Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

tausendsassa
Roadhouse Member

Julee Cruise - Floating Into the Night vinyl reissue

Post by tausendsassa »

I just stumbled across this:
http://www.amazon.de/Floating-Into-Nigh ... +the+night

An upcoming vinyl reissue of Julee Cruise's Floating Into the Night, scheduled for an Oct 21 release date. I won't be buying this blindly, though, seeing which label is doing the reissue.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Re: Julee Cruise - Floating Into the Night vinyl reissue

Post by hopesfall »

Interesting! I, too, will be waiting to see who re-issued this. I only have Rockin' Back Inside My Heart on vinyl, so to have the LP would be great. :D
tausendsassa
Roadhouse Member

Post by tausendsassa »

Plain Recordings are doing the reissue. Some people in audiophile forums claim their sourcing is dubious, and that they were doing vinyl reissues sourced from standard (redbook) CDs.
jferrell77

Post by jferrell77 »

Just finished listening to it on vinyl myself, and, it sounds pretty damn good if you ask me. Nice depths and clean highs with a minimal of clicks and hisses and the like. My only complaint per se is that this is a 180 gram vinyl pressing, and they paired it with a regular weight paper lyric inner sleeve. The outer sleeve is a bit thicker, and that's nice, but once you open it up you'll probably find all kinds of split seams to the inner. By the by, this is through a company called Plain Recordings with a catalog number of plain192 and a UPC of 6 46315 51921 1. Look closely at the fine print, however, and you'll see it was in fact manufactured by Rhino Entertainment Company, which is itself a Warner Music Group company, with this Plain Recordings outfit listed as doing the "marketing" only.

Here is my big question? DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THE BONUS TRACK?!?!?!?

After "Mysteries of Love", the closing song of side one there's a whole other track there. Not tagged at the end of "Mysteries" or anything, there's a proper silence and changeover to another, unnamed track. It's a bit of industrial noise and music combined, go figure, and a girl's voice, presumably Cruise's sings plaintively in the distance. There's no mention of it in the liner notes, and nothing like it I can recall off hand on the original CD I have. So does anyone know anything about this? What is it and was it on the original pressing?
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

I don't know if she says " I won't Love you" or "I don't Love you", i hear "I don't..." :

http://youtu.be/dSm5Q66OIyM
A french little guy named : Dam.
The Dream Man
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Dream Man »

kafard wrote:I don't know if she says " I won't Love you" or "I don't Love you", i hear "I don't..." :

http://youtu.be/dSm5Q66OIyM
I hear "will/would." Hmm...
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

The Dream Man wrote:

Now that you say it, I hear "i will..." and "won't..." Hm..…
A french little guy named : Dam.
The Dream Man
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Dream Man »

kafard wrote:
The Dream Man wrote:

Now that you say it, I hear "i will..." and "won't..." Hm..…
Just my opinion, but I think that the overall feel of the album, as well as the lyrics, lend to the idea more about loving someone rather than not loving someone.
jferrell77

Post by jferrell77 »

Lyrically I only just recently noticed how similar "Falling" is to "The World Spins", mentioning the everyday things of a dog's barking or clouds passing through the sky, but how with or without love those simple things can be so changed experientially.

Still, I wanted to ask again if anyone had a copy of the original vinyl issue to see if this track existed prior to the re-release. Cause it just seems like such a curious freakin' thing to add on to a re-print. Totally in keeping with Lynch, of course, but, still, curious.
tausendsassa
Roadhouse Member

Post by tausendsassa »

Guess what? The recent reissue on Music on Vinyl does not have the secret/bonus track mentioned above. Clues anyone?
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

"I was lost" ?