List of all the unsolved mysteries (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Re: List of all the unsolved mysteries

Post by Saturn's child »

krishnanspace wrote:
Snailhead wrote:In regards to "now, food is coming" seemed to me a continuation of Coop's line in FWWM, when Albert asks what the next victim of the killer is doing at this moment: "preparing a great abundance of food"
Its because he gets food at the same time everyday so he is used to it
I don't think the two ideas are mutually exclusive; as with all Lynch, the more the merrier! :D
I didn't notice the echo of Dale's FWWM food clairvoyance, but I really like it, intentional or not
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Saturn's child wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Snailhead wrote:In regards to "now, food is coming" seemed to me a continuation of Coop's line in FWWM, when Albert asks what the next victim of the killer is doing at this moment: "preparing a great abundance of food"
Its because he gets food at the same time everyday so he is used to it
I don't think the two ideas are mutually exclusive; as with all Lynch, the more the merrier! :D
I didn't notice the echo of Dale's FWWM food clairvoyance, but I really like it, intentional or not
Both occasions involve not the personal preparation of food but a more general catering for a certain population (the meals on wheels recipients on the one hand, prisoners on the other). While these events are almost certainly regularities that can be predicted simply through observation, in both cases Coop and DoppelCoop pull it off as if through psychic abilities. At least, I think so: the psychological moodiness of the DoppelCoop scene (and the obscure powerfulness of the character himself) tends to steer me towards preferring that they are somehow able to attune themselves to such events.

Also it occurs to me that what is 'food' for DoppelCoop may be, much more than the literal arrival of his prison meal, the later meeting with Warden Murphy in which he relishes making the latter suffer. Whether intended or not, the DoppelCoop cell scene plays like he is double-coding 'food' for his own amusement. Rotten bugger.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Novalis wrote:he is double-coding 'food' for his own amusement.
ie: garmonbozia! :)
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Saturn's child wrote:
Exactly: pain and suffering. (Incidentally, Garmonbozia always reminds me, obliquely, of ambrosia -- foodstuff of the gods in some classical Greek myths which supposedly gave them longevity. Maybe the name is distorted because it's like a sort of bad Manna or inverted Ichor, a corrupted idea of something sublime.)
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Novalis wrote:
Saturn's child wrote:
Exactly: pain and suffering. (Incidentally, Garmonbozia always reminds me, obliquely, of ambrosia -- foodstuff of the gods in some classical Greek myths which supposedly gave them longevity. Maybe the name is distorted because it's like a sort of bad Manna or inverted Ichor, a corrupted idea of something sublime.)
Yes, I always got ambrosia allusions too; also, soma (Vedic). Speaking of the latter, are you aware of the Maharishi tape where he supposedly admits Indra is stealing soma from TM practitioners' stomachs?
In a nutshell, the Maharishi describes a sort of parasitic relationship between TMers and the Vedic Gods. TMers produce the magical chemical Soma in their gut -- but it isn't something they can use directly. The Vedic Gods, principally Indra, descend from Heaven and feed on the Soma in the TMers' belly.
http://minet.org/www.trancenet.net/secrets/soma/
Very BOB-esque (also note the Lost Highway 'tapes turning up on the doorstep' motif, mentioned elsewhere in the link).
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Saturn's child wrote:
Novalis wrote:
Saturn's child wrote:
Yes, I always got ambrosia allusions too; also, soma (Vedic). Speaking of the latter, are you aware of the Maharishi tape where he supposedly admits Indra is stealing soma from TM practitioners' stomachs?
In a nutshell, the Maharishi describes a sort of parasitic relationship between TMers and the Vedic Gods. TMers produce the magical chemical Soma in their gut -- but it isn't something they can use directly. The Vedic Gods, principally Indra, descend from Heaven and feed on the Soma in the TMers' belly.
http://minet.org/www.trancenet.net/secrets/soma/
Very BOB-esque (also note the Lost Highway 'tapes turning up on the doorstep' motif, mentioned elsewhere in the link).
Interesting!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Novalis wrote:
Saturn's child wrote:
You've hit upon some well-worn stuff on this forum. As I understand it, the Maharishi is on record equating soma with ambrosia, and for those interested in esoteric Peaks, it's pretty well accepted that garmonbozia is like the shadow self of soma.

