The Air is on Fire - DL exhibition

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kelvah
Roadhouse Member

The Air is on Fire - DL exhibition

Post by kelvah »

Here's some pictures of the paris exhibition that opened a couple of weeks ago. These pics are published by the italian magazine "L'Espresso".

Photo: Patrick Gries © David Lynch
knowthyself

Post by knowthyself »

These pictures are amazing. I really wish I could visit this exhibit.
I will be getting the art book coming out in april.
LauraPalmer
Roadhouse Member

Post by LauraPalmer »

amazing!! thanks so much for posting!!! :P
zachary_mayo

Post by zachary_mayo »

I went to the exhibition last week, and I can tell you that they did a great work.

And the art book is awesome and definitive. 500 pages, with two CD's (which contain a recent interview), it's the most complete Lynch book we've ever seen and we'll ever see.
Blood.Sleep.

Post by Blood.Sleep. »

I didn't know that a book of this exhibition was coming out! Can't find ANY info about it. Where did you hear about this??? I'm very excited! Please let me know any links or info. :shock:
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

About the book, amazon seems to have delayed the release date to may (i fear this may just be a tentative date) and the cover art is gone from there as well (they also list it as 248 pgs and don't mention cd's though the book is somewhat expensive) did they actually sell the book at the expo ???
zachary_mayo

Post by zachary_mayo »

Yes, you can buy the book (456 pages with 2 cd's) at the exbition, but you can also order it from amazon.fr

There are two versions of this book, one in french, and one in english.

I don't know which one is sold on the french amazon. The book description says "english", but it also says the book is 250 pages long, which it's not, so...
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Thanks Zachary I'll try ordering it from amazon.fr if it turns out to be in french i guess i can consider returning it since their description states that it's in "Anglais" :-)
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

The text at the front of the book is pretty much just a transcript of the interview on the 2 CDs so if you're sent the French edition you're not missing anything. The rest of the book is all pictures.
Blood.Sleep.

Post by Blood.Sleep. »

Thanks so much for the info guys. I just ordered my book a few days ago and can't wait to see a bulk of Lynch work.

Yay.
Renton13

Post by Renton13 »

Hi, guys!
I'm a newbie from Italy.
I've just ordered my copy of the catalague from Amazon.fr
Yes, it says it's in english...I strongly hope so! I also ordered the book Snowmen, an exclusive of the exhibit.
But the thing that bothers me is: the pages of the catalogue; the Fondation Cartier website states that the book is almost 500 pages long; could it be possible that two versions exist, with the same price but with a different amount of pages?
I'm quite worried, since I won't be able to go to Paris and buy a catalogue myself.
Plus: do you know if at the exhibit they're selling printed reproductions (like posters) of the pictures?

Thanks for the infos!
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Re: ...

Post by Red Room »

eyeboogers wrote:I'll try ordering it from amazon.fr if it turns out to be in french i guess i can consider returning it since their description states that it's in "Anglais" :-)
Please let us know if the text is indeed English once you've received your copy. Many thanks!
benjamin

Post by benjamin »

I pre-ordered a copy from amazon.com, it said it was in english and to be released on april 16th
Blood.Sleep.

Post by Blood.Sleep. »

I just got my copy from amazon.fr and it's all in french. I don't really mind though because it's mostly pictures and the book came with the actual interview in english on a cd.

Really good buy.
Renton13

Post by Renton13 »

Blood.Sleep. wrote:I just got my copy from amazon.fr and it's all in french. I don't really mind though because it's mostly pictures and the book came with the actual interview in english on a cd.

Really good buy.
Thanks for the info!

Number of pages?