NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by BEARisonFord »

mine wrote: And Jim Belushi. I think it's a safe bet he isn't playing a nuanced dramatic part.
What makes you think that? Belushi has probably played more dramatic roles than comedic. If anything, I'd bet money he's playing a Mr. Eddy-type.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I wouldn't be too surprised if Lynch manages to squeeze something completely new out of an actor instead of abiding to typecasting standards
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jacob »

BEARisonFord wrote:
mine wrote: And Jim Belushi. I think it's a safe bet he isn't playing a nuanced dramatic part.
What makes you think that? Belushi has probably played more dramatic roles than comedic. If anything, I'd bet money he's playing a Mr. Eddy-type.
From what we read and saw in the past, Jim Belushi isn't playing a comedic part AT ALL. But I don't want to get into spoiler territory !

About the "Potemkine spoiler", without saying too much about it since it's a pretty big thing, it really made me think of Mulholland Drive's scene at the Dinner. With Patrick Fischler, the psychiatrist and Bum being replaced by you know who ;-)
mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Post by mujubuju »

Jacob wrote:
BEARisonFord wrote:
From what we read and saw in the past, Jim Belushi isn't playing a comedic part AT ALL. But I don't want to get into spoiler territory !

About the "Potemkine spoiler", without saying too much about it since it's a pretty big thing, ;-)
"I don't want to go into spoiler territory but let me describe what the scene is similar to and who may be in it!"
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

If someone in the mass media spoils Season 3 I will be very disappointed. But if someone from the dugpa forum spoils it, I am going to be crushed.
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Mace wrote:If someone in the mass media spoils Season 3 I will be very disappointed. But if someone from the dugpa forum spoils it, I am going to be crushed.
You may want to temper those expectations.
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

Duly noted. Until the show airs, "I will be in the shadows."
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Eh, the board policy could not be clearer, and the same goes for the wishes of the creators. Also frankly I don't think people here are that shit. I am worried about something coming unbidden into my timeline, but not from here.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think it's a big mistake based on what we had seen in the past to assume Belushi's part has no comedy to it, and that's all I'm saying about that.

As for SXSW, is a Twin Peaks presence confirmed, or just a Showtime one?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jacob »

mujubuju wrote:
Jacob wrote:
BEARisonFord wrote:

About the "Potemkine spoiler", without saying too much about it since it's a pretty big thing, ;-)
"I don't want to go into spoiler territory but let me describe what the scene is similar to and who may be in it!"
If you understood who's in the Potemkine scene just by reading what I wrote, you have some amazing psychic power. Some posts before me have said much more specific things than mine.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Happy Twin Peaks Day everybody, this is our year :D
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Re: the 'spoiler': It's not much, but I find it incredibly evocative. You know, I myself would probably call it fanboyism in a different context - especially given that we know next to nothing about the project other than the names behind it - however, I can't help but feel like those few sentences were enough to sense the spirit of the whole thing, and I love it.
mujubuju wrote:"I don't want to go into spoiler territory but let me describe what the scene is similar to and who may be in it!"
I'm guessing you haven't read it, so let me assure you that he said nothing really resembling what the scene is like(besides the general feel), let alone who's in it.

Plot-wise, as far as I can tell, it reveals nothing. We have had much bigger revelations in that department. Of course, it could turn out to be a major spoiler once we have some context for the scene - but I strongly doubt it, given the way it was 'leaked'. It's a shot from a documentary for Christ's sake, one that Lynch himself must've seen. Unless he cares as little about this sort of thing as he does for tie-in books - which, again, I doubt, since the documentary crew was clearly allowed near parts of the script. Lynch is very protective of it and I don't buy it for a second that this is how something would leak unless it's just the breadcrumb that it looks to be. I'm not saying this was necessarily orchestrated, just that it's no big deal.
I'll see you in the trees
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Major Briggs wrote:Happy Twin Peaks Day everybody, this is our year :D
Same to you and everyone! I hope we get some kind of teaser to befit the occasion.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Major Briggs wrote: this is our year :D
Took a long time to come...
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

ForKeeps wrote:
Major Briggs wrote: this is our year :D
Took a long time to come...
A-MEN! (Although, having been reminded today of the once-mooted woeful ted raimi s3 plot, I suggest we not jinx it with zombies talk)

Looking over issue 1 of a contemporary magazine dedicated to twin peaks today, a first for me and not something I could have anticipated a few years ago. It's only just struck me how much we have to come - the monumental thing itself of course, but après ça, le déluge... By September, it'll all be over bar the shouting, but what shouting! Newly un-NDA'd actors spilling their guts, bloggers and podcasters attempting a forensic examination (another 25 years' worth of work), frost's next book, fora abuzz with theories and tantrums, and oh, the memes!

I have an intuition that this will be the last time these two work together, but I think we'll be more than happy with what we get.