Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
yaxomoxay
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Postby yaxomoxay » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:37 am

NormoftheAndes wrote:Yaxomoxay -

I associate 'its in our house now' more with the Palmer house, if it has to be linked to a specific location. But what I mean is that the abuse that happened in that house in Twin Peaks has moved into the Lodge and the trauma it caused has created manifold effects in there and the real world. Everything in season 3 feels wrong, like things have just gone haywire and out of control. I link this back to the atomic bomb explosion and how that was an abuse of mankind's ability to tamper with reality - that seemed to be one point where things started to really go wrong.

In terms of the red door and Dougie, there must be something to that. Dougie seems to be innocent, like a 'white lodge' being who just brings goodness and rewards to those in need - so that is one contrast against the hopelessness and depressing reality we see elsewhere in the season.


Oh absolutely, there is no question that “it’s in our house now” is linked to the Palmer house.

I am just wondering if there is an additional link between the red door and the Lodge(s) as a whole. For some reason, the red door makes me think of the story of the Three Little Pigs. Once Cooper enters the Lodge through the red drapes (soft material) he’s vulnerable, in fear, and almost destroyed as a being.
Once Cooper steps in the house through the Red Door (hard material), he’s safe, happy, protected (by Janey-E), and almost invincible.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Robin Davies
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: England

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Postby Robin Davies » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:26 am

Regarding the red door - it's odd that one of the few sudden, non-vegetative things that Dougie does is gasp with surprise when he first sees the red door.
I always wondered why.
LateReg
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Postby LateReg » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Robin Davies wrote:Regarding the red door - it's odd that one of the few sudden, non-vegetative things that Dougie does is gasp with surprise when he first sees the red door.
I always wondered why.


Does he gasp at the red door, or is he gasping at the driver suddenly appearing to open the car door? It's not quite clear but my interpretation had always been that his gasp is comedic...how did that driver guy get all the way over here?!?! But I simply hadn't thought of him gasping at the red door, which he very well may be.
User avatar
NormoftheAndes
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:00 am

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Postby NormoftheAndes » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Dougie is just surprised at the door of the car being opened, that's all. It takes him by surprise - as if he's lost in a daydream. Which he is right? :)
Robin Davies
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: England

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Postby Robin Davies » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:11 am

NormoftheAndes wrote:Dougie is just surprised at the door of the car being opened, that's all. It takes him by surprise - as if he's lost in a daydream. Which he is right? :)
He gasps before the car door is opened. So he's either reacting to the sight of the red door or to the appearance of the driver who is about to open the door. I think it's more likely that he is reacting to the red door.
And it is very unusual.
Nearly everything else Dougie does is to simply react very slowly to what is going on around him and repeat actions and words. If I remember right, the only other time he reacts quickly is when Ike tries to shoot him.
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1492
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Postby mtwentz » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:20 am

yaxomoxay wrote:
NormoftheAndes wrote:Yaxomoxay -

I associate 'its in our house now' more with the Palmer house, if it has to be linked to a specific location. But what I mean is that the abuse that happened in that house in Twin Peaks has moved into the Lodge and the trauma it caused has created manifold effects in there and the real world. Everything in season 3 feels wrong, like things have just gone haywire and out of control. I link this back to the atomic bomb explosion and how that was an abuse of mankind's ability to tamper with reality - that seemed to be one point where things started to really go wrong.

In terms of the red door and Dougie, there must be something to that. Dougie seems to be innocent, like a 'white lodge' being who just brings goodness and rewards to those in need - so that is one contrast against the hopelessness and depressing reality we see elsewhere in the season.


Oh absolutely, there is no question that “it’s in our house now” is linked to the Palmer house.

I am just wondering if there is an additional link between the red door and the Lodge(s) as a whole. For some reason, the red door makes me think of the story of the Three Little Pigs. Once Cooper enters the Lodge through the red drapes (soft material) he’s vulnerable, in fear, and almost destroyed as a being.
Once Cooper steps in the house through the Red Door (hard material), he’s safe, happy, protected (by Janey-E), and almost invincible.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


I think there are multiple levels of interpretation, but 'It is in our house now' and 'it all cannot be said aloud now' scream to me of sexual abuse. So one interpretation I've been playing with is that, since Laura was created from The Firemen's thoughts, the Fireman is channeling Laura's feelings at this moment.

The other thought I have is that The Fireman is channeling Carrie Page. Obviously, some type of abuse appears to be going on in the Page household, which we never hear the details of, but which probably led to Carrie killing her abuser.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
User avatar
NormoftheAndes
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:00 am

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Postby NormoftheAndes » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:02 am

Robin Davies wrote:
NormoftheAndes wrote:Dougie is just surprised at the door of the car being opened, that's all. It takes him by surprise - as if he's lost in a daydream. Which he is right? :)
He gasps before the car door is opened. So he's either reacting to the sight of the red door or to the appearance of the driver who is about to open the door. I think it's more likely that he is reacting to the red door.
And it is very unusual.
Nearly everything else Dougie does is to simply react very slowly to what is going on around him and repeat actions and words. If I remember right, the only other time he reacts quickly is when Ike tries to shoot him.


Yes he is just surprised by the driver suddenly appearing there to open his door. I see everything in Dougie's world as being within a dream - don't you? The red door makes sense as a hint at the lodge within that.
User avatar
NormoftheAndes
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:00 am

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Postby NormoftheAndes » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:03 am

mtwentz wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
NormoftheAndes wrote:Yaxomoxay -

I associate 'its in our house now' more with the Palmer house, if it has to be linked to a specific location. But what I mean is that the abuse that happened in that house in Twin Peaks has moved into the Lodge and the trauma it caused has created manifold effects in there and the real world. Everything in season 3 feels wrong, like things have just gone haywire and out of control. I link this back to the atomic bomb explosion and how that was an abuse of mankind's ability to tamper with reality - that seemed to be one point where things started to really go wrong.

In terms of the red door and Dougie, there must be something to that. Dougie seems to be innocent, like a 'white lodge' being who just brings goodness and rewards to those in need - so that is one contrast against the hopelessness and depressing reality we see elsewhere in the season.


Oh absolutely, there is no question that “it’s in our house now” is linked to the Palmer house.

I am just wondering if there is an additional link between the red door and the Lodge(s) as a whole. For some reason, the red door makes me think of the story of the Three Little Pigs. Once Cooper enters the Lodge through the red drapes (soft material) he’s vulnerable, in fear, and almost destroyed as a being.
Once Cooper steps in the house through the Red Door (hard material), he’s safe, happy, protected (by Janey-E), and almost invincible.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


I think there are multiple levels of interpretation, but 'It is in our house now' and 'it all cannot be said aloud now' scream to me of sexual abuse. So one interpretation I've been playing with is that, since Laura was created from The Firemen's thoughts, the Fireman is channeling Laura's feelings at this moment.

The other thought I have is that The Fireman is channeling Carrie Page. Obviously, some type of abuse appears to be going on in the Page household, which we never hear the details of, but which probably led to Carrie killing her abuser.


Absolutely. Carrie also talks about trying to keep a clean house.

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return (Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests