Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

There must be something I'm missing with this one! For me, it's just... there. But glad everybody else is tickled pink with it!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:There must be something I'm missing with this one! For me, it's just... there. But glad everybody else is tickled pink with it!
For me its pretty essential. Its just such an integral part of Lynch's finale, and gives that episode a feel and mood completely of its own. It plays a large part in what makes that last episode so special.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:There must be something I'm missing with this one! For me, it's just... there. But glad everybody else is tickled pink with it!
The 'Mood"... that's what it is to me.

By the way, I just discovered beautiful piano version of 'Twin Peaks Theme' and "Laura Palmer's Theme' played by some Albert-looks-like guy. Some parts sounds just like original versions.

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Ross wrote:
For me its pretty essential. Its just such an integral part of Lynch's finale, and gives that episode a feel and mood completely of its own. It plays a large part in what makes that last episode so special.
I agree - not only is it really the defining theme of the series finale, but it's also the theme for the Log Lady intros that Lynch made for Bravo, which is how I first saw the show (I didn't realize until quite a bit later that those were not originally a part of the series). So for me too, this one is an essential piece of TP music, almost as much so as Falling or LP's Theme.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Ross wrote:
You know me, I'm all about the melody.:)

One thing this site has taught me, I'm far from an expert on TP music. I remain in awe of the knowledge, devotion and passion on show here. It's as much a part of the excitement each Tuesday as obtaining the tracks themselves.
nix1980
Roadhouse Member

Post by nix1980 »

I still can't hear that track. It does play all the other, but it doesn't want to play "Dark Mood Woods" :shock:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

nix1980 wrote:I still can't hear that track. It does play all the other, but it doesn't want to play "Dark Mood Woods" :shock:
You purchased it and still can't hear it?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Jerry Horne wrote:
nix1980 wrote:I still can't hear that track. It does play all the other, but it doesn't want to play "Dark Mood Woods" :shock:
I think nix means it won't play on the DL.com player. I'm experiencing the same problem on my work computer. The download plays fine, but if you go to the site and select Dark Mood Woods, the appropriate slide show plays in the background, but no music plays.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

jmichael wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
I think nix means it won't play on the DL.com player. I'm experiencing the same problem on my work computer. The download plays fine, but if you go to the site and select Dark Mood Woods, the appropriate slide show plays in the background, but no music plays.
Gotcha. This has happened the last few Mondays - it takes a day or two for the stream to go up.

For 99 cents - I say just splurge and buy it!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Needless to say, I'm thrilled with this release! Hopefully they will release everything so that everybody will be happy.

Is there the same demand for a solo version of 'The Red Room'?
nix1980
Roadhouse Member

Post by nix1980 »

Thanks for explanation.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Needless to say, I'm thrilled with this release! Hopefully they will release everything so that everybody will be happy.
I hope so. I love clarinet/saxophone/Xylophone solos from Freshly Squeezed that they used A LOT in a series. I hope will see them too! ;-)
Jerry Horne wrote:Is there the same demand for a solo version of 'The Red Room'?
I have no idea how much they released on Season 2's CD. I suppose that in the episode it was looped somehow, but I'm not sure. SO maybe we've got full track already? I'm in half of the 2nd series in writing track list.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin2001 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Needless to say, I'm thrilled with this release! Hopefully they will release everything so that everybody will be happy.
I hope so. I love clarinet/saxophone/Xylophone solos from Freshly Squeezed that they used A LOT in a series. I hope will see them too! ;-)
Jerry Horne wrote:Is there the same demand for a solo version of 'The Red Room'?
I have no idea how much they released on Season 2's CD. I suppose that in the episode it was looped somehow, but I'm not sure. SO maybe we've got full track already? I'm in half of the 2nd series in writing track list.
I just meant a version that is not merged onto 'Dark Mood Woods'. It sounds complete to me. It sure is a long track!
lindseylee

Post by lindseylee »

Love love love the latest release! The RR bunch was great as well. Hopefully they will do another RR Bundle with RR Swing and the main RR Theme. And really can't wait till they release the Miss Twin Peaks song.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Updated my site with "Dark Mood Woods"

http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... woods.html
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/