Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Hi everybody;

My name is Brett, I'm 19, turning 20 in October, & I live in Australia. I'm a huge film lover, so I started getting into David Lynch's films last year. I saw The Elephant Man first, then Mulholland Drive, & I eventually saw the rest of his films and loved them. I'll be going to see Inland Empire at the Sydney Film Festival on June 21st, & I only found out about it thanks to this website, which I have been visiting for a while for all my Lynch related news.

My Favourite film from David Lynch is Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. I also love the series very much & he's never made a bad film in my eyes.

I'm currently doing a photography course, which I love doing because its the only creative thing that I am good at. I loved developing photos when I did photography at school, & hopefully I'll be getting my darkroom built soon, as thats the most fun part of photography to me.
Navistar

Post by Navistar »

Hi, my name is Robi. As I often visit dugpa.com for information i stumbled over this collectors thread. Super nice thread as it is so interesting to see what goodies people have managed to get hold of during these many years.
Anyway I'm from Sweden but currently studying in Estonia. My bath is music. Mostly electronic music, which tend to have "naive" and beautiful melodies. Any interest, look into: www.myspace.com/maardu

I'm a first year student in TV/media/film and of course I have many inspirations from Mr. Lynch and I'm absolutely not afraid to mention where I get my inspiration.. Here is a sneak peak into a 4 min short film made for school. Our task was "time" and we had to include "Mozart" music somewhere.. Here it is:

http://www.maardu.jp/ImagesForWeb/Images/Time-01.mov

:-D Thank you and nice to be in a wonderful place like this!
Spook

Time

Post by Spook »

Nice work, Robi! Very atmospheric! :)
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Hello everyone!

My name is Charles and I live in Brooklyn, NY. I'm 32 and I've been an ardent fan of Twin Peaks since I first saw it at 14 years old. It's truly remarkable how its mood has stayed with me right up to this day 'I can't get enough! I recently created a website called www.intwinpeaks.com, and a sister site called www.moreintwinpeaks.com as an homage to the show and its magnificent filming locations. I hope you'll check it out. I also want to thank many of you for all the wonderful feedback you've given me for the site. THANKS!

Yours,
Charles
Last edited by charles on Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
grrlskout
Roadhouse Member

Post by grrlskout »

Hey, everyone!

I'm Mary. I'm 31 and have been an obsessive fan since the first episode of Twin Peaks aired when I was 14 years old *taps vein*. I am a member of dl.com, Twin Peaks Gazette, several Lynch related Live Journal communities, and started/ am the moderator of the "gentleman_jims" Twin Peaks community on Live Journal and "Lynch Space" on MySpace.

Favorite Lynch Film: FWWM (with Mulholland Drive a close second)

Also, reigning Twin Peaks Trivia Champion from the 2006 Twin Peaks Festival (LMAO!)

I'm glad to see so many familiar faces in here and excited to meet new ones!!!! :D
Spook

Post by Spook »

@Charles - I've been to your site a couple of times, excellent! Presentation is just perfect, great job! :)
mcseanc

Post by mcseanc »

Hello everybody! :D
I have been looking around this forum for a while, but only decided to register now :)
I am an 18 year old kid from a little island in Denmark called Bornholm.
I discovered the wonderful world of Lynch about 6 months ago because of my brother who couldn't believe that I had not watched Twin Peaks and therefore forced me to buy the Season 1 box set and I have been watching Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive too :)
I look forward to buy more Lynch movies to watch.
I am in high school right now, but my schoolyear is over and now I have my long vacation :)

That was a little about me :)

I'll see y'all ;D
Look! Ducks! On a lake!
Well Dressed Man

Hello

Post by Well Dressed Man »

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for quite awhile now. When it comes to message boards I tend to shy away, but everyone here seems nice and respectable to other people's posts, so here I am.

My name's Dave. I was at the 2004 Twin Peaks Festival, so I might have met some of you. I won the rock throwing contest, and had on a Sherilyn Fenn Tshirt at the picnic, if that helps jar anyone's memory. If not here's my personal myspace page with some pics:

http://www.myspace.com/dmgreq

The main pic on that page won't help you a bit, cause it's from when I was in 8th grade, and is absolutely terrible, ha ha. If you go into my pics section you'll see some pics form the 2004 fest.

For money, I manage a movie theater, but I'd rather be making music. I perform as "requiem". It's a dark ambient/post industrial project, and Lynch, his films, and Badalamenti, have all been a huge influence in my work.

http://www.myspace.com/requiem2872

Blue Velvet is my favorite Lynch film, as well as my favorite film of all time.

See you in the message board.
Black_Lodge

Post by Black_Lodge »

Hi all, I'm Stuart, 16 years old and I live in Portugal. The first David Lynch movie I saw was Dune, then I became "adicted" to Twin Peaks, and found out that Lynch is one of the best director's ever. His movies are the only ones that can still disturb me and amaze me at the same time.
I aim to be a movie director, and I've directed a few surreal shorts, mostly inspired by Lynch's work and my dreams. I also plan in releasing an industrial/avant-garde music album entitled A Lizard's Soliloquy under the pseudonym of Mal D'Or.
I hope to meet you all and enjoy my stay in these boards.

Cheers! :)
"I'll see you in the trees..."
katherine_b

Post by katherine_b »

My name is Katherine and I live in Seattle. I'm 19 years old and have been reading this site for 3 years now. Thanks to dugpa for all the great news!!!!!
xas

Post by xas »

Hi everybody!
Excuse me if I introduce myself now.
My name is Enrico and I live near Rome, Italy. I am 25 and I work in the insurances.
I am a great fan of Twin Peaks and Lynch, but I knew David's world with Lost Highway (I was a obsessive fan of Smashing Pumpkins...)
I have all Lynch Dvd, but nothing to comparison of fantastic items in the The Collector's Corner!
I just bought yesterday INLAND EMPIRE dvd, but this italian edition is very thin and poor. I am looking forward to US limited edition! :P
Favourite Lynch film?? ALL LYNCH FILMS!

Thanks to dugpa for your news and this forum!

Best regards,
xas
:D
Jonah
Global Moderator

Better Late Than Never ...

Post by Jonah »

Hi all.

I've been enjoying reading this thread (which I only now realised exists). It's fun learning about where everyone is from and what they're interested in. I've been posting on this site for a while without putting up an introduction so sorry for the late post on this topic.

I'm 26. I'm a writer and a major David Lynch fan.

My biggest love is Twin Peaks which I started watching when it was on and I was like 9 or 10 only! Fell in love with the show and am still in love with it. Twin Peaks always comes first for me but I'm into all of Lynch's films and his other projects.

Many people may not agree with me here, but I'd love some day for Twin Peaks to be brought back, in one form or another!
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

My name is Augusto, im portuguese, namely from Madeira Island. I am 25 years old, and im a geograph. Currently im studying in Coimbra, the second oldest university in Europe. Since this is a Lynch Forum, i should also add that my first contact with him was in late eighties when i saw Blue Velvet for the first time (i was nine years old)!
sunken_waltz

Allow me to introduce myself...

Post by sunken_waltz »

My name is Luke and I am from Melbourne, Australia. I am an amateur photographer. I work in the cinema exhibition industry so I try to get all the first-hand info on the releases of Lynch's work.

Lynch, to me, is one of the most prolific artists of our time. My first experience with his work was watching Eraserhead in year 10 at my english teacher's recommendation. Haven't looked back since!

You can find me on myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/sunken_waltz

and you can view my online photography here: http://sunken-waltz.deviantart.com/gallery/

- Luke
MrBungle

Post by MrBungle »

Hello all lynchians,
My name is Ron, I live in Las Vegas and I'm a musician/filmmaker.
Check out my stuff here: www.myspace.com/anamorphicfilms
Any feedback is totally appreciated.
CURRENT Fav lynch film: BV