Wes Anderson

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Wes Anderson

Post by Rebel »

did not know where to post this, but yes Wes is my fave , Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and few other films you fans can shout out as well!! I wanna see this film Moonrise Kingdom, saw the film trailer, looks to me it's another great film!
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Re: Wes Anderson

Post by BOB1 »

Never heard the name, sorry.

I mean, I've heard the surname name... for instance

... as well as the first name... for instance

But that doesn't sum up to Wes Anderson, does it? :wink:
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

hee hee, just check out Wes Anderson :wink: I think ya might like his directing in films. I sure do!
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

I like his movies too. In my opinion he didn't make one bad movie so far. But I guess as always it depends on someones taste because I know a lot of people who've seen some of his movies and they think all of his films are kind of boring, anyway I love his stuff. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to see Moonrise Kingdom yet but from what I've seen in the trailers it also looks very promising to me. @ Rebel Did you watch Moonrise Kingdom in the theatres yet ?
Last edited by Mb3 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Not yet just the trailer snip and great to know you are a Wes Anderson Fan as well! glad to meet you! :)
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Glad to meet you too. It's always nice to meet people who share the same interest in something.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Bill Murray was excellent in the film Rushmore 8) cool to know ya lika wes Anderson 8)
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

I agree Murray was fantastic in Rushmore but I also liked him in all of the other films like The Royal Tenenbaums for example. So what's your favorite Wes Anderson movie ?
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Hard to choose, I like Rushmore, the music in the movie as well.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

I went to the cinema to see Moonrise Kingdom yesterday. All I can say so far is that I loved it. In my opinion it isn't his best movie but it defintely isn't his worst either. I hope for you that you'll also get the opportunity to watch this wonderfull movie in the near future.
Carl
RR Diner Member

Post by Carl »

My wife and I watched the HBO showing of The Grand Budapest Hotel a couple of nights ago. She gave 'points for originality' ( as she always does.) I thought it silly and contrived. The differing screen aspects were annoying and banal, imo. The great cast was mostly wasted in meaningless cameos with little or no character development. The miniatures and special effects were like Tim Burton at his campiest. I counted 4 distracting levels of narrative framing.
Not the worst movie I saw from 2014 but far from the Best. More Oscar nods than any other film of the year indeed: pshaw!
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

I LOVED The Grand Budapest Hotel, Esp. F. Murray Abraham's voice,telling a bit of the story. and seeing him in that film.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

So did I! So did all my family plus some friends :) I watched it last summer and was delighted. I wanna watch it again so then I can elaborate some more.
BOB1 wrote:Never heard the name, sorry.
Well, that was a couple of years ago, not relevant anymore!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Yes Love the film and true, an outsider wins, at times,family upset,but that's how it can be.Love the music with F. Murray's voice, I love Amadeus and he was and always will be to me a great story teller in films! did ya know he did a fruit of the loom underwear, heh!
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

But now I've just come home from Birdman and wow! I just don't know which one is my favourite for the Oscars. It's been a long time since I like the nominees so much - plus there is Boyhood which was really great, and Imitation Game and Whiplash provide a decent background to that competition... I'm guessing American Sniper, too, but haven't seen it yet.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB