[No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

[No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

Post by laughingpinecone »

In general, how do you feel about this veritable horde of new Frost+Lynch creations who are about to share a finite amount of screentime with the returning faves? Are you excited to get to know them? Worried they'll steal the spotlight? Are they a necessary evil to populate "Agent Cooper's odyssey"? More interesting than catching up with the aged-up old cast?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
tmurry
Roadhouse Member

Re: [No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

Post by tmurry »

I couldn't be more psyched. We have 18 hours and this is a whole new palette for Lynch to paint with. It really adds to my excitement.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Very curious, in fact even more excited about the newcomers, since so much acting talent is involved. Especially interested in what Naomi Watts, Laura Dern, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tim Roth and Tom Sizemore bring to the table.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
the woods
Roadhouse Member

Post by the woods »

i'm most looking forward to seeing candy clark - one of my all time favorite actresses!

i could still be very wrong...but i still wonder if some of the younger new cast members might be portraying older cast members in the past.
next step: rocket science!
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

I'm excited, but, it's hard to be super excited since we know zip about any of them (that is to say, beyond "Yeah, Tim Roth! Laura Dern! Sharon Van Etten!!!")

The old characters at least are known quantities, so, I'm currently most excited about seeing them.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I'm thrilled at the prospect of Laura Dern, Naomi Watts, and Jennifer Jason Leigh having big roles. Watts in particular, since I adore her in Mulholland Drive but haven't been crazy about the other projects I've seen her in since.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Rudagger wrote:I'm excited, but, it's hard to be super excited since we know zip about any of them (that is to say, beyond "Yeah, Tim Roth! Laura Dern! Sharon Van Etten!!!")

The old characters at least are known quantities, so, I'm currently most excited about seeing them.
Agreed. Plus other than a few of the new cast, we have no idea on role size. So many of these people might pop up for one scene.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I have a feeling some of the new cast members will have larger rolls than many of the returning ones. This includes not only the bigger names but also younger actors such as Jane Levy (who strikes me as a potential lead in the series), Virginia Kull, Caleb Landry Jones, Jay R. Ferguson, Francesca Eastwood, and aome others. The show is (hopefully) not going to be just a reunion and catch-up, so the more that it focuses on new characters and mysteries and away from actors who have barely worked in 26 years, the better. Who knows, though?
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Jane Levy has said she filmed one scene.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: [No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

Post by Panapaok »

N. Needleman wrote:Jane Levy has said she filmed one scene.
I think she said that she'll appear in only one episode but I'm not sure.

Anyway, obviously excited for the new cast members. Forster, Roth, Dern, Watts and Belushi are some of my most anticipated.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Amy Shiels....
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

the woods wrote:i'm most looking forward to seeing candy clark - one of my all time favorite actresses!
Agreed!!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Agent327
Roadhouse Member

Post by Agent327 »

I'm actually more excited about the potential of new characters and actors than I am about the old cast. Blasphemy!
Well, no. I love the cast from the original, nothing will beat that, but you cannot deny the link between that cast and the sweet spot in time relating to them. I'm more exited about casting that purely serves the show and it's energy rather than the other way around; rather than a show that has to be tailored in a specific manner because you "have" to include them.

Not that the new show needs to be super close to the spirit of the old show, and though it may sound strange to some, I believe you could get closer to the spirit and the feel of the old series using primarily a NEW really well-cast group of actors, rather than actors who are now naturally even further from their original roles than a new cast consisting of somewhat corresponding (without being copies by any means) actors. That said, I do really look forward to seeing the old cast again, and at the very least will be interesting.
Last edited by Agent327 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Soolsma wrote:Amy Shiels....
I'm curious, have you seen her in something else that she was really good in? I hadn't heard of her before the casting announcement.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Not at all, definitely don't plan on checking her out before S3 either. In general I just love fresh faces, and hers speaks to me especially. What I truly dislike about an overabundance of Hollywood productions is that they're always looking for established names to accompany their product, and rather pick that than a more risky choice with someone who might fit so snugly within a role but didn't get their chance to fully show their potential yet, and in turn, are left on the sideline again. As a polar opposite of that, we all know Lynch has this incredible knack for sniffing out talent by simply observing and talking to someone, then truly unlocking ones potential and accomplish so much more than most other directors would even dare to try. As a perfect example of this, to this day, I have barely ever seen a performance as powerful as Lee's in FWWM.

Besides Chrysta Bell, she was featured in the cast promo video and did a voice on the audiobook of TSHOTP (still don't know which voice! Anyone???). I like to think that says something.

My gut tells me something is up with her and sparked my interest, of course I know jack shit about these things, but hey, a man can dream. That and I think she's pretty, only a year younger than I am too!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."