*Strategies On Surviving 2 Week Wait After Part 8*

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Re: *Strategies On Surviving 2 Week Wait After Part 8*

Post by Hockey Mask »

dud wrote:I love how they don't want to air an episode during 4th of July weekend but they'll air the finale on labor day weekend lol
I think they just wanted to stretch it into September for subscription purposes.
Elad Repooc
Roadhouse Member

Post by Elad Repooc »

Well, since it's summer, maybe you could just, I don't know, go outside?
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Elad Repooc wrote:Well, since it's summer, maybe you could just, I don't know, go outside?
And melt in this ridiculous heat? No, thank you. I am sitting in the living room with no fewer than 3 fans pointed directly at me and a constant supply of ice cold liquids.

I've gotten some video game recommendations for people who like TP that I'm going to try. Alan Wake (which I got just before it got locked down due to a copyright dispute), Deadly Premonition, the Black Lodge and a few other horror games. If none of those catch me for long, I can always just make a bunch of Sims who resemble the townsfolk and try and get as close to the TP locations as possible.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Ragnell wrote:
Elad Repooc wrote:Well, since it's summer, maybe you could just, I don't know, go outside?
And melt in this ridiculous heat? No, thank you. I am sitting in the living room with no fewer than 3 fans pointed directly at me and a constant supply of ice cold liquids.

I've gotten some video game recommendations for people who like TP that I'm going to try. Alan Wake (which I got just before it got locked down due to a copyright dispute), Deadly Premonition, the Black Lodge and a few other horror games. If none of those catch me for long, I can always just make a bunch of Sims who resemble the townsfolk and try and get as close to the TP locations as possible.
Alan Wake showed seriously intriguing concepts early on in development. It seemed to center around using a flashlight mostly, and involved lots of fleeing and hiding, with a recurring theme of barricading and holing up in a Lighthouse every sunset as spirits emerged to hunt you down. That all changed through the years, until it was boiled down to a simple "shoot the enemies" sort of clunker with a mediocre story.

If you're looking for something that is close to Twin Peaks, I cannot recommend Silent Hill 2 highly enough. The storyline, intentionally wooden acting, soundtrack, deeply troubled and lost characters, setting, and creeping sense that something is really off are all very reflective of Twin Peaks and David Lynch in general. If you have a PS2 then you're in luck, as the remakes and re-releases are vastly inferior to the original version. The game is riveting and manages to get under your skin in a number of ways.

Haven't played Deadly Premonition yet, but I've heard so many good things about it, and of course it's directly based on the original Twin Peaks story.
Saela
Roadhouse Member

Post by Saela »

I think I'll watch Better Call Saul Season 3...which might only take me a day or two :)
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:
Ragnell wrote:

Alan Wake showed seriously intriguing concepts early on in development. It seemed to center around using a flashlight mostly, and involved lots of fleeing and hiding, with a recurring theme of barricading and holing up in a Lighthouse every sunset as spirits emerged to hunt you down. That all changed through the years, until it was boiled down to a simple "shoot the enemies" sort of clunker with a mediocre story.

If you're looking for something that is close to Twin Peaks, I cannot recommend Silent Hill 2 highly enough. The storyline, intentionally wooden acting, soundtrack, deeply troubled and lost characters, setting, and creeping sense that something is really off are all very reflective of Twin Peaks and David Lynch in general. If you have a PS2 then you're in luck, as the remakes and re-releases are vastly inferior to the original version. The game is riveting and manages to get under your skin in a number of ways.

Haven't played Deadly Premonition yet, but I've heard so many good things about it, and of course it's directly based on the original Twin Peaks story.
Ooh, thanks. I'll put it on the playlist. I remember the first Silent Hill but never played 2.
NonStopKnits
Roadhouse Member

Post by NonStopKnits »

Ragnell wrote:
Mr. Strawberry wrote:
Ragnell wrote:

Ooh, thanks. I'll put it on the playlist. I remember the first Silent Hill but never played 2.
Silent Hill 2 was great! Yrev very scary! Resident Evil 4 on the gamecube is one of my favorites to re play. Heavy Rain was also pretty great, but I really did not enjoy Alan Wake or find it scary, but I know many people who did.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

After watching Part 8 twice, I think this two week break is exactly what I need. :lol:
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
writersblock
RR Diner Member

Post by writersblock »

Next Week I am going to take 8 hours out and watch all the new episodes from start to finish... then wait for a week :D
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I might look into meditation
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

If the break had fallen after a plot episode like e7, this break would be far more annoying. A break after e8 actually feels right, like the episode needs that extra time to wash over us.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Shloogorgh wrote:If the break had fallen after a plot episode like e7, this break would be far more annoying. A break after e8 actually feels right, like the episode needs that extra time to wash over us.
That's easy to say on Tuesday. Let's see how we feel next Sunday. :wink:
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

I'll probably give the past 4 episodes a re-watch (as I've only watched them once or twice a piece).

Plus, I probably should give Game of Thrones Season 6 a rewatch before the new season airs.

And I picked up the Mulholland Drive Criterion, so, I should give that a watch.

I guess I'm not stressing about the wait, time seems to fly by so quick now anyway.
homieonice
Roadhouse Member

Post by homieonice »

I'm struggling already...
There they are Albert... Faces of stone!
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

halfway there!