TP Season 1 & FWWM soundtracks set for new vinyl reissues

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Re: TP Season 1 & FWWM soundtracks set for new vinyl reissues

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

MT, how's it sound? Do you have the DW to compare it to? I'm skeptical about this one because they crammed it all on one disc. DW's best decision was spreading it over 4 sides and sounds phenomenal. I'm askin cuz if it sounds virtually the same despite liking DW's packaging I'd rather have the original artwork and sell mine.
MT Wentz

Post by MT Wentz »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:MT, how's it sound? Do you have the DW to compare it to? I'm skeptical about this one because they crammed it all on one disc. DW's best decision was spreading it over 4 sides and sounds phenomenal. I'm askin cuz if it sounds virtually the same despite liking DW's packaging I'd rather have the original artwork and sell mine.
I've only seen a few videos on Youtube of the DW pressing, not in person and while the clicking/popping was evident in the videos it wasn't quite as bad as some people had said theirs had been online. Honestly though this new version is perfect. No sound issues whatsoever - I was concerned because of the amount on each side, but honestly there's no deterioration whatsoever and it's a really clear and consistent sound through the whole record.
SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

Post by SpookySculder »

Is anyone else waiting for their vinyl shipment from Amazon? I pre-ordered. I'm assuming the titles were released on the specified date and they're just out of stock. Just wondering if there is any word on a ship date?
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

SpookySculder wrote:Is anyone else waiting for their vinyl shipment from Amazon? I pre-ordered. I'm assuming the titles were released on the specified date and they're just out of stock. Just wondering if there is any word on a ship date?
I ordered mine from amazon.co.uk several weeks ago and they have already arrived.
SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

Post by SpookySculder »

Thanks. At least I know they were released. Guess I have to patient. If Amazon is out of stock, I guess that's a good thing :)
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

how does the sound quality of these new reissues compare to the original Warner Brothers releases?

i just received the 2017 European reissue from WB/Rhino that has all the original artwork and the "In a town like Twin Peaks no one is innocent" slipcase. it looks beautiful and is to me more asthetically pleasing than the Death Waltz considering i like to have records in its original artwork. i don't have a good LP player right now so i haven't been able to test play it yet, so interested in comments (comparisions between the Rhino reissue and the Death Waltz + the Rhino reissue with the 1992 WB album)

i'm also thinking about purchasing the new WB/Rhino reissue of the series season 1 Soundtrack.. is this a good reissue?
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

claaa7 wrote:how does the sound quality of these new reissues compare to the original Warner Brothers releases?

i just received the 2017 European reissue from WB/Rhino that has all the original artwork and the "In a town like Twin Peaks no one is innocent" slipcase. it looks beautiful and is to me more asthetically pleasing than the Death Waltz considering i like to have records in its original artwork. i don't have a good LP player right now so i haven't been able to test play it yet, so interested in comments (comparisions between the Rhino reissue and the Death Waltz + the Rhino reissue with the 1992 WB album)

i'm also thinking about purchasing the new WB/Rhino reissue of the series season 1 Soundtrack.. is this a good reissue?
I haven't heard the originals, but you'd best grab the new WB/Rhino ones. They're pressed by one of the best plants around. Death Waltz's are nicely mastered and sound great with a caveat; they had one of the worst plants around press them, and so there's a number out there with issues. It's a gamble buying one. I have both the series and FWWM's on DW. I got lucky with the series soundtrack, but my FWWM has some noise here & there. Not so bad considering the popcorn copies and even warped ones out there.

Basically if you want great sound and faithful packaging, the WB/Rhino releases are the ones to get.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
claaa7 wrote:how does the sound quality of these new reissues compare to the original Warner Brothers releases?

I haven't heard the originals, but you'd best grab the new WB/Rhino ones. They're pressed by one of the best plants around. Death Waltz's are nicely mastered and sound great with a caveat; they had one of the worst plants around press them, and so there's a number out there with issues. It's a gamble buying one. I have both the series and FWWM's on DW. I got lucky with the series soundtrack, but my FWWM has some noise here & there. Not so bad considering the popcorn copies and even warped ones out there.

Basically if you want great sound and faithful packaging, the WB/Rhino releases are the ones to get.
Thanks for your answer, i picked up the WB reissue of FWWM and am very pleased. Im very big on original artwork when it comes to my record collection so i will defo pick up Season 1 on WB reissue as you suggest

FWWM is a masterpiece of an album to me which is pretty incredible considering how well it works as a score to visuals. Im real happy to finally have a full mastered version of DEER MEADOW SHUFFLE. Curious about David Slusser claiming to have composed it which isnt reflected on the new OST.