NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

If she did go to Paris, that means she's trapped there, in France? :lol:

If they don't have a new old Donna, they'll need a new new Donna.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Revised Video
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Could you post or DM me the link to your video Krishnanspace? Doesn't show up on my phone browser.

Thanks.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

krishnanspace wrote:
Revised Video
Thanks!

Probably the first time taking DL out of something made it better. ;)
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

Am i the only one sensing a cabin on top of the mountain of the valley-shot? I thought of it ever since i saw the first production teaser, but i haven't been able to confirm it for myself. It also seems there is a path of some kind leading up to it. Maybe bad Coop's been hiding?
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Mordeen wrote:Seems to me the order of events in that official teaser is important.

-Mordeen
I agree. And it's seeming more and more like this new season is a love letter to us, the fans. Only the biggest fans of Twin Peaks would recognize the exterior of the Palmer house. I think there are a lot of casual viewers who watched some of the original series on Netflix, but never even saw FWWM.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Mordeen wrote:
Seems to me the order of events in that official teaser is important.
The Lodge being the first shot struck me as being very notable. All the following footage made me feel like the town was under a threat of some kind.
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

Fashion Suicide wrote:Am i the only one sensing a cabin on top of the mountain of the valley-shot? I thought of it ever since i saw the first production teaser, but i haven't been able to confirm it for myself. It also seems there is a path of some kind leading up to it. Maybe bad Coop's been hiding?
My guess is it's the little power station downstream of the falls observation deck.

Edit. Note that the building, the road to it, the bend in the river, and the mountains on the horizon all match up.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (45.99 KiB) Viewed 10466 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (191.3 KiB) Viewed 10466 times
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
Noidea

Post by Noidea »

keatonshat wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I am also working on removing the text from the forest footage from the recap video last week.If anyone wants the footage just pm me
i think there was a version of the tree footage in an Australian promo that doesnt have the text
Yes, Stan has posted several short teaser versions of their own. You can see them on their Facebook page. Most of them are fairly lame but the one with the trees had a slowed down version of the nightingale playing. There's another odd one of a ceiling fan speeding up.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Noidea wrote:
keatonshat wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I am also working on removing the text from the forest footage from the recap video last week.If anyone wants the footage just pm me
i think there was a version of the tree footage in an Australian promo that doesnt have the text
Yes, Stan has posted several short teaser versions of their own. You can see them on their Facebook page. Most of them are fairly lame but the one with the trees had a slowed down version of the nightingale playing. There's another odd one of a ceiling fan speeding up.
https://twitter.com/StanAustralia/statu ... 7970074626
:D
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Sorry if someone's already posted this, but I noticed on Showtime's tumblr page Annie is missing from the character descriptions and the episode descriptions for season 2 stop at episode 16.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

This hasn't been discussed. Does anyone wonder why the waterfall and the Great Northern aren't in the promo? I'm sure they won't be as focal to the return as they were in the original but that doesn't change the fact that I found their absence suspicious.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

OK,Bob wrote:
Fashion Suicide wrote:Am i the only one sensing a cabin on top of the mountain of the valley-shot? I thought of it ever since i saw the first production teaser, but i haven't been able to confirm it for myself. It also seems there is a path of some kind leading up to it. Maybe bad Coop's been hiding?
My guess is it's the little power station downstream of the falls observation deck.

Edit. Note that the building, the road to it, the bend in the river, and the mountains on the horizon all match up.
Yeah, you are probably right! Being a tad too obvious, maybe not the best place to hide anyway for bad Coop. ;)
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:This hasn't been discussed. Does anyone wonder why the waterfall and the Great Northern aren't in the promo? I'm sure they won't be as focal to the return as they were in the original but that doesn't change the fact that I found their absence suspicious.
The waterfall appears in the drone shot and in the promo with the cast interviews. The Great Northern appears in the EPK.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:This hasn't been discussed. Does anyone wonder why the waterfall and the Great Northern aren't in the promo? I'm sure they won't be as focal to the return as they were in the original but that doesn't change the fact that I found their absence suspicious.
The waterfall appears in the drone shot and in the promo with the cast interviews. The Great Northern appears in the EPK.

EPK?
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.