Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

The Elephant Man (Blu-Ray) (Criterion) 9/29/20

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Re: The Elephant Man (Blu-Ray) (Criterion) 9/29/20

Post by marchug »

OH HELL'S YEAH!!!!
-23-
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Nice! I was just thinking today that this was overdue for a Criterion release.
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

lol I just recieved the studio canal 4k disc last week. the special features seem to be entirely different so I am gonna double dip.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

dreamshake wrote:lol I just recieved the studio canal 4k disc last week. the special features seem to be entirely different so I am gonna double dip.
I’m assuming the Lynch/Hurt interviews on both the Criterion and the StudioCanal releases are the same ones from the Lime Green DVD box set.

Doesn’t look like there’s too much new here in terms of features. Just the AFI recording. It will be great to see the gorgeous B&W cinematography of the film in all its glory though. Too bad there’s never been a whiff of any deleted scenes still in existence.

This just leaves The Straight Story and INLAND EMPIRE as the last two without a US Blu Ray release... (BTW, The Straight Story is on Disney Plus! Maybe it will get rediscovered by a new generation once they run out of Marvel and Star Wars movies to watch.)
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:This just leaves The Straight Story and INLAND EMPIRE as the last two without a US Blu Ray release... (BTW, The Straight Story is on Disney Plus! Maybe it will get rediscovered by a new generation once they run out of Marvel and Star Wars movies to watch.)
I wonder what the hold-up is with "Inland". He could easily put that on Criterion. "Straight Story" continues to be his most poorly treated movie as far as all levels of release - theater and after.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!