Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by jakemartinez »

pixletwin wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Anyone know who played the piano player? Looked familiar?
I don't know who it is, but he kind of reminds me of this guy (though I doubt it's the same actor):

Don_Stark.jpg
It was Angelo Badalamenti. Or maybe not. Haha
Lmao the piano player was definitely not Angelo.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Also, wtf is with Rodney Mitchum's fake cut? He seemed completely shocked, as if he believed the cut was real. Does this all tie in to the Upanishads excerpt about living inside the dream?
I'm not sure what you're saying. Mitchum had a nasty red mark from Candie smacking him with the remote. That night, or maybe the next, his brother has a dream that the cut has healed. The next morning his brother recounts the dream and pulls off the bandage, and there's no sign of the wound.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

ThumbsUp wrote:The sick kid in the car was very Regan MacNeil. The other kid with the gun seemed super off. I wonder if something Lodge-related is affecting the children of the town, which maybe the opening shot of the three boys might've foreshadowed.
I was noticing the behavioral difference between TP's children and Sonny Jim.
The former are much more serious - and apparently more dangerous. Sonny Jim is quiet but somehow happy. I am left wondering if there is any connection with Dougie crying looking at Sonny Jim and/or with the kid that died in the crash (the only happy kid in TP so far).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

I think about how Laura was sucked away...where did she go? The Candie avatar theory is very possible and would be such an unexpected reveal, however she doesn't look like Laura so I doubt that is the case. Such a beautiful piece of art. Each week I find myself speechless and in wonder. So starting to worry cause they referred to the day after tomorrow as the day they will go to Jack Rabbits palace...if the whole one day=one episode theory Is true then Dale should fully awaken in episode 13...the week I'm on vacation :cry:

It was so great the scene at the end, friends. Such an amazingly powerful goodness flows from this man and he's not even himself yet. But how does Dougie get back to the Great Northern...each week seems longer and longer away.
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

So, the implication that the woman in the apartment who talks to Becky is Lauren Tewes of Love Boat fame sent me scurrying to her imdb page, which I'm sorry to report doesn't mention Twin Peaks: the Return as one of her acting credits. And it aImost certainly would if this was actually her. Is the person who posted those comparison shots just noting the physical resemblance, or does someone actually have some inside info about this?
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

Anyone catch the potentially coded numbers in "2240 Sycamore" and the "2:23" on the Mitchum brothers' clock? Both are similar to the date of Laura's death, Feb 24 (2-24). May be nothing but could be something.

Also, regarding the Hayward family, I'm going to speculate that Donna may have been killed on the back of James' bike -- recall the first episode where Shelly suggests James is a bit different after a motorcycle accident. Could explain the Hayward sister losing her moral compass and also Donna's absence from the series...
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

sewhite2000 wrote:So, the implication that the woman in the apartment who talks to Becky is Lauren Tewes of Love Boat fame sent me scurrying to her imdb page, which I'm sorry to report doesn't mention Twin Peaks: the Return as one of her acting credits. And it aImost certainly would if this was actually her. Is the person who posted those comparison shots just noting the physical resemblance, or does someone actually have some inside info about this?
Cynthia Lauren Tewes is on the official 217 person cast list for this season.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

N. Needleman wrote:The mention of the corn fields makes me wonder if we will finally get a take on another much-rumored sequence (truck driving backwards through corn/garmonbozia) that Bob Engels has teased for decades, not unlike his mention of their old plan for a 1950s flashback - which manifested in part 8.
came here to post this! would be really cool
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

Albert letting Diane see those coordinates was no accident. We've already established that Gordon and Albert are aware Diane is hiding something about her relationship with Evil Cooper. There's no way they would be that careless. Maybe Albert has altered the coordinates via Photoshop, or maybe he's letting Diane see the real coordinates in hopes she'll direct Evil Cooper there so that they may recapture him.
kylie

Post by kylie »

sewhite2000 wrote:So, the implication that the woman in the apartment who talks to Becky is Lauren Tewes of Love Boat fame sent me scurrying to her imdb page, which I'm sorry to report doesn't mention Twin Peaks: the Return as one of her acting credits. And it aImost certainly would if this was actually her. Is the person who posted those comparison shots just noting the physical resemblance, or does someone actually have some inside info about this?
She's in the credits as "Cynthia Lauren Tewes," which is her real name. It's her. (And I don't think her IMDB page would have been updated yet given it would've had to list who she played, and that was a secret up until tonight.)
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

yup, she's cynthia lauren tewes on the official cast list - see the link in my signature.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

got spooked at Hawk's warning to Truman about the owl/demon symbol. He doesn't even want to talk about it. Uh oh.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I do believe that Shelly has just never grown up. High school drop out, works her entire life at a cafe, and has bad taste in bad men. Nothing magical here.

Before we think of magic, we ought to ask if she's acting out of character. Not really, no.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Pinky wrote:got spooked at Hawk's warning to Truman about the owl/demon symbol. He doesn't even want to talk about it. Uh oh.
This seems to suggest that the Mother wasn't created by the experiment, but that the experiment simply created a large portal to her.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Esselgee wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
garethw wrote:
Heh... i meant who the actress was :) Never watched The Love Boat!
Oh! She played the captain's daughter. Love Boat was crap, not even worth knowing!
She didn't play the captain's daughter. She played Julie McCoy, the cruise director.
Doh!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM