5 most annoying Twin Peaks characters?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Diane
RR Diner Member

5 most annoying Twin Peaks characters?

Post by Diane »

1. Evelyn Marsh
2. Malcolm Sloan
3. Dick Tremayne
4. Lana Milford
5. Hank Jennings
forgiveness

Re: 5 most annoying Twin Peaks characters?

Post by forgiveness »

1.John Wheeler
2.Garland Briggs
3.Norma Jennings
4.Benjamin Horne
5.Jose Packard

Not in any particular order. :)
Black Rose
Roadhouse Member

Post by Black Rose »

Anyone introduced after Maddy bites it. :P
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Evelyn Marsh
Malcolm Sloan
Dick Tremayne
Lana Milford
James (when he left Twin Peaks)
Roomservice...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Annie -easy one. God, a character did not make me angrier back in 1991. Luckily, she redeemed herself to me in the fantastic Boogie Nights. "Light out, kind of like my brain" indeed.

John. Justice. Wheeler. -I love Zane, but this guy was all around lame. I'd rather Audrey join that Bulgarian convent Ben threatened her with.

Lana -this character was a mess. When Fenn, Boyle, Amick, Lee, Chen and Lipton had been written so much for a year prior as the most luminous women in TV, it was hard to take seriously that this creation in a black and white jumpsuit was the extraordinary one.

Evelyn, Malcolm and whoever her husband was. Do I really need to explain? You are no Barbara Stanwyck! This bad noir can hike it over to Cinemax After Dark.

Windom Earle!!!!! Love Welsh -great choice. Hated the execution. Those horrible disguises -even the Log Lady wasn't spared. How he managed to work with the ABC publicity department to get production stills of Audrey, Donna and Shelley. Look he's a genuis!! He's playing cards, he's playing chess -he doesn't follow through on anything. All I'm thinking about is how he is able to lug all that papier mache to his cabin. Horrific.

*Little Nicky is too easy.

**Honorable (or Hororable) mention goes to any extra that was shown wearing acid washed jeans or white high tops and ruining the whole time-warp quality to a beautifully undated show.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

2nd season Nadine.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Post by Snogster707 »

Diane wrote:1. Evelyn Marsh
2. Malcolm Sloan
3. Dick Tremayne
4. Lana Milford
5. Hank Jennings
I concur. Though dick was extremely amusing to me; his pretentious behavior made the character especially funny, even if annoying at turns. But little Nicky sure gave him the business and took him down a peg or two: I loved the interaction between the two.

Dunno why Evelyn, etc were included as a subplot. I thought that trio/subplot were superfluous.

I agree with user 'audrey' about Lana. Another superfluous subplot with a vapid and vacunt woman...