Twin Peaks world premiere in Cannes

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Venus
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks world premiere in Cannes

Post by Venus »

Cannes seem to be classing it as one of their 70th anniversary events: http://deadline.com/2017/04/cannes-film ... 202068596/

So glad this is happening. It just seems to fit right (plus it's a rather lovely place to visit for all those who will be in attendance on the red carpet!)

Welcome to Twin Peaks is also saying there will also be a Hollywood premiere too.
Last edited by Venus on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Twin Peaks premiering at Cannes was predicted on this board months ago.

That's great news for plenty of reasons.

If I were absurdly rich. I would totally be flying to France just to be first in line to see the new series. And on the big screen. How sweet would that be. ..?

I hope someone throws a contest to win tickets to that. If there any showtime execs lurking out there reading this. That would be a good spoiler free way to do some promotion.
DonnieB
Roadhouse Member

Post by DonnieB »

I'm not sure being rich is enough. Cannes is invite only, isn't it?
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

DonnieB wrote:I'm not sure being rich is enough. Cannes is invite only, isn't it?
And even then, doesn't guarantee you'll get to see everything you want. There's individual queues and tickets for basically every event
Driftwood
RR Diner Member

Post by Driftwood »

personally I'd hate to be seeing new twin peaks for the first time in a theater with a crowd of people and probably a bunch of twin peaks nerds who are going to hoot and hollar at every little thing. no offense to you all lol. I want to be completely closed off and absorbed in the thing.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

DonnieB wrote:I'm not sure being rich is enough. Cannes is invite only, isn't it?
Outdoor screenings are free.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
DonnieB
Roadhouse Member

Post by DonnieB »

Driftwood wrote:personally I'd hate to be seeing new twin peaks for the first time in a theater with a crowd of people and probably a bunch of twin peaks nerds who are going to hoot and hollar at every little thing. no offense to you all lol. I want to be completely closed off and absorbed in the thing.
100%. I don't even want another person in the room.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

DonnieB wrote:
Driftwood wrote:personally I'd hate to be seeing new twin peaks for the first time in a theater with a crowd of people and probably a bunch of twin peaks nerds who are going to hoot and hollar at every little thing. no offense to you all lol. I want to be completely closed off and absorbed in the thing.
Same here! And for once, my phone will be turned off! :lol:
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

You have no idea what it was to watch the Force Awakens in the middle of a crowd of die hard Star Wars fans. I was annoyed and I'm not even a fan of that franchise. So for Peaks is just me and myself.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

i love going to the theater. from what i understand there's quite a difference in "theater unwritten customs" in different countries. in Sweden people are always very quiet when we watch a movie in the theater.. at least the movies i watch (which is rarely mainstream stuff and Super Heroes movies, etc.). though i did watch "The Dark Knight Rises" in the theater and there was no hollering.

but yeah, i will be alone watching Twin Peaks revival too, shut off my phone, lower the lights and have my laptop on my belly so it takes up most of my seeing field. can't wait :) i hope we don't get a lot of spoilers presented after the early premier.

i think it's a good thing Lynch and Cannes has worked out a special screening though.. Despite FWWM's bad reception there, Lynch has a good history with Cannes and has often wanted to present his movies there. Despite not winning any awards "The Straight Story" got an extremely nice reception in '99 and in 2001 he won the best director prize.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

my girlfriend and I bought a projector a few months ago. It has great Quality, and we have a whole white wall to use as screen, so we will watch New TWIN PEAKS IN CINEMA! (a micro- home one, but with BIG Picture and loud sound).
We allready screaned (besides lots of other movies), ERASERHEAD, DUNE, FWWM & THE MISSING PIECES, TWIN PEAKS (both seasons in bluray) and soon we will watch LOST HIGHWAY, BLUE VELVET(the fan extended edit, the original we saw it at cinema in 35mm last year) and MULLHOLAND DRIVE....

CANT WAIT TILL MAY.21, WE WILL MAKE TONS OF COFFEE AND MAYBE CHERRY PIE!!!
Last edited by secretlettermkr on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

DonnieB wrote:

I completely agree. I will do it like this. I want to have all my senses in the first part. There will be time to debate later 8)
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

So Cannes is kicking off. Nice bit about TP and Cannes/Lynch and Lynch's relationship with Cannes here: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/m ... ts-netflix
Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by Qubism »

"DAVID LYNCH, 1990 winner of the Palme d’or with Wild at Heart, Best Director in 2001 with Mulholland Drive and President of the Jury in 2002, will return to the Festival to present Season 3 of Twin Peaks on Thursday 25th May at 7:30 PM in the Grand Théâtre Lumière."

WAAAAAAAAY after the global TV premiere, good thing too.

I left my rewatch to the last minute, I'm ploughing thru about 3 eps per night, into S2 npw, Maddy not dead yet....

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE RETURN !!!!!!!!
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »