Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Nighthawk
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by Nighthawk »

It was a garbage episode for the most part. The intentional slowing down of scenes got about as old as that tired Family Guy gag of extended agony sequences. We've seen it, it's nothing new. Definitely the worst part so far, and a big waste of screen time.

There were a couple of promising scenes that could have been expanded. I am wondering who is in Sarah Palmer's kitchen? A woodsman? If I am not mistaken, she said that "men are coming" while ranting at the (convenience) store.

Also, in the hotel room scene with Albert and Gordon, was Albert wearing an owl cave symbol in his lapel pin?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I wonder if someone will ever rescue Norma, Jacoby and Nadine from the time loop they're trapped in. Maybe that'll be the main plot for S4?
:lol: A++ comment.

When all is said and done, it'll be time for a Norma, Jacoby, Nadine time loop super cut. Then someone can insert it into Gordon's "What the hell?!" scene.
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

I've not yet started to go through the 18 pages (currently) of comments yet, but just wanted to say that, from the opening scene, I was imagining how fun it would be if Cole just wrapped up the lively conversation with Albert and Tammy, as he sat there with a glass of wine in his hand and a big grin on his face, with the "Let's rock!" comment. I was fully prepared to sit through the whole episode anticipating someone in every scene saying that. So I was kind of amused when that scene didn't end just then and then Diane came in and finally delivered the line.

So great to see Jerry finally leaving the woods, running towards the camera like the bedraggled guy they used to have a the beginning of episodes of Monty Python.

Also really good to see the work that guys here had done with the coordinates proved correct, and to see Diane zooming in on a region that was already familiar from the maps people had posted. Thanks guys!

I'm getting the idea the the end scene booth chats, when they have them in the R&R, are pretty much just characters we'll never see again, but whose comments just fill in a little bit more detail about some of the other plots.

Right, off to read what everyone else has picked up on before I add anything else to the conversation.
"The stories that I wanna tell you about... "
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

So a mention of Chet Desmond but not Windom Earle... I'm guessing the next 6 episodes will the concluding third section then? Is jerry out of the woods?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Jasper wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I wonder if someone will ever rescue Norma, Jacoby and Nadine from the time loop they're trapped in. Maybe that'll be the main plot for S4?
Norma is just trying to get her taxes done! They're already late! She's filing then late!
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

krishnanspace wrote:Maybe the hype was a reverse psychology effect.They actually wanted to lower our expectations for Part 13.Why else would they do that?
Was it just one tweet? Unless it comes from Sabrina Sutherland, Kyle or Mark, I tend to pay no attention to it. From what I understand, apart from Kyle no other actors know where there scenes are in the series, so wouldn't know what is in the episode ahead of time (unless, of course, they were told). Kyle was pretty excited about Candie before this part. I then thought we were going to see a bit of her. :?
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

wow. that was a dissapointment
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:Oh, and I don't think Tammy is long for this world, or at least this dimension. The red drapes behind her were some supernatural foreshadowing.

Loved the ominous glimpses of within the Palmer house we got to steal.
Tammy has to live long enough to write the Secret History, at least.
Unless the secret history was written before The Return.
I know the dates don't make sence, but in my opinion the secret history only works if it was written before the return.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Ow, and I agree a dissapointing part.

Weird. It was okay/good until Sarah said something like 'this is a shitty story'. And then it got downhill...
"Your log and I are on the same page."
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

i wanna forget ive watched this series and remember twin peaks as only s1, half of s2 and maybe the movie...

and god, audrey has always deserved better
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Maybe the hype was a reverse psychology effect.They actually wanted to lower our expectations for Part 13.Why else would they do that?
Was it just one tweet? Unless it comes from Sabrina Sutherland, Kyle or Mark, I tend to pay no attention to it. From what I understand, apart from Kyle no other actors know where there scenes are in the series, so wouldn't know what is in the episode ahead of time (unless, of course, they were told). Kyle was pretty excited about Candie before this part. I then thought we were going to see a bit of her. :?
Even before Part 8,Madchen Amick had tweeted about it.I am also saying it beacause part 13 is going to be one because I am sure of one thing thats going to happen in it and the audience wont expect it.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Anyone care for some BOB Jerky?

No, srsly, first half: really good, second half: mostly filler.

1) Didn't expect Diane to be the one saying "let's rock"

2) I really like Frank Truman. Forster is a legend.

3) Grace Zabriskie gives me the creeps. Must be something about her eyes/face? I dunno, but she can be SCARY.
Herr being with BOB? I wouldn't say it's impossible...

4) Dougie being hit by a baseball and barely noticing? Made me chuckle but still felt kinda "meh" regarding what I expected this episode to become.

Once more, I gotta admit: we should keep going into this new TP bare of any expectation, wekk for week. I trust Lynch and believe everything will make sense when it's over.
Those who already stopped watching halfway through: it wasn't meant for you from the beginning. How can you judge if you've only watched 12/18 parts anyway? It's like standing up and leaving a theatre after seeing 50 minutes of a 90 minute film.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

dronerstone wrote:Those who already stopped watching halfway through: it wasn't meant for you from the beginning. How can you judge if you've only watched 12/18 parts anyway? It's like standing up and leaving a theatre after seeing 50 minutes of a 90 minute film.
No, it would be like leaving the theatre after 12 hours. You can't use simple maths for this.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

AgentEcho wrote:Oh my Lynch is having so much fun screwing with people's expectations. All this build up to Audrey, with the earlier scenes with Frank and Ben almost tantalizingly dancing around naming Richard's mother, not to mention all the buildup for leaving her off the screen, then she abruptly appears in a surely intentionally jarring smash cut mid pan. We learn she's in a loveless marriage to a dwarf and is having an affair with a missing man named Billy, and there's a long extended conversation where a bunch of names were dropped, none of which were Richard, while Audrey impatiently waits for some information she never receives. If you place Audrey in the role of the audience impatient with all of this it is truly comedy gold.
Yep. :lol:
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

AgentEcho wrote:Oh my Lynch is having so much fun screwing with people's expectations. All this build up to Audrey, with the earlier scenes with Frank and Ben almost tantalizingly dancing around naming Richard's mother, not to mention all the buildup for leaving her off the screen, then she abruptly appears in a surely intentionally jarring smash cut mid pan. We learn she's in a loveless marriage to a dwarf and is having an affair with a missing man named Billy, and there's a long extended conversation where a bunch of names were dropped, none of which were Richard, while Audrey impatiently waits for some information she never receives. If you place Audrey in the role of the audience impatient with all of this it is truly comedy gold.

its just annoying tbh