Fargo season 2

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Fargo season 2

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

lol
CVZlJjmXAAEXMKe.jpg
CVZlJjmXAAEXMKe.jpg (32.44 KiB) Viewed 12343 times
FauxOwl
RR Diner Member

Re: Fargo season 2

Post by FauxOwl »

There was definitely a very strong BOB vibe to the Hanzee character in the finale (you'll know what I'm talking about if you see it). I enjoyed season 2 so much more than season 1 which I thought was overrated. Noah Hawley does seem to be a bit of... I suppose you'd call it a post modernist? I'm not entirely sure what that term means since it tends to be used so differently, but essentially like Tarantino he likes to imitate and rework tropes from existing works... in this case obviously the film Fargo and other Coen Brothers crime films, but also Tarantino and this season especially had some Twin Peaks influence as well. Somehow I felt he hit the notes better with the second season, though much of the same thing was done in season 1. It just felt more disingenuous and more derivative of better work the first time around.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

FauxOwl wrote:There was definitely a very strong BOB vibe to the Hanzee character in the finale (you'll know what I'm talking about if you see it). I enjoyed season 2 so much more than season 1 which I thought was overrated. Noah Hawley does seem to be a bit of... I suppose you'd call it a post modernist? I'm not entirely sure what that term means since it tends to be used so differently, but essentially like Tarantino he likes to imitate and rework tropes from existing works... in this case obviously the film Fargo and other Coen Brothers crime films, but also Tarantino and this season especially had some Twin Peaks influence as well. Somehow I felt he hit the notes better with the second season, though much of the same thing was done in season 1. It just felt more disingenuous and more derivative of better work the first time around.
The fire and the flash of his face in the dream as something evil: I think now it's safe to say Hanzee was Fargo's BOB lol.

But I'm quite the opposite regarding both seasons. I think this season had its moments but overall I thought it was quite overrated.
Season 1 was miles away better. Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman alone were better than the entire second season.
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

Uhm...

Yep, I know it is very constructif but I was reading....
A french little guy named : Dam.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hi kafard; I haven't talked to you in forever! Hope your holidays are great!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

Annie wrote:Hi kafard; I haven't talked to you in forever! Hope your holidays are great!
Hey Annie! I'm fine, well.. I try :)
Hope your holidays were great and... a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you! :-)
A french little guy named : Dam.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote: The fire and the flash of his face in the dream as something evil: I think now it's safe to say Hanzee was Fargo's BOB lol.
Indeed, although Lorna Malvo still wasted him in season one, meaning Malvo was probably an even worse evil!
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Season 3 started out great!!!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

It great to see Ray Wise in the latest Fargo episode, bonus was new TP cast member Francesca Eastwood as well!