NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by baxter »

Does this include the hulu Showtime addon? I'm sure I've read this somewhere on this thread, but it is horribly complicated to find out where.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

marchug wrote:What a fun decade it's been on this here Dugpa board. What a fantastic last couple of years! It is also time for me to go away as well. I am excited to take in all this new Twin peaks that's coming our way. It's so strange and lovely that something I know and love so much will never be the same in just 48 hours. I am going to spend the summer savouring it. Maybe I will see y'all again in the autumn? Who knows. Maybe next time you see me it will not be me.

And Mordeen - thanks for all your fantastic input these last few years. Sincerely.

See you on the other side people!
-Marc Francis
This is the post I was holding out hope lurking for. Glad things are cleared up! Now I can fade away with a lighter heart. Take care dude.

-Joel

P. S. You still have PMs from my outbox
Last edited by Mordeen on Sat May 20, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moving Through Time. . .
frankenhooker

Post by frankenhooker »

Twin Peaks community is just aces.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
comeongethappy

Post by comeongethappy »

Any other UK folks planning on watching the first two hours at 2am before, after avoiding all social media, watching the rest late on Monday?
frankenhooker

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by frankenhooker »

comeongethappy wrote:Any other UK folks planning on watching the first two hours at 2am before, after avoiding all social media, watching the rest late on Monday?
Nah. I'm going all the way through, four hours. Luckily, I'm self-employed.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:The tricky thing about critical responses is you have to know what their narrative assumptions and aesthetic values are before taking what they say seriously or not. For example, if they value traditional cause and effect, tight/quick pacing, and generic plot structure, then they probably won't be able to appreciate or praise the new Twin Peaks.

The perfect critic for Twin Peaks is someone who appreciates aesthetic norms being transgressed. Someone who appreciates the sublime effect of mystery, and how that experience is meant to estrange and free the viewer's perception. Someone who appreciates feelings and textures more than overt explanations.
This describes Matt Zoller Seitz very well. Of all the mainstream critics covering television right now, I believe he'll be the most ready to take this for what it is.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Lynch has generally gotten good critical praise for his works.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

LateReg wrote:If the "difficult" tweet coupled with the reddit comment about needing to have the original fresh in mind are to be taken at face value, I wonder if that means the new show starts off in the red room for a while.
What's the "difficult" tweet? Against my better judgment, I'm curious to know the first small tidbits of reaction. "Difficult" in what way?
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

comeongethappy wrote:Any other UK folks planning on watching the first two hours at 2am before, after avoiding all social media, watching the rest late on Monday?
That's exaclty my plan (Norway, so it's 3am)
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ray Wise, Sherilyn Fenn, Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Tom Sizemore, Michael Cera, Robert Knepper, who else wasn't there?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I'll watch live at 2am. Will go to my bed at 4, get up later on, drop the kids at the babysitters, back home to rewatch the first 2 eps with the wife (we both took the day off) then watch eps 3 and 4 together.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

IcedOver wrote:
LateReg wrote:If the "difficult" tweet coupled with the reddit comment about needing to have the original fresh in mind are to be taken at face value, I wonder if that means the new show starts off in the red room for a while.
What's the "difficult" tweet? Against my better judgment, I'm curious to know the first small tidbits of reaction. "Difficult" in what way?
Please go back around six pages. Thank you.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

I'm utterly useless at staying up late, and I need to watch and cherish this properly - so I'll be getting up at 6 or 7AM and watching all 4 eps on NOWTV...
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

IcedOver wrote:
A good way, apparently, given how the word was interspersed with heart eyes emojis!

I'm not sure about the reddit comment though. I mean, I'm sure it'll be easier to get one's bearings if one is familiar with many characters already, as well as with Lynch's narrative shorthand. A lot easier, okay. But wouldn't most of us say the same about FWWM, that it's impossible to follow without having seen the series? And yet there are fans who went in movie first, got it and loved it. And during one of my rewatches, I pretended to be ignorant of all things Twin Peaks, and found out that many scenes actually work very well as narrative exposition. Unbelievably dense, but it does tell you everything you need to know. Take Laura's arrival at school, her scenes with James and then Bobby: that's all anyone will ever need to know about the relationships between these characters.
Maybe it's something similar. Dense to the point of being almost impossible to take all in at once, but with all the necessary exposition thrown in.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

A little help from my friends? Who's this?
18582569_1964548503774076_5663705154694958652_n.jpg
18582569_1964548503774076_5663705154694958652_n.jpg (74.11 KiB) Viewed 10010 times