The Collector's Corner

Forum dedicated to Twin Peaks photos, props, and other rare Twin Peaks memorabilia.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

John

Post by John »

Jerry, and the rest of you guys:

You have some great stuff! As a long time TP collector I am duly impressed (particularly with props--love that stuff). Here is a list of my rarest/coolest TP stuff. Sorry I don't have any pictures right now; if there is anything anybody would like to see, let me know and I will try to get the pictures posted. (Some of these things were featured in various issues of Wrapped In Plastic, if you want to look up some of the pictures).

ABC promotional poster #1 ' Dead Laura Palmer

ABC promotional poster #2 ' Truman and Cooper with Donuts

One-Eyed Jacks Poker Chip prop (Not the broken one. I think they made about a dozen of these. Got mine from Bruce Phillips years ago.)

Save The Pine Weasel button prop (Yhey made a bag full of these)

Twin Peaks foil pack of 25 cards (demo pack) (Supposedly only a few packs ever made (20-30?) and none ever offered for sale.)

Twin Peaks soundtrack limited CD (Donut image)

Twin Peaks 1991 Hallmark Calendar (Unreleased and different than the 1992 calendar. Hallmark supposedly pulled the item before sale because of Sherilyn Fenn's appearance in Playboy.)

FWWM Cast and Crew Jacket

FWWM promotional package (T-shirt, mug, thermos)

FWWM theater counter display stand

FWWM US press kit

FWWM British press kit (Complete and with shooting diary. A cool item.)

FWWM Japanese press kit

British Twin Peaks board game

Japanese Twin Peaks board game (Major cool.)

Japanese Twin Peaks card game

Japanese Twin Peaks phone cards (5 different)

Twin Peaks wallet cards (Men of TP, Women of TP)

Twin Peaks Gazette (3 issues)

Twin Peaks fan club mug

Twin Peaks fan club Christmas greeting card

Richard Beymer Twin Peaks photos (Complete black and white set)

TP Season 1 DVD poster

Complete set of signed cards (minus Cooper--anyone have an extra for sale or trade?)

Russian LP Diary/Cooper Bio

British Quad FWWM poster

2 TP Georgia Coffee Posters (Red; Cooper w/beans)

British Euro-pilot VHS tape and case (From 1990)

John
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

OMG John you have a fantastic collection.

One thing I must point out is that what people keep referring to as the British presskit is actually an English language pressbook from Cannes. I have that book in English and French. It comes with a shooting diary, a chart showing the ways in which characters are connected and four black and white stills. Wrapped In Plastic made the same mistake in their article on FWWM presskits.

The British presskit consists of an A4, stapled photocopy of the Cannes pressbook, a set of five black and white 10x8 stills (different to the ones that came with the US presskit) and a nice but slightly useless cardboard sheet that folds out and features artwork from the UK quad. It doesn't include the shooting diary. I'm starting to think this is actually rarer than the Cannes pressbook and that's why people confuse the two. The book definately isn't British - check out the contact information at the front.

John

Post by John »

Well, I don't have the British press kit. It must be the Cannes press book. (Yes, we made that mistake in WIP--I never knew there was a separate British item. Cool. I should try to get one.) I should also mention I have a complete run of Wrapped In Plastic. (Arguably this was the toughest thing to obtain since it took 14 years to produce them all! :roll: )

John, one-time co-editor of WIP
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Very nice FaceInTheLeaves. Do you think you could post a larger pic? Let's see if someone can up the ante in posting the "Ultimate" collectible.

I really like the photo of Leland in the British Lobby cards. I wonder if it is from the Deleted Scene with the Palmers speaking in Norwegian.

-B
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

John, you have the David Lynch TP Star Pics auto card??? See my previous post in this thread including a list of all 37 auto cards for details. I've only known one person who has owned one so i'm curious! I would love to see pics of the Japanese board game and Japanese press kit.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

I started collecting Wrapped In Plastic a few years ago and have over forty issues. I'm determined to collect all 75 if it kills me, and I'm starting to fear it might! I love WIP. I try to buy back issues from Winmill (they're new and they smell nice) but will have to resort to trawling Ebay for the issues that are sold out. Creased spines and worn covers, yay!

There should be more copies of the British press kit in circulation because FWWM received a lot of publicity despite having a limited theatrical run. Very little display material was distributed in the UK. Even the red FWWM mug manufactured in Stoke-On-Trent (where I used to live) was only available in the US. Now if that doesn't add insult to injury lol!

I've got bigger, clearer pictures of the lobby cards somewhere Meester Dugpa. I'll have a look for them later today. I suspect the picture of Leland is from that deleted scene. It was also used on an Italian photobusta. I've only seen one complete set of UK lobby cards and that was in February 1993 but I think there were pictures of Lil, Cooper with the Little Man, Cooper with Carl Rodd and the Palmer's. Those cards have become my holy grail! They're smaller than the French and German sets and are printed on card. The lettering's beautiful.
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Hi everyone, I saw the mention of this thread on the main page & thought I'd share what I own. Pretty cool stuff so far, thanks for sharing them guys. Anyway, I've got a couple of pictures, but my digital cameras are crap so I can't post many pictures, sorry. Don't own much since I haven't been collecting for too long. But, here's what I've got

- The DVD's & soundtracks obviously. Apparently the 2 disc Korean FWWM DVD is heaps rare, but I did find a copy on Ebay. Not sure if it is rare or not, since I've only seen it once.

- The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. I've got 2 copies, one in Paperback & one in hardcover.

- The Autobiography of Special Agent Dale Cooper.

- Twin Peaks: Behind The Scenes.

- Welcome to Twin Peaks: A Guide to Who's Who & What's What.

- Welcome to Twin Peaks: Access Guide to the Town.

- Twin Peaks: FWWM screenplay. Not an original, but an awful photocopy unfortunately, but it was a great read.

- Agent Cooper & Sheriff Truman glossy Black & White photo. I think this was a promo photo before the series was cancelled.

- Wanted Bob poster. The one we seen put up in various places in the series. Not an original, but still quite cool.

- Sheryl Lee/Laura Palmer prom photo.

- Framed Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me 27x40 Theatrical poster. I bought it ages ago & and it professionally framed. Expensive, but well worth it.

- Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department hat.

- Coroner of Twin Peaks County hat.

- Twin Peaks: FWWM framed negatives.

Sorry for the bad photo, but thats the best I could find of this. These are a limited numbered item with a pair of negatives from a 35mm print of the film on either side of the poster. I own 3 of these, & the scenes on the negatives on mine are: Leland/Bob standing over Laura about her dirty finger nails, Laura smiling at the end of the film, Bobby Briggs walking up to the school cabinet to Laura's prom photo, James Hurley riding up to the Palmer House, Laura freaking out in the car when the One Armed Man pulls up next to them, & Agent Cooper standing over Laura. They all look quite cool IMO.

- 2 packs of the 76 pack of Twin Peaks trading cards. One is sealed in its original plastic wrapping, while the other isn't.

- Test pack of Twin Peaks trading cards. These are those ones in the plastic packaging that weren't fully produced.

- 8x10 Twin Peaks: FWWM photo signed by Sheryl Lee.

- Agent Cooper audio tapes. Actually, this isn't the actual item, as it was transferred to CD, but I'm glad I've actually heard them.

- Twin Peaks singles Cassette "Falling", also signed by Sheryl Lee.

- Twin Peaks location maps. Nothing outstanding, but these are the maps of shooting locations available at the Twede's Cafe (Double R Diner). I bought some when I went last year.

- Twin Peaks postcard. Again, nothing outstanding, but its a photo of the town of North Bend that says Twin Peaks.

- Starpics signed cards. I've currently got the Sheriff Truman trading card signed by Michael Ontkean, & the Madeleine Ferguson trading card signed by Sheryl Lee.

I am also waiting to receive these signed cards which I've ordered from Bruce Phillips: Andy Brennan, Lucy Moran, Dick Tremayne, The Log Lady, Leo Johnson, The One Armed Man, Dr. Jacoby, & Nadine Hurley

Sorry if this message is a bit long, & I'll post more pictures if anyone is interested.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Wow, Hank! Those pictures are incredible! Welcome to the community;
I speak for all of us when I say, "more, more, more, PLEASE!"
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

I see it takes the objects and artefacts to bring out the old-timers to something like this. Hello, John!

