unseen trailer footage (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Re: unseen trailer footage (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

Novalis wrote:DoppelCoop disguising himself as Coop would be, in my opinion, a disappointing turn of events -- and given the doppelgänger's supernatural credentials, possibly be entirely unnecessary to achieve his goals. Let's leave disguises and such literal ploys to the likes of wily human maniacs like Windom Earle. DoppelCoop surely has other ways to persuade people to fall in line with his will -- more preternatural 'resources' for convincing people -- even if they sometimes fail (a la Ray), which suit his 'bad mofo' character better.
Agreed. That would be a very thin plot twist, seen in many TV series before. I could accept it only if it's very brief and for a very specific purpose (not wanting to be noticed from afar while doing something).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
vawriter

Post by vawriter »

Regarding the shot of coop looking around next to someone:

Was looking at the original promo today and the person to his right appears to be a woman with a white top and short blond wispy hair. There's two main characters I can think of that would match: Janey-E or Candie. Considering that this is almost certainly Agent Cooper, given the way he moves his head quickly, I'm intrigued by the possibilities that this raises.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

vawriter wrote:Regarding the shot of coop looking around next to someone:

Was looking at the original promo today and the person to his right appears to be a woman with a white top and short blond wispy hair. There's two main characters I can think of that would match: Janey-E or Candie.
Ehhhhh
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

part 13 update:

-coop driving
-coop looking around next to someone (?)
-coop walking with one armed man (?)
-andy in the sheriff station parking lot
-exterior of Palmer house from POV of a car
-shakey stairs sequence
-twin peaks sign
-5 fbi guys (?) walking around twin peaks(?)
-coop stepping out of the shadows
-shot of mossy green woods
-cole getting out of van in twin peaks
-"this is Cole!"
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

dud wrote:part 13 update:

-coop driving
-coop looking around next to someone (?)
-coop walking with one armed man (?)
-andy in the sheriff station parking lot
-exterior of Palmer house from POV of a car
-shakey stairs sequence
-twin peaks sign
-5 fbi guys (?) walking around twin peaks(?)
-coop stepping out of the shadows
-shot of mossy green woods
-cole getting out of van in twin peaks
-"this is Cole!"
Something we can take from the spoilers that haven't been seen. We must be looking at a fair amount of time in twin peaks! :)
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

We should clarify that some of those are not shots from the series (like the random FBI dudes, the TP sign) but rather BTS stuff. They very well may be in the series but those are not actual footage.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

BGate wrote:We should clarify that some of those are not shots from the series (like the random FBI dudes, the TP sign) but rather BTS stuff.
So, you're saying they're BS?
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: unseen trailer footage (SPOILERS)

Post by mtsi »

BGate wrote:We should clarify that some of those are not shots from the series (like the random FBI dudes, the TP sign) but rather BTS stuff. They very well may be in the series but those are not actual footage.
Especially the FBI guys.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
whoisalhedges
RR Diner Member

Post by whoisalhedges »

Spoiler:
Was looking at the original promo today and the person to his right appears to be a woman with a white top and short blond wispy hair. There's two main characters I can think of that would match: Janey-E or Candie. Considering that this is almost certainly Agent Cooper, given the way he moves his head quickly, I'm intrigued by the possibilities that this raises.
Even though it's already been up here, and quoted, for a week; I think per the spoiler rules here this should be tagged... THEN AGAIN, if you are so keen on avoiding spoilers that you didn't watch any of the trailers/promos, why the hell are you in this thread?

Meanwhile...
meanwhile.jpg
meanwhile.jpg (9.52 KiB) Viewed 8737 times
Spoiler:
The tiny bit of her top we see - I think we've seen that top before. In episode 4.
When a certain mystically-lobotomized FBI Special Agent gets driven to the house of a philandering, dissolute gambler with a red door.

David Lynch has surprised me before, and he will surprise me again.

That said, I will be very surprised if he is not with Janey-E in that scene.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

whoisalhedges wrote:

That said, I will be very surprised if he is not with Janey-E in that scene.[/spoiler]
I think you are in for a very big surprise.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
whoisalhedges wrote:

Spoiler:
That said, I will be very surprised if he is not with Janey-E in that scene.
I think you are in for a very big surprise.
Here's the thing about leaks. We're dealing with a show with dream sequences, possession, and a few instances where the editing has made it so you can't keep track of who's where in the scene. We also remember Episode 29 where people changed places with each other and identity got messed up. And that Identity is a big theme here. JUST because something got leaked with one actor doesn't mean there's no other actors standing in the same place it's going to be cut back and forth to, or that we won't see its a dream sequence or Lodge shenanigans. Now, I didn't read the spoiler thread (but I've heard enough people talking about leaks I think I know which one you are talking about) but even if I did I wouldn't put down that I wouldn't be surprised.
Spoiler:
That said, that is definitely Janey-E's sweater. We've seen it twice. If it is another character, there's a good chance she's borrowing her clothes or her body, or Cooper is having another one of those Lodge experiences where he's mixing up women.