UK Release Season 2???

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Red Room wrote: It's frustrating as hell...
One can't help but wonder is this the equivilant of not being able to get the original pilot for US fans, only we can't get the entire second season... :( Disgraceful.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Simon

Post by Simon »

Well, personally, I've just ordered the second half of the German release. Of course, it depends on your preferences - I don't care too much about DVD extas myself - but the substantial content you will get is the same. In other words, when a UK release appears, it is going to be the same image and audio transfer as what has been released for Germany. So, for those who care deeply about getting all the extras, I guess you'll have to wait. But if a DVD-quality release of series 2 is all you are looking for, just order the German releases!
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

I've decided to get mine from the the US, as I want all Series 2 in one boxset. I'm not overly concerned with extras either, especially considering I've never even seen the series. For now I just want to be able to watch it and then buy FWWM. I'm sick of waiting so I hope that it will arrive in time for my birthday!

I managed to de-code my player a while back, and although it's on its last legs I hope that it will hold out long enough. Failing that I'll buy a new region free player.
ideasarelikefish

Post by ideasarelikefish »

I went for the US set too.

You just know with UK prices, half the season is going to be more expensive than the full set in R1 land.
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

I opted for the US set, even though I know I might get stung on import duty.

The thing is, I hate those 2.1 and 2.2 sets. If the US can get everything in one box, why can't we in Europe. I have no aversion to buying stuff with foreign text. I buy R3 discs with Chinese on them quite often, but I just hate splitting one season into two boxes. It's dumb!

Mine's on its way, anyway!
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

I've pretty much resigned myself to ordering the US set, as it seems to be the most economical way of getting the whole of Season 2, (plus I too prefer to have the whole series in a single box).

Where are most UK folks ordering from? So far the best deal I've seen on the US set is this:

£26.99 delivered http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/CAR ... ump-review

Can anyone top that?
Asterisk wrote:I opted for the US set, even though I know I might get stung on import duty.
Is this correct? Any ideas of the potential costs incurred?
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

I ordered mine from Play, since I've used their services for so long. It's my one-stop shop! But you can find it a couple of pounds cheaper at Movietyme.
minister_x

Post by minister_x »

It'll get hit by customs from Play

EDIT: And from the 1st April the RM has brought the customs handling fee up from £4 to £8 :shock:

I got mine here:

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/097360383447

Sent from inland Europe (so no customs - they pay them for you) and roughly the same price :)
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

minister_x wrote:I got mine here:

Sent from inland Europe (so no customs - they pay them for you) and roughly the same price :)
Fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up / info'. I guess I'll place my order there...
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

I used to never get hit by customs from Play, but they have been a lot more normal recently. But that's not the worst bit. The worst bit is the RM charge on top. It's outrageous and totally unjustifiable. It is all a massive pain in the ass.

Oh yeah, the costs: I don't know, but as I say, that's not the expensive bit. It's the Royal Mail handling charge (apparently now £8 !) on top that is the killer.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

There are a few guys on ebay that are selling the complete region 1 US edition for £25.99 plus £3.50 postage, from within the UK it seems, that would cut out the import duty and cheaper than the German ones.
Last edited by snikgrif on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

I went with amazon. It may not be the cheapest at first glance but in the end it tends to work out the same. Yeah, we will all get stung with various sorts of customs and delivery and handling..etc etc...But imagine how much two seperate box sets would cost and how frustrating it will be to wait!
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Red Room wrote:
minister_x wrote:I got mine here:

Fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up / info'. I guess I'll place my order there...
Finally ordered a Region 1 set via Axel (link above). I just couldn't wait any longer for news of a UK release, and seeing as I recently purchased a fab new region-free player it makes sense! ;-) Hopefully it'll arrive soon...

In the mean time I'll get my Lynch fix by seeing Inland Empire for the second time this coming Monday, this time with my wife :-)
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

I'm with Iar on this. Two R2 sets (parts 1 & 2) are going to cost around 50 clams; one complete R1 set, even with duty etc, is around 32/33. Easy decision. Plus I know I can rely on Play, whereas I've never used Axel or some of these other places.
ideasarelikefish

Post by ideasarelikefish »

You are most likely going to get stung by customs from Play.

Axel are a great company. Guaranteed no custom charges if you are in EU and its also the cheapest (for me being in UK anyway) - £24 del.

Also it bizarrely came in a Spider Man 2 collectors box which goes nicely with my Spider Man 1 & 2 DVDs. Anyone else get this?