Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Post by Audrey Horne »

Wonderful and strange, it's a different beast. The original show was fluid with no end in sight. The Return was planned as a whole, so the likelihood of most the returning players having a semi arc is higher,; their purpose, even as a cameo more thought out.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

ScarFace32 wrote:Where is the info on the time change coming from?
Yeah, I was expecting to tune in at 8pm based on somewhere I read the air time would switch from 9pm EST to 8. Because of Game of THrones season premiere or such? I watch TP S3 via hulu and it's not showing me Part 10 yet. :?:
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Audrey Horne wrote:Wonderful and strange, it's a different beast. The original show was fluid with no end in sight. The Return was planned as a whole, so the likelihood of most the returning players having a semi arc is higher,; their purpose, even as a cameo more thought out.
I highly doubt it.

Nadine, for example, has as little to do with the black lodge and Bad Coop as she did Windom Earle.

And Norma. And Shelly.
Last edited by Wonderful & Strange on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
homieonice
Roadhouse Member

Post by homieonice »

random guesses for part 10:

coop either goes to the doctor , or there is more development with bushnell and anthony sinclair OR both happen

we see red / richard horne again - the spooky house w the door ajar is entered ...

we see Audrey this episode

prepared to be wrong! excited!

and ... my guesses for who says Laura Is The One

i first thought Cooper as a reaction to someone saying "laura", or James, or Sarah ..

but if it's audrey i'll shit my pants
There they are Albert... Faces of stone!
ScarFace32
RR Diner Member

Post by ScarFace32 »

Framed_Angel wrote:
ScarFace32 wrote:Where is the info on the time change coming from?
Yeah, I was expecting to tune in at 8pm based on somewhere I read the air time would switch from 9pm EST to 8. Because of Game of THrones season premiere or such? I watch TP S3 via hulu and it's not showing me Part 10 yet. :?:
It's not true, it's still on at 9
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:I know Showtime and Lynch don't care about ratings but I feel a little bad that now (At least for a few weeks) It has to go up against Game of Thrones. I know people will come on here and blast this saying they don't watch GoT but a lot of people do including myself. I haven't decided which one I'll watch first tonight but because I like to watch each new episode as Lynch intended. (In the dark and with the surround sound on) I may watch GoT first tonight. We'll see.

Furthermore when it changes time till 8 I may wait till 10 to watch it which will suck to have to wait two hours but a show like this is best viewed in the dark in my opinion. Part of me wishes they would've waited till the fall. I'd much rather compete against The Walking Dead and Sunday Night Football (Not really Twin Peaks target audiences) Then another premium cable juggernaut in Game Of Thrones.
I'll definitely be in the TP camp myself. I've only had to wait a year for this season of GoT. If, as has been the case this far, I then spend the following day or so discussing TP with like-minded fans I may manage to avoid GoT spoilers altogether.
"The stories that I wanna tell you about... "
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

NonStopKnits wrote:I guess its probably just me, but did anyone else think the red coffee mug Dale had at the police station was gonna go through a window? They seemed to really emphasize the mug to me with the bright red of it and how they shot it.
Spoiler:
Hah! Your red mug through a window desires were just waiting to be realised, in episode 10. :-)
"The stories that I wanna tell you about... "
NonStopKnits
Roadhouse Member

Post by NonStopKnits »

DeepBlueSeed wrote:
NonStopKnits wrote:I guess its probably just me, but did anyone else think the red coffee mug Dale had at the police station was gonna go through a window? They seemed to really emphasize the mug to me with the bright red of it and how they shot it.
Spoiler:
Hah! Your red mug through a window desires were just waiting to be realised, in episode 10. :-)
Apparently! My boyfriend laughed his ass off when it happened and told me to stop having premonitions! :lol:
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

I'm wondering if there's a connection between the "Mary" who Sylvia Horne calls out to (indicating Mary is a caretaker) at the opening of the scene leading to Johnny running into the wall - - and another "Mary" we heard referenced earlier in the season though she was never seen in person.

