List your 5 favorite episodes ?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mb3
RR Diner Member

List your 5 favorite episodes ?

Post by Mb3 »

I'm sorry if a similar thread has been posted here before but I'm really curious to know which episodes all of the other folks on this forum prefer ?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: List your 5 favorite episodes ?

Post by Audrey Horne »

the obvious ones are going to be the Lynch directed episodes. And it certainly makes sense.

Pilot
Cooper's Dream
Maddy's death
Finale

as well as the Second Season premiere and the next episode.

But I would ask what are the best non-directed Lynch episodes.

I'll go with- (leaving Lynch episodes off the table-

1. 1.05 and 1.06 (tie): Everything is now heating up; we know the character and the situations are getting intense leading to the first season's payoff. Audrey's best episodes. Great Catherine and Ben interaction. Leland's dance. A meeting with the Log Lady and the discovery of the cabin in the woods. Cherry stem, natch!

3. 2.06: The strongest non-watershed episode of the season. The pacing is a great template for a normal episode. Leslie Linka Glater is a sharp director. Josie's scene with Ben is tremendous fun. Cooper rescues Audrey and then the wonderful moment between Cooper and Ben (the awkward hug alone is worth it). Maddy finally clicks as a character in a tender scene with James by the lake. Audrey and Ben's chess game -"Daddy, I would like Agent Cooper to take me home..." "Maybe we could all go together.") And Ben and Leland singing.

4. 1.04: The funeral. Bookhouse Boy talk, mystery of the woods. Albert's best episode.

5. 1.07: Simply for the excitement and remembering being on the edge of my seat when it aired.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Buck's Student
Roadhouse Member

Post by Buck's Student »

I can't think of individual episodes as well, because I have only watched the series twice in a row.

In no order:

Season two: episode one: Hilarious.

The episodes with David always come to mind when I think of the show. Particularly the one when he comes on to Shelly.

It took me the second time around to realize the brilliance of the Pilot. At first, I was taken aback by the synth background (Which I LOVE), and the dramatic acting. I mean, it was REALLY over the top, but I love it.
BobbyPeru

Post by BobbyPeru »

I love all the ones with Evelyn Marsh. Brilliant story writing!
"I'm a whole damn town" - Andy
Black Rose
Roadhouse Member

Post by Black Rose »

Without reading the other responses, I have to say that a particular favorite of mine is the episode where Audrey meets Battis at Horne's, Bobby goes for family counseling with Jacoby, and Shelly shoots Leo.

Of course, this episode is topped off with the BEAUTIFUL montage of the raven, the visit with the Log Lady, the raven, the visit to the cabin, and the meeting of Waldo and the finding of the poker chip; as well as the AWESOME final scene when Cooper finds a visitor in his room. :D
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

BobbyPeru wrote:I love all the ones with Evelyn Marsh. Brilliant story writing!
I think Bobby Peru forgot to come up for air... ;)
Buck's Student
Roadhouse Member

Post by Buck's Student »

garethw wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

garethw wrote:
Bobby probably lost his head ?