's a rights issue they credited the correct rendition and gave us a different one. I'm thinking it was less heinous than that and a genuine muck-up. Last I checked a lot of these Penderecki recordings are in the public domain or super cheap. Movies have been using them for years.
that's what i'm thinking, really doubt it was a rights issue.. well at least the composition is there and i really like the interpretation but it sure takes away a bit from the soundtrack.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

has anyone ordered from Italians Do It Better (at bigcartel.com)?

i can't find Johnny Jewel's "Windswept" CD in any of my usual stores here in Sweden and i would love to have that album, both to complete my Twin Peaks music collection but also just as an album on its own. if anyone got some recommendations on where to go with Jewel / Chromatics from there please let me know!
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

claaa7 wrote:has anyone ordered from Italians Do It Better (at bigcartel.com)?

i can't find Johnny Jewel's "Windswept" CD in any of my usual stores here in Sweden and i would love to have that album, both to complete my Twin Peaks music collection but also just as an album on its own. if anyone got some recommendations on where to go with Jewel / Chromatics from there please let me know!
I can't speak for foreign shipping, but I ordered the Windswept vinyl on Friday and I've already got shipping confirmation and a tracking number. So, if they ship internationally, I'd say their bigcartel shop is the way to go.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I'm a bit confused on the Threnody mix up. Is the correct version actually credited? Meaning the Witold Rowicki version is what was used on the show, but that is not the version heard on the CD? Even though it says its that version? Do I have that correct?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Ross wrote:I'm a bit confused on the Threnody mix up. Is the correct version actually credited? Meaning the Witold Rowicki version is what was used on the show, but that is not the version heard on the CD? Even though it says its that version? Do I have that correct?
The correct version from the show is credited, but the wrong version was used. I can't speak for the CD but the US vinyl is definitely like this.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Ross wrote:I'm a bit confused on the Threnody mix up. Is the correct version actually credited? Meaning the Witold Rowicki version is what was used on the show, but that is not the version heard on the CD? Even though it says its that version? Do I have that correct?
The correct version from the show is credited, but the wrong version was used. I can't speak for the CD but the US vinyl is definitely like this.
Ahhh. OK. So the show used the "Witold Rowicki" version. And the CD SAYS its the "Witold Rowicki" version, but isn't.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Ross wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Ahhh. OK. So the show used the "Witold Rowicki" version. And the CD SAYS its the "Witold Rowicki" version, but isn't.
Well, looks like both the vinyl and CD were affected! I shot Rhino an email over the weekend. Waiting to see if they'll have anything to say about it.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Received my Barnes & Noble exclusive vinyl w/ signed Badalamenti print. I get so nervous when vinyl is shipped in the post but these were mint. Gonna wait for the right time to open and file away the print.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Italians Do It Better just said that the U.S. red vinyl pressings are defective. Anyone have one and play it all the way through? I notice my green vinyl from Bull Moose is packaged and ready to ship but not the red wax. I wonder if they are waiting on a second press?

My Euro colored wax editions are in transit from Transmission.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Ross wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Well, looks like both the vinyl and CD were affected! I shot Rhino an email over the weekend. Waiting to see if they'll have anything to say about it.
yes CD is the same.. damn!

i shot Rhino an e-mail as well. i'm thinking it's a good thing anybody who is bothered by this contact them so that hopefully they will fix this on later pressings.
DSchoonover

Post by DSchoonover »

Jerry Horne wrote:Italians Do It Better just said that the U.S. red vinyl pressings are defective. Anyone have one and play it all the way through? I notice my green vinyl from Bull Moose is packaged and ready to ship but not the red wax. I wonder if they are waiting on a second press?

I ended up getting both the US colored releases and the black also. My red ‘Music from...’ sounded okay to me. I’m quite picky too... Will have to give it another close listen.

I got my cherry red ‘Windswept’ in the mail today. Sounds fantastic. They always throw in such amazing freebies too!
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Jerry Horne wrote:Italians Do It Better just said that the U.S. red vinyl pressings are defective. Anyone have one and play it all the way through? I notice my green vinyl from Bull Moose is packaged and ready to ship but not the red wax. I wonder if they are waiting on a second press?

Did they elaborate on what the defect is?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:

Did they elaborate on what the defect is?
Nope.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 6.05.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 6.05.54 PM.png (361.39 KiB) Viewed 21477 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Green vinyl arrived from Bull Moose. They threw in a numbered print which is nice.