3rd Season and Leo

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

3rd Season and Leo

Post by Jerry Horne »

So, what would have happened with Leo in the third season? He seemed pretty concerned with Shelly near the end of the series. He still probably would have been charged with arson and who knows what else if they could catch him.

I really love this scene at the start of episode 26. Leo just looks so zombified.
Attachments
FinderScreenSnapz009.jpg
FinderScreenSnapz009.jpg (55.38 KiB) Viewed 13211 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: 3rd Season and Leo

Post by Brad D »

we also must not forget about the corpse of bernard renault out there in the woods...i'm sure leo didnt do a spic and span job of disposing the evidence.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Maybe he got Shelly to 'clean' things up.

"A man needs a clean house" after all.

It would have been interesting if Leo got all nice in season 3.
bmoney

Post by bmoney »

i read somewhere of how the cliff hangers at the end of season 2 were to be resolved, and apparently the idea was that leo was there holding that box of poisonous spiders suspended with his teeth, and eventually people (i think truman, hawk etc) would find him. He'd yell out for help when he was discovered, but in the process let go of the string, killing him. again, this is essentially still speculative, but it would be a shame - the fact that leo was of such little significance in the middle and latter stages of tp was one of the biggest mistakes (i thought) TP made
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

No, that was the scripted cliffhanger. Leo sighs a relieved, "Hi" when help comes, and of course the spiders fall. The outside of the cabin is shown with his screaming.

Doubtful he would be killed off. But he certainly was fenced into a corner for season two.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
NoiselessFan
Roadhouse Member

Post by NoiselessFan »

As far as I'm concerned, his character died in season 1.
kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

Post by kim 13781 »

I do'nt know about Leo he was in a really tough situation at the end, i'm not sure if they would have killed him off though it would have been weird if somehow he changed is ways towards Shelly and was all nice I do'nt know this is a tough one I guess we will never know now
Damn fine coffee...and hot - Agent Cooper
smiling

Post by smiling »

leo was such a monster. shoulda named him scorpio or something :wink: .
BobbyPeru

Post by BobbyPeru »

Leo has to remain a creep. I don't want to see Leo all nice and lovey-dovey. The show was always best when he was an arse!
"I'm a whole damn town" - Andy
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

I'd say Lynch and Frost would have kept Leo around, but the character definitely would have needed to be re-worked to get away from the brain-dead slave in season two, or even the drug-dealing thug in season one. Maybe Leo could have played into the notion of duality in season three, come back as a changed, charming man and 'model citizen' following his rescue... and try and win Shelley back. (And secretly threaten Bobby when they're alone). Remember, only he knows that Bobby was drug-dealing for him at one point, and that Bobby 'killed a guy'... which might have played well into their on-going conflict.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Buck's Student
Roadhouse Member

Post by Buck's Student »

Well, with half of Twin Peaks dead ( :lol: ), Leo might just leave for Seattle.

I would have liked to have seen him leave Shelly, or vice-versa, and him start off fresh. Maybe still be pretty intense and threatening, but much less violent. With more cast members suddenly gone, it would have been cool to introduce some new lady for him.
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

I would have loved Hank blackmailing Leo (maybe he would have something on him - like an old job he pulled) to break him out of prison in season three.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Coffee wrote:I would have loved Hank blackmailing Leo (maybe he would have something on him - like an old job he pulled) to break him out of prison in season three.
Dang! Great idea! I can't believe there were only two seasons of Twin Peaks :(
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

I know. :( It truly sucks.

Hank was one of my favourite characters. In my 'perfect' season three, Hank would've played a much larger role.

I have a feeling that a third season would have been as different as season two was to season one.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Several times I thought about a 3rd season but many of TP actors are dead and now it's harder to think about a third season. In the final episode some scene seems to come back at the Pilot episode (as Heidi arriving late at work and Bobby tells her the same thing he said in the Pilot, Nadine looking for her curtains....) Anyway here's my opinion about what could happen to some characters.

LEO is not dead for the spiders and he will try to reach out for Shelly and Bobby to kill them.

BEN HORNE maybe will be numb for ever.

NADINE, ED, NORMA - everything as the same in the begin of the serie.

WINDOM goes to mental hospital

JAMES comes back to DONNA to stay forever with her.

TRUMAN and BRIGGS take COOPER to the White Lodge to escape from BOB.

I know it could sound strange but according to Laura Palmer "I'll see you again in 25 years. Meanwhile..." I always thought that Twin Peaks could come back "in 25 years"...about in 2015!
Maybe I'm crazy.... :roll:
Roomservice...