NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by N. Needleman »

dkenny78 wrote:So I don't think the show will open with a 'previously on Twin Peaks' which will ultimately serve to alienate a new audience.
We're all aware of that. We just thought it would be funny after 25+ years. It's a gag.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

N. Needleman wrote: We're all aware of that. We just thought it would be funny after 25+ years. It's a gag.
Even funnier would be a bunch of scenes from a non-existent episode set right before the the start and of the new show. See lots of random scenes and snippets of conversations between old characters and characters we've never seen before talking about things we nothing about. Then a voiceover comes on saying: 'And now the conclusion...'
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

-Mädchen Amick
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 6.45.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 6.45.08 PM.png (19.5 KiB) Viewed 8530 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Character posters on the way :D
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:-Mädchen Amick
Please do some great photo shoots and character poster for S3. The photo shoots from the original were great.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

I'm not aware of the usual practices for promotional photo shoots, wouldn't it make more sense to take those pics close to filming instead of having everyone go back to their characters' haircuts etc one year later?

Anyway I hope we'll be looking at massive quantities of set pics and promotional shoots and photos of all kinds once the show airs.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

laughingpinecone wrote:I'm not aware of the usual practices for promotional photo shoots, wouldn't it make more sense to take those pics close to filming instead of having everyone go back to their characters' haircuts etc one year later?
You're right- and I'm pretty sure all the promo stuff from the original series was done at the same time as filming. If Madchen is indeed referring to something TP related, it could be for a magazine? Something like Entertainment Weekly?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Ross wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:I'm not aware of the usual practices for promotional photo shoots, wouldn't it make more sense to take those pics close to filming instead of having everyone go back to their characters' haircuts etc one year later?
You're right- and I'm pretty sure all the promo stuff from the original series was done at the same time as filming. If Madchen is indeed referring to something TP related, it could be for a magazine? Something like Entertainment Weekly?
If it is about TP - which is debatable - something like EW would be my best bet.

I do hope they did a shoot during, a la the original seasons. Who knows with Lynch.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Nice, can't wait. EW sounds very likely, they always have the best exclusives (although they have terrible covers, ugh).
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Feels a little early for a major EW story on Twin Peaks. And there's still not really anything new to report...
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

madeleineferguson wrote:Feels a little early for a major EW story on Twin Peaks. And there's still not really anything new to report...
A photo shoot now for a story to be published in April or May? Sounds about right to me.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

polishq wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:Feels a little early for a major EW story on Twin Peaks. And there's still not really anything new to report...
A photo shoot now for a story to be published in April or May? Sounds about right to me.
It's January.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

I agree. I'm not getting my hopes up.
The cow jumped over the moon.
sp.agent.dalecooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by sp.agent.dalecooper »

Sorry, but what other BIG projects is Madchen involved in that have to remain so secretive but yet that she has such excitement to at least tease? Regardless of the specifics, I'd bet the farm its Peaks related. And I'm excited for Madchen in S3. Hope she has a big/interesting role. Lynch has remained fond of her throughout(as evidence by her inclusion in some of the weird interviews and promos over the past decade) and I think he appreciates her humbleness, lack of drama, and true appreciation for what Twin Peaks did for her.
FauxOwl
RR Diner Member

Post by FauxOwl »

I'm sure this has already been posted here, but I'm wondering why the countdown is different than the the one at the top of this site?

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/countdown/