Daily Weather Report: The Return

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Re: Daily Weather Report: The Return

Post by AXX°N N. »

Very coy hints at how engaged he is with politics. And I swore I was reading too much into the choice of Hit the Road, Jack.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It does seem he’s more engaged than he’s keen to let on. It’s refreshing to have a celebrity who is paying attention seemingly, but doesn’t feel the need to wear his politics on his sleeve constantly. Remember, for years, he was extremely hesitant to even discuss TM in public (although now he won’t shut up about it :lol: ). He’s not big on preaching, generally.

Wonder what if anything he’ll have to say tomorrow morning....
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Lots of Twin Peaks references recently.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Is this the most bearded we have ever seen Lynch? Are the multiple ZZ Top references a hint that he plans to grow it out?! Discuss.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Is this the most bearded we have ever seen Lynch? Are the multiple ZZ Top references a hint that he plans to grow it out?! Discuss.
The beard does look good on him. As opposed to another artist who, in little less than 20 years of his career, never ever appeared with a beard (almost convincing me that he can't even grow one), but who has since 2017 been wearing it constantly and looking quite silly with it, if you ask me.

I'm talking about Marshall Bruce Mathers III, of course.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

What might an upside-down 7 indicate in terms of the universe today?

:)
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Lynch states today’s date as 2001. Surprised Sabrina posted it as opposed to doing a retake.

Lynch is getting his second round of the vaccine today. Only the second time he has left his house in the last year (the first was, of course, for the first vaccine dose).
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Lynch is getting his second round of the vaccine today. Only the second time he has left his house in the last year (the first was, of course, for the first vaccine dose).
That truly is taking the quarantine seriously as it gets. I have not heard of anyone being even remotely careful as him. All of my friends and acquaintances live and act pretty much same as before, except for the masks and working from home. Most of the people were at least a little bit afraid of the virus in March / April of 2020, but those days are long gone. Yes, people are still careful not to go out and see other people if they think they might be ill, but the general paranoia is a thing of the past. The pandemic has simply become a part of our lives. I think by now everyone just wants this to finally end, once and for all.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Stavrogyn wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Lynch is getting his second round of the vaccine today. Only the second time he has left his house in the last year (the first was, of course, for the first vaccine dose).
That truly is taking the quarantine seriously as it gets. I have not heard of anyone being even remotely careful as him. All of my friends and acquaintances live and act pretty much same as before, except for the masks and working from home. Most of the people were at least a little bit afraid of the virus in March / April of 2020, but those days are long gone. Yes, people are still careful not to go out and see other people if they think they might be ill, but the general paranoia is a thing of the past. The pandemic has simply become a part of our lives. I think by now everyone just wants this to finally end, once and for all.
I’m somewhere in the middle. I’ll do outdoor dining/drinks here and there with friends, and I go to the store or get takeout, but certainly way less socializing than before. No movie theaters, no indoor restaurants/bars. Certainly, most of us are ready for this to be over, but the reality is it isn’t. I also live in a pretty densely populated area though (as does Lynch), I’m sure in some parts of the country/world, the threat seems less prominent from a purely mathematical/statistical standpoint.

I’ve said this elsewhere, but Lynch has been pretty reclusive for years anyway, and he has basically admitted that the pandemic is really an excuse for him to indulge that. In the 2017 movie The Art Life, he says he is somewhat agoraphobic and rarely goes out. I know people like that, who aren’t really big fans of socializing and actually sort of enjoy the opportunity to retreat into themselves while all this is going on. Lynch has the facilities to paint, sculpt, build furniture, etc. on a daily basis. He has a couple of personal assistants who can get him food/coffee/cigarettes/tools and materials. Aside from making movies, he doesn’t really have any reason to go out. I’m curious if he is seeing Emily and Lula more now. In one interview early on in the pandemic, he said he was only waving to them from across the yard (he owns three adjacent houses and lives in a separate one from them).
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

That's two days in a row now of getting the date wrong. Yesterday, 2001, today, we jump to 2041.

Once was a mistake, but twice in a row? Cue the TP quote--you know the one. :wink:

Stavrogyn wrote:That truly is taking the quarantine seriously as it gets. I have not heard of anyone being even remotely careful as him. All of my friends and acquaintances live and act pretty much same as before, except for the masks and working from home. Most of the people were at least a little bit afraid of the virus in March / April of 2020, but those days are long gone. Yes, people are still careful not to go out and see other people if they think they might be ill, but the general paranoia is a thing of the past. The pandemic has simply become a part of our lives. I think by now everyone just wants this to finally end, once and for all.
As a near-total recluse as well, Lynch is the only person I can name who's taking the quarantine as seriously as me. I didn't think he could endear me to him further! :)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

AXX°N N. wrote:That's two days in a row now of getting the date wrong. Yesterday, 2001, today, we jump to 2041.
Heh, I will guiltily admit when he said the date wrong yesterday, I immediately thought of Agent Earle and the other posters who believe Lynch has dementia (which I 100% see no evidence of). I assumed it was a mistake and it worried me a bit, but as I said, if that were the case, I think Sabrina would have told him. Unless Lynch is OCD about refusing to do retakes on the weather report, which would be in character (remember how frustrated he was that time he messed up the wording of his “number of the day” ritual). Maybe it was a mistake yesterday but now he’s committing to the bit? Or maybe it was always intentional. Hard to tell.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i3BhWXi5lzo
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Heh, I will guiltily admit when he said the date wrong yesterday, I immediately thought of Agent Earle and the other posters who believe Lynch has dementia (which I 100% see no evidence of).
I also worried for a moment the first day, not for whether he had dementia but, something more sudden, like a ministroke.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

The weather report seems to pretty consistently have one solitary “thumbs down” vote. I wonder if it’s the same person every day or what? What a bizarre thing to do on a daily basis.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

DAVID LYNCH DID IT! ONE YEAR OF DAILY WEATHER REPORTS

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/lynch/da ... -one-year/
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Ha, the cake takes after my thread title. :o
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:28 pm The weather report seems to pretty consistently have one solitary “thumbs down” vote. I wonder if it’s the same person every day or what? What a bizarre thing to do on a daily basis.
I noticed that too. It's funny because my read of DL is the exact opposite; bizarrely ritualized positive behavior.