Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by mtwentz »

Showtime originally envisioned only 9 episodes and a limited budget, so yes, this is going beyond what they envisioned before Lynch walked away.

However, when Lynch returned, they had to know what they were getting.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Quite honestly, I've never come across a series that needed more to be released in bulk, Netflix-style, than TP: the Return. I still find myself tempted to stop watching and wait for a complete iTunes release!
MT Wentz

Post by MT Wentz »

This thread is pointless.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Nice avatar!
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

MT Wentz wrote:This thread is pointless.
So's life, but you gotta laugh!!! ;)
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I don't think that another season is anything fans should be contemplating until this one is over. This might be an ideal wrap-up. If any other episodes are produced, it would have to follow this same recipe with Lynch behind the camera for all of it; you can't go backward. I'm in the tremendously conflicted/trending towards negative opinion on this season, so if it doesn't improve, I wouldn't want any further.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

I hate to say this because I'm a die hard fan of Twin Peaks but with 1/3 of the season being over, poor rating and this whole Dougie thing going very slow, you won't see a 4th season. I am personally thinking about cancelling showtime and just waiting to binge watch it on Netflix when it comes out. Something that I'm totally against.

I was really hoping that when Hawk was walking through the forest while talking to Margaret on the phone and he seen the red drapes that he would of seen Cooper and it would have went from there instead of Las Vegas.

I hate to say it but I'm very disappointed

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

JohnGSmoke wrote:I hate to say this because I'm a die hard fan of Twin Peaks but with 1/3 of the season being over, poor rating and this whole Dougie thing going very slow, you won't see a 4th season. I am personally thinking about cancelling showtime and just waiting to binge watch it on Netflix when it comes out. Something that I'm totally against.

I was really hoping that when Hawk was walking through the forest while talking to Margaret on the phone and he seen the red drapes that he would of seen Cooper and it would have went from there instead of Las Vegas.

I hate to say it but I'm very disappointed
Yeah, it's a horrible moment when it starts to become clear that someone whose work you've often adored, and even admired when you haven't liked it, has lost the plot. I feared we'd get 'Inland Empire Lynch' rather than the man who made The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart and the various episodes and film of Twin Peaks. Anyone claiming this show is of anything close to the quality of those films is, frankly, having a giraffe.

And I agree, the whole lot should have been dropped on Netflix all at once. Worst choice for a weekly serial ever.
Last edited by Gabriel on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Put me down for two fucking giraffes, Gabriel.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

N. Needleman wrote:Put me down for two fucking giraffes, Gabriel.
Do they have to be fucking? Might be easier to deliver them to you if they were sleeping! ;)
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I'd prefer fucking, but I'll take 'em how I can get 'em.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

N. Needleman wrote:I'd prefer fucking, but I'll take 'em how I can get 'em.
A man after my own heart! :lol:
MT Wentz

Post by MT Wentz »

Hockey Mask wrote:Nice avatar!
Great minds!
Poltergeist27

Post by Poltergeist27 »

Looks like the ratings ticked up ever so slightly on Sunday, a 0.10 and 270,000 live viewers, up from 254,000 the week before:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s ... -2017.html

By way of comparison, American Gods (which was renewed by Starz) got a 0.26 and 629,000 live viewers. We know the majority of Twin Peaks viewers watch on streaming platforms and there is a large international viewing audience so who knows?

I would love another season but will be happy if this is all we get.
RichardHorne

Post by RichardHorne »

I really hope that 3rd season is going to be the end of this story. Also i should say that when i watched Twin Peaks for the first time, i was quite fine with the ending of season 2 and never thought that anyone needs a season 3. But now as we can see season 3, so far so good.