In Part 8, the young girl being walked home where they live in New Mexico in 1956, asks "So you're no longer with Mary?" or something to that effect.

I know it's a stretch and I'm probably just wanting to revisit the storyline involving that girl eventually swallowing the bug-frog. But a girl named Mary in her early teens in 1956 could be years later a viable, if somewhat aged, nurse or caretaker for the Horne's son, yes?
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
Meaxylon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Meaxylon »

Framed_Angel wrote:I'm wondering if there's a connection between the "Mary" who Sylvia Horne calls out to (indicating Mary is a caretaker) at the opening of the scene leading to Johnny running into the wall - - and another "Mary" we heard referenced earlier in the season though she was never seen in person.

In Part 8, the young girl being walked home where they live in New Mexico in 1956, asks "So you're no longer with Mary?" or something to that effect.

I know it's a stretch and I'm probably just wanting to revisit the storyline involving that girl eventually swallowing the bug-frog. But a girl named Mary in her early teens in 1956 could be years later a viable, if somewhat aged, nurse or caretaker for the Horne's son, yes?
Interesting! I was also thinking about Mary, but forgot the Mary from New Mexico.
I was thinking there might be a connection between Sylvia's "Mary" and the "Mary Ann" that Red and Richard talk about. A bit of a stretch, maybe.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

So the peaks is likely Twin Peaks meaning the event the map/note references will take place in and/or effect Twin Peaks. Above each peak are an image of what I take to be either the Sun or the Moon (colored Red), the first one to the left is round and full, while the second one is eclipsed by the devilish symbol BadCoop showed Darya via his playing card. it has been suggested that this is a representation of Experiment/Mother.. the two dates on the bottom notes October 1 and October 2.

what are our thoughts on these?
Meaxylon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Meaxylon »

claaa7 wrote:Image

So the peaks is likely Twin Peaks meaning the event the map/note references will take place in and/or effect Twin Peaks. Above each peak are an image of what I take to be either the Sun or the Moon (colored Red), the first one to the left is round and full, while the second one is eclipsed by the devilish symbol BadCoop showed Darya via his playing card. it has been suggested that this is a representation of Experiment/Mother.. the two dates on the bottom notes October 1 and October 2.

Could the triangles also symbolize two portals/openings or even the two lodges? Meaning that both lodges will be open? The one with the "mother" symbol could be the black lodge then.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Meaxylon wrote:
claaa7 wrote:Image

Could the triangles also symbolize two portals/openings or even the two lodges? Meaning that both lodges will be open? The one with the "mother" symbol could be the black lodge then.
hmm you got a point there!
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Audrey Horne wrote:I'm excited, but I'm excited to see all the original characters. And not to get anyone heated, but (people always do that, but...) in terms of fear of having a favorite character ruined in the Return... This is my own personal opinion, when some naysayers were worried about this coming back for fear of ruining the original, to me, it was already ruined. I would watch the mid to late second season waiting weeks in between (sometimes months) and sometimes cry or mouth agape at what had happened to these oringial stellar characters... I loved all the actors but hated the characters. Until the second half of the two episode finale burned off in June. So, for me, it can only go up.

The fear of this season was going to be Amanda Seifryd and Justin Beiber and a slew of new hot young actors running around town and Ed making a cameo saying, "check out the Double R, kids." Or Audrey working the concierge desk at the Northern saying, "here's your room key." I feel everyone has had weight in this that feels really organic.

Basically I had my disappointment from February through June 1991, so this can only improve... And it has.
That's a great point, and I wholeheartedly agree. Whatever you make of the new stuff, I'd say it's far closer to the original essence of the show than that horrid stretch of mid to late S2, and for that I'm really pleased.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

can somebody please explain what trick Lucy seemed to play on Andy with their purchase of the chair? she says she want the beige chair, Andy wants the red and a small argument follow. Andy agrees to let Lucy have the beige chair, but then we see Lucy placing the red one in the cart. Is it a case of reverse psychology or Lucy just deciding to be nice to Andy and let him choose for once?