'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/

Post by Hockey Mask »

Jerry Horne wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Interesting that the UK version of the book seems to have an additional 52 pages... Amazon.com lists the book as having 304 pages whilst Amazon.co.uk lists it as having 356...
Probably just a typo on Amazon's part.
UK version includes Missing Pieces. ;)
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Bwahahaha
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Jerry Horne wrote:Official cover:
Great Cover!!!

Eager to have you in my hands
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Soolsma wrote:http://www.thesecrethistoryoftwinpeaks.com now leads here: http://us.macmillan.com/static/fib/twin-peaks/

I hope there'll be more soon..
Over time, they will be adding content
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Soolsma wrote:http://www.thesecrethistoryoftwinpeaks.com now leads here: http://us.macmillan.com/static/fib/twin-peaks/

I hope there'll be more soon..
That page looks great. I'm still pinching myself that we're getting 300+ pages of literary canon in just a few months.

dugpa needs to make a place holder thread for "SPOILERS: The Secret History of Twin Peaks SPOILER Thread" before the book drops so we don't get 128763125 separate threads to have a discussion about the content.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

But what are chances there'll be any spoilers? I mean pretty much every spoiler we have on S3 leaked through the production process. We won't be able to have any information on Frost's writing process through leaks.

Is it common for book reviews appear before the actual release? I wouldn't know since I barely ever read book reviews.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

The book is being released in conjunction with the series. It's not like Frost went rogue and is doing this on his own to cash in. There won't be anything in the book they don't want us to know before the show airs.

I can understand people wanting to go into the new series completely blind, but there's no need for a separate thread. Who would enter this thread after it's release if they're not going to read it/don't want to know it's contents?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I was speaking more to the idea of having that thread for people who have already read it, to protect folks who haven't yet. I know I wouldn't want details from the book leaking out all over the forum if I had to wait a few days or weeks to read it.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Ah ok, I thought you meant pre-release.

And Forkeeps I mean spoilers for the book itself, not spoilers for the series from the book
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

We expect people reading this thread to have read it on release day or shortly thereafter. If anybody is going to delay reading it, then they are going to have to avoid this thread until they have done so. Spoiler warning will be added once the book streets or the first review goes out.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Jerry Horne wrote:We expect people reading this thread to have read it on release day or shortly thereafter. If anybody is going to delay reading it, then they are going to have to avoid this thread until they have done so. Spoiler warning will be added once the book streets or the first review goes out.
Sounds good, from what I gather it will be available October 20th in the UK, so will definitely avoid this thread the first few days until I have caught up!

Really excited to uncover the secrets of the past 25 years... I can't even begin to wonder what to expect. The next 8 months are for sure going to be very long!
The next time you see me it won't be me...
TheMx

Post by TheMx »

The book release is almost as exciting as the new series for me. As most of you do, I got a feeling that it will be much more than a prologue to the new season and a means to tie up less important unfinished storylines.
So many awesome things and potential stories have only been hinted at in the show/movie. Project blue book, Major Briggs' work in the military, the bookhouse boys, the lodges and their connection to the native americans who (presumably) first settled in TP, the owl cave...
I guess we'll learn quite a bit more about some of those. :)
"I am 100% sure that we're not completely sure"
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

And it's been figured out in conjunction with Lynch so it will give us an idea as to what will likely not be emphasized in the new season.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

At the end, the book it will be a conventional novel, or be a mixture of dossiers, police reports, newspaper clippings as it was rumored, ??