NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Harry S. Truman »

laughingpinecone wrote:
LateReg wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:I doubt this thing about screening after the tv premiere to be true. Several outlets are reporting that it will screen in Cannes on the 21st. As such it is impossible for both things to be true. It would make little sense for Cannes to be the "re-run".
I was thinking maybe same time, somehow? How do the time zones work?
3 AM!
Very convenient for fellow Europeans who may or may not be planning to go to bed reeeal early that night to watch the simulcast: if they screen it a few hours in advance, we'll be snoring through it anyway. Spoiler-proof!
I will try to follow the premiere live despite the time ( 3 AM)
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Harry S. Truman wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:
LateReg wrote:
I was thinking maybe same time, somehow? How do the time zones work?
3 AM!
Very convenient for fellow Europeans who may or may not be planning to go to bed reeeal early that night to watch the simulcast: if they screen it a few hours in advance, we'll be snoring through it anyway. Spoiler-proof!
I will try to follow the premiere live despite the time ( 3 AM)
Better get that coffee ready, Harry!
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

"And you MAY see my face"

Looks like she's not sure she made it to the final cut, wonder if people on the list indeed got left out
DonnieB
Roadhouse Member

Post by DonnieB »

Don't take everything so literally.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

She definitely has the look of a Lynch heroine.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

DonnieB wrote:Don't take everything so literally.
Meh, it's a pretty recurrent thing around this board. :P
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

underthefan wrote:
dronerstone wrote:To be honest, any glimpse we have seen of S3 Coop so far gives me worries.

Not in a way that it's not good or anything, but I worry about Dale. He has an unfamiliar face. We have yet to see him smile.
Well, yeah, I mean, remember where we left Cooper off...
Yes. And that'S why I don't believe it is just his "neutral" face as someone implied above. There's something quite off about that expression of his in all the recent pics.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

dronerstone wrote:
underthefan wrote:
dronerstone wrote:To be honest, any glimpse we have seen of S3 Coop so far gives me worries.

Not in a way that it's not good or anything, but I worry about Dale. He has an unfamiliar face. We have yet to see him smile.
Well, yeah, I mean, remember where we left Cooper off...
Yes. And that'S why I don't believe it is just his "neutral" face as someone implied above. There's something quite off about that expression of his in all the recent pics.
Yeah, I agree with that, it's not a neutral face. This is a haunted Cooper, not the effervescent Cooper of his youth. I had the same feeling looking at Sheryl in EW and in Between Two Worlds - she looks haunted as well...
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

Don't worry, I'm sure Coop smiles when he's getting his murder on.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Exactly :-)

I have a meeting on that Monday morning that I'm flying to Europe for, but I'm hoping that jet lag enables me to wake up super early and at least watch the first part.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Just for some clarification I have long believed that episodes 1 and 2 would air then 3 and 4 were being streamed immediately after and then the following week 3 and 4 would air then we'd go single episodes 5-18 to finish it off.

My cousin was telling me today he read on reddit that episode 1 was all that would be airing but that it was in two parts and that 2 and 3 not 3 and 4 would be streamed after. So which one is it?
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:Just for some clarification I have long believed that episodes 1 and 2 would air then 3 and 4 were being streamed immediately after and then the following week 3 and 4 would air then we'd go single episodes 5-18 to finish it off.

My cousin was telling me today he read on reddit that episode 1 was all that would be airing but that it was in two parts and that 2 and 3 not 3 and 4 would be streamed after. So which one is it?
You're correct and your cousin is wrong.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

underthefan wrote:
dronerstone wrote:
underthefan wrote: Well, yeah, I mean, remember where we left Cooper off...
Yeah, I agree with that, it's not a neutral face. This is a haunted Cooper, not the effervescent Cooper of his youth. I had the same feeling looking at Sheryl in EW and in Between Two Worlds - she looks haunted as well...
Don't forget about MacLachlan's manners while sipping coffee in a promo video for some event that was made last September, I think - super creepy!
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Agent Earle wrote:
underthefan wrote:
dronerstone wrote:
Don't forget about MacLachlan's manners while sipping coffee in a promo video for some event that was made last September, I think - super creepy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIf3AhczxFI This one?
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.