David Lynch actively pursuing TP revival

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MargaretLanternman

David Lynch actively pursuing TP revival

Post by MargaretLanternman »

The beloved Ray Wise recently reaffirmed that David Lynch is planning a Twin Peaks revival on TV, Welcome to Twin Peaks learned from Nick Sala who last summer worked as a production assistant on an independent film called Guardian Angel, starring Ray Wise as an attorney.

“Had a chance in between camera set ups to strike up a conversation with him.” Nick Sala writes. Because Ray Wise is one of his all time heroes, Nick broke the usual chain of protocol regarding talking to talent. Out of courtesy, he didn’t bring up Twin Peaks right away and instead mentioned Psych. To great effect, because it didn’t take long for Ray to talk about that show’s Twin Peaks homage, which consequently lead to the actor recounting his meeting with David Lynch a few months ago in Newport Beach, California. Ray Wise said David Lynch told him he was “over making movies” and instead wanted to “focus on his music and TV“.
http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/davi ... -ray-wise/
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: David Lynch actively pursuing TP revival

Post by Jasper »

I'm not at all convinced, but I do have an interesting thought. If this were actually to happen, it would be neat to hold back specific deleted scenes from the FWWM blu-ray, especially those of Annie and the nurse in the hospital, and Coop, Doc Hayward and Harry in the Great Northern. These could instead be incorporated into a third season. Since we'd probably need some exposition or something to catch us up on what happened during those 25 years, this footage could figure into the dreams or memories of any of these characters.

Just daydreaming...
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

I keep hearing he's done with movies and going back to TV, always going back to TP, or doing a new movie always with Laura Dern. I'll believe something when HE says it, and the only thing he's said was about planning a movie but not being ready to talk about it.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I am amazed that people latch on to this stuff. Sensationalized writing, based off 'some guy who talked to Ray Wise'. Threads like this should be locked, IMO.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There is already a thread for this:

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2267
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM