New Twin Peaks Promo?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Re: New Twin Peaks Promo?

Post by rocketsan22 »

BobSmith wrote:
rocketsan22 wrote:The main contact has a gmail account!!! Yeah, that's legit :?
SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com is indeed the email address used by Sande Alessi Casting, which is a real casting agency.

https://www.facebook.com/SandeAlessiCasting

http://www.sandealessicasting.com/

However, no sign of a Twin Peaks promo casting call on their web site, or facebook. They seem to keep their Facebook page very current, so the fact that is is not listed there points to a hoax.
Any legit casting company that uses gmail as their main email just reeks of professionalism....
curzon

Post by curzon »

BobSmith wrote:They seem to keep their Facebook page very current, so the fact that is is not listed there points to a hoax.
Any hint that this shooting really took place?
BobSmith

Post by BobSmith »

curzon wrote:
BobSmith wrote:They seem to keep their Facebook page very current, so the fact that is is not listed there points to a hoax.
Any hint that this shooting really took place?
Certainly no hint of it on their Facebook page.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

....and now, we have this: http://www.fangoria.com/new/excl-ray-wi ... ray-promo/

So much confusion.
gstueve
Roadhouse Member

Post by gstueve »

This is a big year for any Twin Peaks fans out there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Who's lying? Ray Wise, Mark Frost or Fangoria?

:twisted:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Who's lying? Ray Wise, Mark Frost or Fangoria?

Right now....my money is on Mark Frost. That quote from Fangoria seems pretty non vague.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:

Right now....my money is on Mark Frost. That quote from Fangoria seems pretty non vague.
And to be fair, I'm sure Mark just wanted it to be a secret for the fans I suppose.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
GeekBoyEric74 wrote:

And to be fair, I'm sure Mark just wanted it to be a secret for the fans I suppose.
If its just a short promo/commercial for the bluray, maybe Mark isn't even involved?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

He likely wasn't. Why did he call it a baseless rumor though?
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

honestly, my hunch is that it's more than a commercial for the blu-ray. they keep saying "promo" but i'm translating that as their word for VAM, or value added material for the set. Most special features on DVDs are often just referred to as promotional materials by the studios. It seems odd (and probably expensive as hell) for CBS to get Lynch to shoot just a 30 second commercial with actual actors from the show (you know Ray Wise is probably not the only one.) If it's just an ad they can get anyone to do it for peanuts. And there is no way Mark Frost doesn't know about it, being half owner of the Twin Peaks IP. This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
Jude
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jude »

I believe Ray, unless somebody proves that fangoria article is fake, even though I don't suspect that.

Maybe Mark and the guys have a plan that everybody keeps this thing as a secret so the fans would be happily surprised when they finally get the Blu-ray set. Otherwise Mark's twitter message about the baseless rumour makes no sense to me.

My biggest hope now is that we get something more than just a 30 second commercial, a longer special video would be AMAZING. :wink:
The Dream Man
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Dream Man »

Jude wrote:My biggest hope now is that we get something more than just a 30 second commercial, a longer special video would be AMAZING. :wink:
I'm really hoping so too. I know some movies/shows/etc. have created new promotional material for releases, but does Twin Peaks really warrant that? I know it's popularity has blown up the past couple of years, so maybe new footage for a promo is legitimate, but I always just assumed it would be recycled footage from the show/movie.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Ray Wise refuses to be silenced! :lol:

It seems that with this promo (or whatever it is) we at last have a tantalizing rumor which might actually pan out.

Even if 25 years later is but a glimpse, it will still be a dash of magic. Here's hoping that it heralds something more significant. When I say "hoping" I mean a few sparkling grains of hope in an ocean of cold, hard skepticism. It's no fun if you never allow yourself ANYTHING.
skawitch
Roadhouse Member

Post by skawitch »

I'd temper your expectations a little - the ad (if it's real) said it was only for a 1 day shoot which seems to bear out with Ray Wise's comment. That, unfortunately doesn't amount to a whole much of actual footage.