Shopping list

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Shopping list

Post by eyeboogers »

David Lynch is going to make me a poor poor man this year, there's so many books, dvd's etc. coming out this year i thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread that's an overview over what's coming out and when.

"Twin Peaks" season 2 DVD's : entire season boxset due out april 10th in the U.S, europe gets the season in two parts the first coming out end of january the second in april.

"Twin Peaks" season 2 soundtrack : Probably due out in late spring, anyone have anything more solid ?

"Catching The Big Fish" book and/or audiobook out now.

"Dynamic:1" due out january 30.

"The Air Is On Fire" art book (follow up to the hard to find "Images") out april 18.

"INLANDEMPIRE" dvd : have no clue when this is out , or even when it'll premiere in most of the world, but i assume it's coming out no later than this fall.

Did I forget anything ??
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Re: Shopping list

Post by Red Room »

eyeboogers wrote:Did I forget anything ??
Yes: Mulholland Drive - Special Edition DVD (Region 2)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Luckily the series 2 DVDs are a little bit cheaper than I was expecting. I ordered the German set of the first half for less than 30 Euros. It helps that I'm in the UK and get a good exchange rate on imports, but even so, it's a lot cheaper than for series 1. Amazon.com are currently pre-selling the whole series 2 region 1 set for $37. Bargain!
Derf Elot

Post by Derf Elot »

don't forget the "complete mystery" package of TP due in october containing S1 (with a remastered pilot from what i was told), S2 as well as FWWM :)
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Where did you hear about the "complete mystery package?" I don't have any Twin Peaks on DVD, so that would be perfect for me!
Derf Elot

Post by Derf Elot »

i read about this on several websites, admittedly mainly german ones though. on the german amazon you can already place a pre-order: http://www.amazon.de/Twin-Peaks-The-Com ... UTF8&s=dvd

no details on what exactly is included, but almost certainly the pilot/s1/s2. rumors have it that the fire walk with me movie will also be in there, according to this website for example: http://www.widescreen-online.de/?article_id=536881

edit: these guys also list FWWM to be in there (all the way at the bottom): http://www.sign4sale.de/pages/tpdvd.html
Last edited by Derf Elot on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Re: Shopping list

Post by jmichael »

eyeboogers wrote:"Twin Peaks" season 2 soundtrack : Probably due out in late spring, anyone have anything more solid ?
According to Angelo's MySpace page the season 2 soundtrack cd will definitely release at the same time as the season 2 dvds. What's not known is when the "More Music from Twin Peaks" cd will come out. That's the one that's supposed to have unreleased tracks from season 1, season 2 and FWWM. My guess is that might time out with a dvd release of "Inland Empire."
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I absolutely can not wait until the Twin Peaks Season 2 Soundtrack CD and the "More Twin Peaks" CD come out. I think I'm more excited about the music releases than the Season 2 DVD releases.

-B
imhotep

Post by imhotep »

What is Dynamic:1?
And the book, what is it about?

thx
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Dynamic:1 is the dvd collection of shorts, experimental material and Q&A sessions from DavidLynch.com

"Catching the Big Fish" is a book on creativity and meditation.
imhotep

Post by imhotep »

Thanks.
I'll look for them.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

And if the deleted scenes come with FWWM as part of the Complete Mystery that will be perfect!
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
LauraPalmer
Roadhouse Member

Post by LauraPalmer »

whoa - i didn't know about a new art book!!!! yay!! :P
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I posted this elsewhere on the boards but the film NADJA was co-execproduced by DL and he is in one scene as well.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.