Fargo season 2

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Post Reply
User avatar
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Fargo season 2

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

lol
CVZlJjmXAAEXMKe.jpg
CVZlJjmXAAEXMKe.jpg (32.44 KiB) Viewed 8834 times
User avatar
FauxOwl
RR Diner Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Re: Fargo season 2

Post by FauxOwl »

There was definitely a very strong BOB vibe to the Hanzee character in the finale (you'll know what I'm talking about if you see it). I enjoyed season 2 so much more than season 1 which I thought was overrated. Noah Hawley does seem to be a bit of... I suppose you'd call it a post modernist? I'm not entirely sure what that term means since it tends to be used so differently, but essentially like Tarantino he likes to imitate and rework tropes from existing works... in this case obviously the film Fargo and other Coen Brothers crime films, but also Tarantino and this season especially had some Twin Peaks influence as well. Somehow I felt he hit the notes better with the second season, though much of the same thing was done in season 1. It just felt more disingenuous and more derivative of better work the first time around.
User avatar
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Fargo season 2

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

FauxOwl wrote:There was definitely a very strong BOB vibe to the Hanzee character in the finale (you'll know what I'm talking about if you see it). I enjoyed season 2 so much more than season 1 which I thought was overrated. Noah Hawley does seem to be a bit of... I suppose you'd call it a post modernist? I'm not entirely sure what that term means since it tends to be used so differently, but essentially like Tarantino he likes to imitate and rework tropes from existing works... in this case obviously the film Fargo and other Coen Brothers crime films, but also Tarantino and this season especially had some Twin Peaks influence as well. Somehow I felt he hit the notes better with the second season, though much of the same thing was done in season 1. It just felt more disingenuous and more derivative of better work the first time around.
The fire and the flash of his face in the dream as something evil: I think now it's safe to say Hanzee was Fargo's BOB lol.

But I'm quite the opposite regarding both seasons. I think this season had its moments but overall I thought it was quite overrated.
Season 1 was miles away better. Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman alone were better than the entire second season.
User avatar
kafard
RR Diner Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:14 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Fargo season 2

Post by kafard »

Uhm...

Yep, I know it is very constructif but I was reading....
A french little guy named : Dam.
User avatar
Annie
Global Moderator
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Fargo season 2

Post by Annie »

Hi kafard; I haven't talked to you in forever! Hope your holidays are great!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
User avatar
kafard
RR Diner Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:14 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Fargo season 2

Post by kafard »

Annie wrote:Hi kafard; I haven't talked to you in forever! Hope your holidays are great!
Hey Annie! I'm fine, well.. I try :)
Hope your holidays were great and... a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you! :-)
A french little guy named : Dam.
User avatar
Gabriel
Great Northern Member
Posts: 787
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Re: Fargo season 2

Post by Gabriel »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote: The fire and the flash of his face in the dream as something evil: I think now it's safe to say Hanzee was Fargo's BOB lol.
Indeed, although Lorna Malvo still wasted him in season one, meaning Malvo was probably an even worse evil!
User avatar
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Fargo season 2

Post by Soolsma »

Season 3 started out great!!!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
User avatar
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Fargo season 2

Post by chromereflectsimage »

It great to see Ray Wise in the latest Fargo episode, bonus was new TP cast member Francesca Eastwood as well!
Post Reply