NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by crazyscottishguy »

Panapaok wrote:There is leaked stuff on instagram. Be very careful!!
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Drammatubero wrote:I'm still excited, as I said I'm not going to spoil anything. I'm looking forward to talk about it tomorrow. Anyway, if someone wants to ask me something in private i'm available to answer you... but do specific questions (i've got no time or english skills to make a decent review) but my piece of advice is: just don't ask me anything, the premiere is close!
Did you like it?
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

crazyscottishguy wrote:
Panapaok wrote:There is leaked stuff on instagram. Be very careful!!
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you PM me the link, PRETTY PLEASE? :)
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

GGMerlinNL wrote:Anyone know which country will be the first to air twin peaks?
And is the countdown on this site accurate?
US, and whatever other countries are airing it simultaneously.
It's counting down to 9pm based on your local time, so no, it's not accurate when you're logged in, unless you have the L.A. timezone set in the user control panel.
I'll see you in the trees
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

pm me please :oops:
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Drammatubero wrote:
Cde. wrote:
Drammatubero wrote:I'm still excited, as I said I'm not going to spoil anything. I'm looking forward to talk about it tomorrow. Anyway, if someone wants to ask me something in private i'm available to answer you... but do specific questions (i've got no time or english skills to make a decent review) but my piece of advice is: just don't ask me anything, the premiere is close!
Did you like it?
I did, even if it's hard to judge a 18-hours movie from the first two hours. But I'm excited. The general audience is not going to love it, it's a Lynch film.
Great. A Lynch film is what I've been hoping for.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I'm torn between the desire to refresh this thread every few minutes on my phone because I need to share my excitement with like-minded fans and the terror that some bonehead is going to post a spoiler and I'll see it in the second before a mod deletes it, undermining my spoiler-free entry into the show so close to the moment.

Thanks, Drammatubero, for being so respectful! Your replies are perfect and make me even more excited.

Aside from the heartbreaking period when DKL bowed out, I've had zero problem with the wait thus far. But I can already feel that I'm gonna be a train wreck today.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Gutted to hear about the leak :(

Bet I get spoiled
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Gabriel »

Bookworm wrote:
Same. Coop had become my hero too. And I don't know -or more accurately I know and I fear- what seeing him possessed by Bob would do to me. I mean, after the end of the last episode of Original Run I was devastated. I'm not exaggerating there. I remained seated still trough all the end credits and after that, motionless, stunned, chocked and utterly grounded. I was 15 years old back then. I lived with my big sister all week long because I was schooled were she lived. It was maybe the best time of my young live. I lived with someone who really loved me, who cared for me. And we watched Twin Peaks together. She was the one to introduce me to the show.

Also, about familiar characters being now different persons; that worry me a bit, yes but you know what worry me more, what worried me since the revival announcement? I have changed since 25 years ago. I am a different person than back then. The mood, the time, the culture: it's back then and there VS today. So what if the Me I am now is too different from the Me I was then? What if the Me then immensely enjoyed and loved TP but the Me today don't anymore? I won't go as far as saying the answer to this question terrify me but still. If I don't enjoy that new season I would experience this as a treason.
Sorry for the slow reply many (many, many!) pages later; I moved home this week, so this is my first visit in a few days. Yes, your post sums up my hopes and fears and experiences to perfection. That said, I still very much enjoyed rewatching the old show and FWWM was an even better experience than before, so I'm very hopeful. :)
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Prediction: All the hot takes about the evils of nostalgia are about to be rewritten to blame not liking the premiere on something else.

Be real interesting to see how the fans take it. I myself am ready for anything.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ban count today: 1

If you've seen the show and want to comment on it even in a general way, use the spoiler tag.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

Had my first dream about the show in a long time lastnight ... before I would dream that it was disappointing this time all I dreamt was that we are getting the same opening credits as the original series.

Shall we take predictions on whether this comes true or not ? I for one actually think we will get something different in terms of opening credits this time around ..
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mistertom wrote:Had my first dream about the show in a long time lastnight ... before I would dream that it was disappointing this time all I dreamt was that we are getting the same opening credits as the original series.

Shall we take predictions on whether this comes true or not ? I for one actually think we will get something different in terms of opening credits this time around ..
This was discussed awhile ago in another thread, but I have a feeling it'll be something new. For one thing, I doubt the mill is still open or will play much of a role in the Return. Think it'll be the same music tho', probably a new recording.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Anything good on TV tonight?