Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ross »

So it seems like a bunch of people have the set already (perhaps all outside the US?). Has there been any confirmation on the deleted scenes from the series? Anything as to if the picnic video is the original or filmed off the monitor for ep 1?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Yes in Italy already arrived (on 23/24 July). Luky enough uh!
Roomservice...
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Audrey Horne wrote:I know!

I remember when it came on and thought a few things. I knew when they came back at the end of March they were going to air the last six episodes. So I thought we had two more to go, and then from Lucy's announcement we would get two more hours in June... And probably as a way of ending the show. It made me sad. More sad to realize though the following morning that it had just yanked the two remaining of the six... And that ABC was just going to burn it off in a Summer Monday movie of the week!
Do you mind if I ask you to explain a bit - Did you provide the promo to Jerry who in turn provided it to the producers behind the set? I'm confused how much anyone on this board had to do with some of the content on the blu-ray. Can someone elaborate for me? I'm so intrigued! :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Japanese release with the t-shirt. Cool that it comes in a larger outer box:
Attachments
BtmVLlTCUAAKGCx.jpg
BtmVLlTCUAAKGCx.jpg (130.24 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

vicksvapor77 wrote:

I remember when it came on and thought a few things. I knew when they came back at the end of March they were going to air the last six episodes. So I thought we had two more to go, and then from Lucy's announcement we would get two more hours in June... And probably as a way of ending the show. It made me sad. More sad to realize though the following morning that it had just yanked the two remaining of the six... And that ABC was just going to burn it off in a Summer Monday movie of the week!
Do you mind if I ask you to explain a bit - Did you provide the promo to Jerry who in turn provided it to the producers behind the set? I'm confused how much anyone on this board had to do with some of the content on the blu-ray. Can someone elaborate for me? I'm so intrigued! :)
Nope. I'll explain my minor involvement. I acted as an early adviser to Ken Ross with CBS about what I thought fans would like to see on the box set. They also were interested in rare video I have in my collection to include on the set. When they realized I wasn't just going to hand over the footage and talk terms later, they suddenly became uninterested :)

I provided a rare photo for one of the documentaries.

Most interestingly, I provided them with the contact information for a lady who directed ALL of the ABC promos for Twin Peaks. Amazingly, she kept all of the master broadcast tapes. How many of them they got from her, I don't know. She told me she had promos with Kimmy and Kyle that were never broadcast and were only used for executive meetings and events. Hopefully they got some cool stuff from her. Some of it may have degraded, I just don't know.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

birchy wrote:For those that pre-oredered thru amazon: Have you received shipping notification yet? Mine is still being treated as an open order that has not shipped yet.

I am, you know, just a little excited.
I got my shipping notification on Sunday. I paid THE ARM and a leg because I didn't understand the purpose of pre-ordering (that it's discounted massively). So I only pre-ordered it a few weeks ago. Still, I'm glad to sponsor this project. My big problem is that I still don't have a blu-ray player. I need to get an external USB one for my imac w/ a large screen, and because it's a mac, I need software as well. If anyone knows about this stuff feel free to offer some advice on an economical solution. If anybody knows about good free blu-ray software for mac, I'd love to know. When all is said and done I'll have paid well over $200 for this experience (and it'll be worth it).

Can't wait to get this thing Monday or Tuesday...though without a player it'll be just a pretty box. I've just been too busy to research much in the last few weeks.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Jerry Horne wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:

Nope. I'll explain my minor involvement. I acted as an early adviser to Ken Ross with CBS about what I thought fans would like to see on the box set. They also were interested in rare video I have in my collection to include on the set. When they realized I wasn't just going to hand over the footage and talk terms later, they suddenly became uninterested :)

I provided a rare photo for one of the documentaries.

Most interestingly, I provided them with the contact information for a lady who directed ALL of the ABC promos for Twin Peaks. Amazingly, she kept all of the master broadcast tapes. How many of them they got from her, I don't know. She told me she had promos with Kimmy and Kyle that were never broadcast and were only used for executive meetings and events. Hopefully they got some cool stuff from her. Some of it may have degraded, I just don't know.
That's so awesome! Good for you to sticking with your guns about the footage. Side note completely but another friend of mine has an insane amount of old soap opera episodes and "General Hospital" approached her on YouTube about using some of her clips. It's so strange to me that networks don't keep better archives of their shows and have to reach out to online superfans to get footage. Just seems ass backwards and pathetic to me.

The lady that did the promos - did she also assemble the "Previously on" and "Next on" clips as well? I was wondering how they were all included on this set when a few of you guys were searching for a few of them awhile back.

Whoa, does the U.S. version of the set have that booklet the Japanese one has? I don't think it does. Jealous!
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

I'm probably the only person excited about these, but could anyone who has the set already enlighten me as to what the "Atmospherics" are? From a rather non-specific and short description available, they sound like my kind of thing. No worries if you haven't got round to it. I've only got until tomorrow night to wait!

EDIT: Never mind, just seen one on youtube. These are the kind of things i can just sit and watch looping forever. Cant wait to see what the others are like. :D
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

"(S)he wears a smile, everybody run"...
Attachments
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (25.1 KiB) Viewed 8068 times
Roomservice...
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

piero wrote:"(S)he wears a smile, everybody run"...
:shock:
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

I'm gonna be really bummed if mine comes like this too
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Let's hope CBS is proactive in addressing these audio issues.
Methedrome
Roadhouse Member

Post by Methedrome »

Cancelled order from Amazon Canada. Set on hold at local hmv first thing in the morning for an even cheaper price. Thanks Amazon for nothing.
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Jerry Horne wrote:Let's hope CBS is proactive in addressing these audio issues.
Hearing about this audio issue problem, I have decided to delay my purchase until I hear more about all of this.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

james wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Let's hope CBS is proactive in addressing these audio issues.
Hearing about this audio issue problem, I have decided to delay my purchase until I hear more about all of this.
I hope that whoever around here is best placed to get the attention of CBS can do so, pronto.

This is frightening me, as my set is no doubt speeding in my direction at this very moment. I'm wondering if I should even open it when it arrives.