I'll link a couple of threads. As a preview, I have one hypothesis about Garuda, the bird/man deity, who brings the soma from heaven to earth, and later steals the soma from the fortress of the gods to pay a ransom, but is forgiven and in the process becomes Vishnu's mount. Here we have Garuda on the left, and the brahminy kite (taken as a real-world representation of Garuda) on the right:
Garuda_Jumping_Man_b.jpg
Garuda_Jumping_Man_b.jpg (187.81 KiB) Viewed 9995 times
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2810

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2808

(Some of this gets pretty out there, especially in relation to corn, but I regret nothing. :lol:)
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper wrote:
Novalis wrote:
Saturn's child wrote:
You've hit upon some well-worn stuff on this forum. As I understand it, the Maharishi is on record equating soma with ambrosia, and for those interested in esoteric Peaks, it's pretty well accepted that garmonbozia is like the shadow self of soma.

I'll link a couple of threads. As a preview, I have one hypothesis about Garuda, the bird/man deity, who brings the soma from heaven to earth, and later steals the soma from the fortress of the gods to pay a ransom, but is forgiven and in the process becomes Vishnu's mount. Here we have Garuda on the left, and the brahminy kite (taken as a real-world representation of Garuda) on the right:

Garuda_Jumping_Man_b.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2810

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2808

(Some of this gets pretty out there, especially in relation to corn, but I regret nothing. :lol:)
Damn, you guys know more about Hinduism than me :D
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

Episode 13 Thoughts:

Crime Element:
-Who is the group in western Montana and how are they connected to Richard and Ray?
-Who is Red's group in Canada? (assume interacts with Richard as he's the go-between with group in western Montana)

-Why such a stupid game of arm wrestling when hostile stranger comes on the premises??? (just let someone take over based on arm wrestling???)

-We meet the detectives involved with Mr. Todd and learn they're worse than the crime boss. What exactly is going on with all this?

DoppleCoop Dealings:
-Bit more insight provided but still more blanks to be filled in. Now that's been answered who hired the hit on Mr. C, why does Jeffries only seem to communicate by phone and at what point in time did he initially make contact with Ray? How did Jeffries orchestrate the whole prison thing exactly (mainly looking for how the Blackmail info. was sent and to whome)? Why does he want Bob back? where's the Dutchman and are the coordinates the secretary gave ray real?

-why make ray wear ring I think is self-explanatory (an F-you to the lodge and their dynamics as well as sending ring back to where it came giving garmanbozia they want)

-more elaboration on history and way ring works could of course always be had (ring finger left hand must be worn on learned this episode)

Dougie:
-Does he have special powers? Seeing Anthony's dandruff and touching him seems appeal to Anthony's good side and he quickly quells his plan... Same thing goes with the Mitchum brothers sudden about face upon meeting Dougie and people not really seeming to question Dougie's mental health all that much.

Sarah:
-Electrical disturbance in house from what? Also old program on TV show from another time perhaps?

Bobby:
-This wasn't same day they talked to mother it seems as he suggests... Time displacement theories not enough info. to latch onto yet. Guessing this just mental confusion of some sorts (shelly and her daughter talk after the events of a couple of episodes ago so showing stuff out of sequence like this not make narrative sense). Will just assume Bobby bit confused here or residents of Twin Peaks are beginning to lose track of time due to some disruption taking place as opposed to overly complicated analysis.

Jacobi and Nadine:
What is their relationship? Jacobi seems fascinated by her condition in the book Mr. Frost wrote so perhaps he's trying look into something? (thinks she perfect candidate for glasses he wears in the book until she had to wear eyepatch due to hunting accident)

Audrey:
No one in the Part 12 or Audrey thread has suggested Charlie's a politician yet. They're more focused on the 9th Circle of Hell. But that is a great idea that explains a LOT. Like why he'd be helpful to have with her, why he doesn't care about affairs, why a rich woman is in a marriage of convenience, why Richard gets away with so much and why Frank prefers to go to Ben. (A politician stepdad might cause trouble to cover this up.)

And why Charlie's last name isn't in the credit... if it turns out to be Milford.
-Why is Audrey stalling now? Her situation is even more perplexing after this episode. Now she's the one stalling oddly enough. 2 times now Charlie has refrained from answering her (what Tina said and whether to go or not as she begins stalling after appropriate time has passed). It seems Charlie is assuming some sort of role each time he talks to her which now adds to question if he's doing some sort of therapy with her.

-What does Charlie mean with threatening to end Audrey's story and what story does Audrey refer to about girl at end of lane or whatever?

Ed and Norma:
-Note that he burned? (I'm guessing original marriage proposal to Norma never sent while in Vietnam) Why didn't they stay together after season 2? (meta commentary after Chantal misreads orem as morman as go past Utah about drinking and marriage interesting)
-Is simone's a franchise related to Double R? (perhaps walter funneling funds over to another franchise far away without telling Norma?)

Jame's crush's tattoo:
7663 tattoo on james crush (clearly a tattoo on the actress: http://www.zimbio.com/The+Hottest+Celeb ... sica+Szohr)

Attempt to embellish upon above questions on dopplecoop to see if fits in with musings over questions on dopplecoop from previous pg
Jeffries contacts Ray (only communicates by phone for some reason???) at unknown point in time (presumably before DoppleCoop recruits him and Darya at Beulla's place). Perhaps Jeffries convinces Ray that once Mr. C. gets them to do the job with Hasting's secretary (AGAIN WHY SHE ONLY GIVE INFO. TO RAY AND WHY MR. C. HAVE HER CAR BLOWN UP BEFORE HE GETS INFO. DELIVERED TO HIM?) they will be done away with by Mr. C (Ray gets Darya casually involved with plan before Mr. C. arrives while keeping her in dark about some things).

It seems Jeffries is the source behind the blackmail info. on warden? (why involve Ray in overly elaborate plot like this telling him he'll be getting out of prison a free man after dispatches of Mr. C who will get him out?) Ray has to follows Jeffries specific instructions so loses touch with Darya but calls her let know be gone and instructs her on what need do from her end not letting on going to prison no accident; Mr. C catches this conv. with Darya of course but not know what Ray's up to. Mr. C. looks up prison info. but still unsure how fed blackmail info.? In any case, Mr. C. is heading somewhere? (guessing around the prison) to carry through with plan leaving necessary stuff in car to get good coop arrested or dead if switch coops and self in jail having carry out plan from inside as opposed to outside if has to but perhaps preferred to do so from outside only putting self in danger due to the switchover with good coop scheduled to take place.

In any case, while Mr. C. was attempting to blackmail warden as Jeffries anticipated it seems the Warden attempted to track Ray and Mr. C's car but didn't provide Ray with gun but was the mysterious guard who handed him the ring perhaps? (This would've been Jeffries) The ring being placed on finger meant to transport Mr. C. back to lodge for Bob to be with them again whatever purpose behind this is. Jeffries not tell ray of brigg's (who involved with preventing what Mr. C. after); the coordinates Mr. C. sees make him wonder where Jeffries is and it is at the Dutchman wherever that is?
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

The boxing match that Sarah was watching was on a loop as well as the electrical sound reappearing looped

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

DoppelBocker wrote:Dougie:
-Does he have special powers? Seeing Anthony's dandruff and touching him seems appeal to Anthony's good side and he quickly quells his plan... Same thing goes with the Mitchum brothers sudden about face upon meeting Dougie and people not really seeming to question Dougie's mental health all that much.
Cooper described himself back in the first season as a "strong sender" and in FWWM we see Albert entertain his predictions as a way of testing his psychic ability, implying this is normal for them and Albert's been testing and verifying his abilities the whole time they've worked together. (Which explains why after Maddy dies, Albert tells Cooper he's the only one who can solve this.) In the original series Cooper knows on several occasions when people are lying based on pure intuition, and he immediately saw the dynamic between Big Ed and Norma. We also know from then that when Cooper gambles with Bureau funds he tries to take back a 15% profit, and he states this very casually so he regularly wins at games of chance.

So basically... yes. He has powers. Particularly based in empathy and luck. And they have undoubtedly been heightened by his time in the Lodge. And this is just him using them unconciously.
bastia
Roadhouse Member

Post by bastia »

I think 53 is wrong. No shots in bid ed's gas station. The cop heard shots while he was at big ed's. Referring to the double R scene, where the kid shoot thought the window
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

bastia wrote:I think 53 is wrong. No shots in bid ed's gas station. The cop heard shots while he was at big ed's. Referring to the double R scene, where the kid shoot thought the window
Jesse hears those shots.Thats why he tells Bobby about it and Bobby tells him that he will go to Big Ed's place and check it out
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

krishnanspace wrote:
bastia wrote:I think 53 is wrong. No shots in bid ed's gas station. The cop heard shots while he was at big ed's. Referring to the double R scene, where the kid shoot thought the window
Jesse hears those shots.Thats why he tells Bobby about it and Bobby tells him that he will go to Big Ed's place and check it out
I thought that the shots Jessie heard were the shots at the RR Diner, he came down to the Diner as he heard them. He had been at the Gas Station at the time. Bobby I thought told Jessie to get ID off who he thought were the parents of the kid, and he was going to stop the horn honking and get the traffic moving. That is my interpretation.

BTW, how much traffic is there is Twin Peaks at that time of night. They must have the highest percentage of population on the roads at that time :)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jesse was at Big Ed's when he heard the gun shot at the RR- which is why he showed up there.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/