Which actors from the Original Series will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Which actors from the Original Series will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Michael J. Anderson | LMFAP
4%
Robert Bauer | Johnny Horne
7%
Lara Flynn Boyle | Donna Hayward
2%
Ian Buchanan | Dick Tremayne
2%
Joan Chen | Josie Packard
10%
Eric Da Re | Leo Johnson
1%
Mary Jo Deschanel | Eileen Hayward
1%
Lenny von Dohlen | Harold Smith
1%
Heather Graham | Annie Blackburn
27%
Piper Laurie | Catherine Martell
8%
Robyn Lively | Lana Budding Milford
1%
Brenda Mathers | Caroline Earle
No votes
Chris Mulkey | Hank Jennings
2%
Michael Ontkean | Harry Truman
25%
Brett Vadset | Joey Paulson
No votes
Jessica Wallenfels | Harriett Hayward
No votes
Kenneth Welsh | Windom Earle
5%
Kevin Young | Toad
2%
Billy Zane | John Justice Wheeler
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 165
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

It is unfathomable that there will be no casting surprises in the new season of Twin Peaks.

Here is a list of 19 living actors who were all a part of the Original Series of Twin Peaks, but who were not on the cast list of 217 released by David Lynch on April 25, 2016.

Choose 3 actors who you hope make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks. The poll function on this site only allows 20 choices per poll, so someone you're hoping for may not be on this list. In that case, please choose "Other" and write in your choice.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Re: Which actors from the Original Series will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Post by bob_wooler »

My votes go just as much to the actors/characters I believe are more likely to make a surprise cameo. Hope that's ok :wink:
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: Which actors from the Original Series will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Post by Panapaok »

Heather Graham is the most likely but I voted for Ontkean simply because I can't imagine Twin Peaks without Harry. :cry:
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

H-harry... :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops:
...whom I also believe to be the most likely candidate, with Annie as a close second and Josie as a distant third.
And I wonder if we'll ever find out what went on with Johnny Horne. And Harriet!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Bauer was seen on location, so he's either in it or his scene(s) were cut. So eventually we'll find out what happened there.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

There's been a lot of talk that the cast list refers to speaking cast members only, so maybe Bauer is still in.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I've thought about this a lot. I think that list of 217 actors was meant to keep us occupied, and quiet.

On April 25, 2016, the editing process of Twin Peaks still had a long way to go. There is no way Lynch or Showtime was in a position to definitively say there were 217 cast members with lines, without lines or whatever. The final count on the cast likely wouldn't be determined for months, until all editing on the new season was completed. Probably, it's still not determined today.

I believe 217 was the number chosen because the series will return in 2017. And perhaps there are around 200 cast members.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

madeleineferguson wrote:I've thought about this a lot. I think that list of 217 actors was meant to keep us occupied, and quiet.

On April 25, 2016, the editing process of Twin Peaks still had a long way to go. There is no way Lynch or Showtime was in a position to definitively say there were 217 cast members with lines, without lines or whatever. The final count on the cast likely wouldn't be determined for months, until all editing on the new season was completed. Probably, it's still not determined today.

I believe 217 was the number chosen because the series will return in 2017. And perhaps there are around 200 cast members.
Agreed- there was still a lot of editing to do, so some of those people might not have made the final cut. Basically they filmed parts.

And as far as the list only being speaking parts, that was just an assumption. I don't think we have anything to go on there. In fact the list has stunt people and musicians on it that very well might not have speaking roles.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
yogamble

Post by yogamble »

I really hope TMFAP shows up. All this facebook nonsense could just be smoking mirrors to elicit a pleasant surprise. I hope I hope. Would also love to see Truman show up.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

yogamble wrote:I really hope TMFAP shows up. All this facebook nonsense could just be smoking mirrors to elicit a pleasant surprise. I hope I hope. Would also love to see Truman show up.
There is absolutely no way MJA shows up. He was accusing Lynch of raping his own daughter on Facebook- that's not smoke and mirrors about S3...
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

I agree. MJA burned his bridge to TP forever.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Yeah, I can't imagine the LMFAP turning up onscreen and MJA doing some press and saying 'yeah, all that stuff accusing David Lynch of incest and murder was just a joke to throw you off the trail that I'd appear in the show for 15 minutes'.

He's done.

And good riddance.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Ghoul

Post by Ghoul »

Come on, cut MJA some slack! He IS, after all, the origigi Little Man from Another Place!
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

No.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I've already spotted three names on that poll that have been confirmed as "in" from various reliable sources, including eyewitnesses.

My non-spoiler vote goes to Ontkean.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .