Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by zeronumber »

Solitude wrote:I was hoping that the shot of the dark woods prior to the final Double R scene would lead to the Log Lady as it did in Parts 1 and 2. Also, about that scene, notice how (as someone proved in Reddit) the entire room changes after that guy asks where Bing is. I think that it is not relevant, but after Gordon acknowledging the YREV word and giving a sort of semi-full explanation about it i can expect anything.
Spoiler:
EDIT: I spoilered the image because of not knowing how to re-size it, yrev very sorry about it.
....also...when the shot shift to the other side just before the credits ...
Is that Bobby Briggs with his back to us in the first booth in the foregound , chatting with Heidi?

(The booth was empty in the pevious shot...so we dont see him enter.)

( F. Tammy~)

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Panapaok »

Audrey Horne wrote:to me it's pretty clear - based on the convention of how news interviews are typically done in this manner in tv and film - showing the shaky video quality of real life juxtaposed to the smooth film of the story. The people are being interviewed -and not just interviewed -they're the snippet, sound bytes that makes the aired news.
Agreed. It's done on purpose to serve the progression of the story. My guess is that the Mitchum brothers will see this.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Panapaok wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:to me it's pretty clear - based on the convention of how news interviews are typically done in this manner in tv and film - showing the shaky video quality of real life juxtaposed to the smooth film of the story. The people are being interviewed -and not just interviewed -they're the snippet, sound bytes that makes the aired news.
Agreed. It's done on purpose to serve the progression of the story. My guess is that the Mitchum brothers will see this.
Yep. We haven't seen them in a couple of episodes so I think we shall see them in episode 8.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Panapaok wrote:
I hope we see Candie again too. Amy Shiels was supposed to be in every episode! Man, somebody got that one way wrong.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Panapaok wrote:
That's a great guess! Seems right.
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

madeleineferguson wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
I hope we see Candie again too. Amy Shiels was supposed to be in every episode! Man, somebody got that one way wrong.
The only false rumor that scared me was that Ray Wise was going to be in every episode. Boy, I'm glad that one was wrong.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

madeleineferguson wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
I'm still genuinely baffled why, of all the young new stars, and out of the cast list of 217, Amy Shiels received SO much attention, from very early speculation up to that absurd Flood Magazine article. She's an obscure Irish actress who doesn't even have a Wikipedia page (a pretty decent barometer for lack of fame). Not that DKL hasn't given plenty of career-defining roles to unknowns, but it seemed like EVERYONE on this board was completely convinced she was going to play Tammy, or at least a huge role. Why did so many people latch on to her? Does she just have a great agent who's been spreading her name around town?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, it's weird. She was also one of the very few new cast members who appeared in the first BTS tease and she also worked in TSHOTP. Who knows, maybe her role will get bigger soon?
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

My guess is that when the Mitchum Brothers take center stage, she will start to have a bigger role.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
firefly2193
Roadhouse Member

Post by firefly2193 »

It's amazing how much of the trailer hasn't happened after 7 hours. We still have all the most dramatic/exciting shots - Cooper in the car (do we now think that's good Cooper or does Bad Coop clean up?), Cooper standing next to *someone*, and most importantly to me, the shots of the Palmer household and that crazy shot by the stairs.

Do we think these are going to appear soon? They strike a very different mood to TPTR so far I think. From the trailer I was expecting/hoping for a lot more night time scenes and strong mood in general. Hope these happen soon!
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

I don't expect them to appear too soon

also, just for the hell of it, all unseen footage from trailers:

-coop driving
-coop looking around next to someone
-coop walking with one armed man
-sarah getting liquor
-big Ed with rr coffee
-andy in the sheriff station parking lot
-exterior of Palmer house from sideview mirror
-shakey stairs sequence
-twin peaks sign
-5 fbi guys (?) walking around twin peaks(?)
-hawk saying 'really.'
-cole in South Dakota police station
-coop stepping out of the shadows
-cole(?) distorted yelling (?) -(questionable that this will actually be in the show imo)
-shot of mossy green woods
-remnants of Packard sawmill
Last edited by dud on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

I could swear the Andy in the Sheriff station parking lot image has him next to a brown-paneled station wagon like Janey-E drives.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Wow, I didn't realize how much of the trailers we hadn't seen yet! I was just focused on the fact that every new character we met in the trailer was dead by the end of Part 2 :lol:
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

No, the car looks a little different. Weird coincidence, though.
Spoiler:

However, while I was looking I saw the Cooper looking around someone image. Pretty sure that shoulder is Janey-E's and that neighborhood is Lancelot Court, so that one should come up before he leaves Vegas.
Spoiler:
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

dud wrote:I don't expect them to appear too soon

also, just for the hell of it, all unseen footage from trailers:

-coop driving
-coop looking around next to someone
-coop walking with one armed man
-sarah getting liquor
-big Ed with rr coffee
-andy in the sheriff station parking lot
-exterior of Palmer house from sideview mirror
-shakey stairs sequence
-twin peaks sign
-5 fbi guys (?) walking around twin peaks(?)
-hawk saying 'really.'
-cole in South Dakota police station
-coop stepping out of the shadows
-cole(?) distorted yelling (?) -(questionable that this will actually be in the show imo)
-shot of mossy green woods
-remnants of Packard sawmill
Coop stepping out of the shadows looks very close to how he looks in the 'Purple Room', but I could not match the shot exactly. Is it possible that trailer is unused footage from that scene?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly