wow, just wow

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LauraPalmer
Roadhouse Member

wow, just wow

Post by LauraPalmer »

so i saw inland empire tonight and i am still processing it... i really don't know what to say about it. i think that what one reviewer on metacritic said sort of sums it up (paraphrase) "this is the closest we're going to see what the movie in david lynch's head looks like".

i found it dark and disturbing. it may not be my favorite dl film (although, it also could become my favorite, who knows) but i think it is his most artistic and possibly best film yet. there was just so much to take in...

i think it will have to sink in awhile... i also think it will be a movie that is studied and discussed for many years......

:idea:
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I agree, I'm still processing it too. I saw IE when it opened here at the Paramount Theater with DL himself intro'ing the film and with a Q&A afterward. Then it only played a week at a local art house theater. I didn't get to see it again. I plan on buying the DVD and watching it over and over again until I totally grok it!
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

I will finally get to see Inland Empire whilst on business in London tomorrow - It doesn't open in my local-ish cinema for another month.

I'm as excited as a child on Xmas Eve, lol! I'll report back here later in the week with my thoughts...