I used to edit/publish the UK TP-zine "February 24". I still have all my stuff tho' will admit my attention has drifted over the years.

All my bits and pieces but are in storage but I certainly have very little to compare to some of what's been displayed so far.

re. signed cards. I have a Deputy Andy card that was signed by Goaz *and* Sheryl Lee. This was printed in WIP at some point. I can only guess they were perhaps sitting together during the signing as I seem to recall they were close friends.

A friend visited the TP filming sites not long after it wrapped. They enquired with a local who directed them to a scrap yard where the wreck of the 'murder scene' train car sat. (I have a photo of it somewhere.) They 'liberated' a chunk of wood from the wreck and sent it to me. I still like to think a little part of Laura's soul is captured in the wood ...

D.
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Annie wrote:Wow, Hank! Those pictures are incredible! Welcome to the community;
I speak for all of us when I say, "more, more, more, PLEASE!"
Thanks, Annie. I'll gladly take some more photos sometime, & thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. Hate to sound arrogant, but I posted in the introduction thread if you want to know more about me.

Oh, and douglasb, its cool how you got that card that was signed by Harry Goaz & Sheryl Lee. I had heard about it in the Twin Peaks Collectables catalogue, & wanted to get it, but unfortunately Bruce didn't reply when I emailed him about it. No big deal, he might have been too busy or didn't receive it.
jonathanolah

My favorite

Post by jonathanolah »

Purchased a stool from the Mar-T back in 2005. Several were offered for auction on ebay, curious who else on this board may own one.

Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Hey guys, I thought I might show you pics of some of my framed FWWM cells, instead of that basic picture I provided earlier. Sorry for the awful quality, but I couldn't really help that, & sorry if the images are too big. I'll edit/delete them if they are.

Last edited by Hank_Jennings on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Navistar

Post by Navistar »

Probably mentioned but here is one thing i have.. as i love the music from Twin Peaks i just had to get this..The notes to play the music.. from ebay 1998 or something... nice thread !

charles
RR Diner Member

Josie's Lamp

Post by charles »

Alright, I know this may not really qualify, as it's not an actual Twin Peaks prop, but I just wanted to share with you this photo of my lamp which is the same exact model that was used as Josie's lamp in the pilot. I know it's odd, but this was always THE prop that I coveted most (maybe you can tell from my avatar). Perhaps it's because it was in one of the first memorable shots from the pilot. Who knows? That moment when Josie is humming to herself at her dressing table has always deeply haunted me. I can't really account for it, but I had to have that lamp! For years I searched everywhere for the actual lamp that was used in the show. I even stalked around the Kiana Lodge (to no avail) hoping it was actually there so that I could offer to buy it. Finally, I decided that getting one of the same model would have to do, so after months of sleuthing, I found one. This is a Russian Wolfhound lamp from the 1940's. Luckily, I found one with all it's original parts. Here it is... mine, then Josie's from the show.

P.S. I'm painfully jealous of and incredibly impressed with all of the props and memorabilia I've seen here. While I do have the basics, the books, magazines, cards, t-shirts, etc., I totally missed out on the big stuff--I found ebay way too late in life.
Last edited by charles on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YannD

Post by YannD »

Navistar wrote:Probably mentioned but here is one thing i have.. as i love the music from Twin Peaks i just had to get this..The notes to play the music.. from ebay 1998 or something... nice thread !

First of all, thanks for this thread, really interesting stuff around here !

Second, Hi, I just registered. Long time Lynch fan, long time TP fan (first addicted on its first airing on french TV channels in '90) and long time lurker at TPGazette.com.

Third : this music sheet !!! I cannot find it around here, is there a way you could scan it so that I can try and adapt some bits and pieces for trumpets and sax ? As a matter of fact, as I was going back to watching Season 2 recently, I decided to try and reproduce some brass parts of the TPFWWM soundtrack... and there you go with that nice music sheet.

Keep the good stuff rolling in this thread.